facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 10, 2013, 08:39 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib al hasan

Not bad for a fat guy. He probably cant do better than this in this format.
Old August 10, 2013, 08:48 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Good innings. It was difficult batting condition at the start.
Old August 10, 2013, 08:51 PM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

if you analyze the over he got out you'll see that he hit 2 6s of the first two balls, thats 12 runs, now if you only scores singles of the other 4 balls thats 16 runs in the over, thats a very big over. you dont need a 30 run over, you are not chasing a total were you need 20 per over to win. if that was the case than singles wouldn't have done much. but still tamim went down the track to hit another 6 to one of the best spinners the world has seen.

cricket is not always skills, many times its a thinking game and our guys dont think. our infrastructure may not gave you great skills but god gave you a brain damn it
Old August 10, 2013, 08:59 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

I would take 75 of 62 considering the condition and way he was batting in this tournament.
Old August 10, 2013, 09:20 PM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
I would take 75 of 62 considering the condition and way he was batting in this tournament.
i jave no problem with this innings, considering the circumstances that was a very good innings, i have no problem with this out either, you can get stumped

but i have serious problem with this thought process, i remember he also got on the fifth day of the test match(where BD was looking to bat out the day for a draw) in the first couple of overs dancing down the wicket and giving catch to the slip. will you disagree with me if i call that guy an idiot?
Old August 10, 2013, 09:24 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

ami eto kichu bujhi na...kotha holo eksho keno holo na.. hoyai noh hundred
Old August 10, 2013, 10:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
i jave no problem with this innings, considering the circumstances that was a very good innings, i have no problem with this out either, you can get stumped

but i have serious problem with this thought process, i remember he also got on the fifth day of the test match(where BD was looking to bat out the day for a draw) in the first couple of overs dancing down the wicket and giving catch to the slip. will you disagree with me if i call that guy an idiot?
It's not only Tamim. It's all our players in general. Some more than others. The problem is in our player's cricket IQ. It's gotten better over the years but they still lack in that department.
Old August 10, 2013, 10:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tendo, Shakib, Gilchrist

Quote:
if you analyze the over he got out you'll see that he hit 2 6s of the first two balls, thats 12 runs, now if you only scores singles of the other 4 balls thats 16 runs in the over, thats a very big over. you dont need a 30 run over, you are not chasing a total were you need 20 per over to win. if that was the case than singles wouldn't have done much. but still tamim went down the track to hit another 6 to one of the best spinners the world has seen.

cricket is not always skills, many times its a thinking game and our guys dont think. our infrastructure may not gave you great skills but god gave you a brain damn it
i think he had no choice. His team needed quick runs and had 7 wickets in hand, and what he did was ok in my view. Oh, and tamim was not running quickly and attacking is the best option

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old August 10, 2013, 10:42 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Tamim's now the 3rd highest scorer in the CPL
Old August 10, 2013, 10:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
It's not only Tamim. It's all our players in general. Some more than others. The problem is in our player's cricket IQ. It's gotten better over the years but they still lack in that department.
most of them did not have proper education. Education system in BD such that there is no time to do ECAs so those who become cricketers neglect studies

tamim has a different issue altogether. He was ahead of other playes in some aspect, just that he is ghaura something that education never help. Its in his nature and we need to keep in mind thats its not likely to change for the time being. Tamim is still ordinary for the time being, until he starts scoring big. A couple of 100s wud do nicely

Last edited by MHRAM; August 11, 2013 at 06:41 AM..
Old August 10, 2013, 11:03 PM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
most of them did not have proper education. Education system in BD such that there is no time to do ECAs so those who become cricketers neglect studies

if education is the case then you should leave tamim out, he got proper education and is from a recognized family of BD

Yet often he is the main culprit, i am not talking about this innings for zouks but in all together
Old August 10, 2013, 11:34 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

It is not only about studying physics chemistry etc but rather studying the game itself and how it is played. Ex-players of other teams like Strauss, Wasim Akram, Ganguly, Warne etc quite seamlessly move into cricket commentary and when they speak they go deep into what tactics should be employed at different situations of the game. I doubt we would find any such player who would be able to do that when they retire. Atahar Ali is the best we got and that says something.
Old August 11, 2013, 01:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: 75 69 29

Finally some runs!
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old August 11, 2013, 02:00 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
we need someone to guide the current player in this dept and BKSP needs to get youngsters thinking about the game, i can remember many incidents where if we only played with commonsense we would have been in the wining side. now considering our winning records even one win is valuable to us. leaving the match playing like a brain dead money should be considered a crime
Old August 11, 2013, 02:05 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
i think he had no choice. His team needed quick runs and had 7 wickets in hand, and what he did was ok in my view. Oh, and tamim was not running quickly and attacking is the best option

just to talk in the contest of the game what happend after?, it was not like pollard,ab devilears, dhoni was waiting in the dug out and only option left for tamim was to hit out or get out.

after tamim got out the zouks fell apart, only recognized hitter left was albie morken and he is out of form. so tamim had no option isn't right,even if he carried on zouks would have scored 10-15 runs more and that may have been the deciding factor

now forget about the zouks and think how many times tamim has done this playing for BD?..i can care less about zouks but i am annoyed thinking about the past
Old August 11, 2013, 02:44 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Pollard, Steyn

In my opinion what night wolf is saying is perfectly viable and true but might not be hitting the nail on the head. I think tamim has played enough cricket and is competent enough to know every point you mentioned but you have to remember, cricket like any sports is not just played with logic but with instincts, players who do well trust their instinct and what comes naturally to them. If you over think things, the shots and footwork that was once effortless becomes difficult. Now I not defending Tamims non sensical heave attempts over midwicket but saying he does it, not because he is stupid or eneducated but because he believes he has and will be successful that way. But to get his 30 odd average to a 40 he needs to improve and has to have to the desire to learn when to let his instincts lose and when to curb them.
Old August 11, 2013, 03:05 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafayeen
In my opinion what night wolf is saying is perfectly viable and true but might not be hitting the nail on the head. I think tamim has played enough cricket and is competent enough to know every point you mentioned but you have to remember, cricket like any sports is not just played with logic but with instincts, players who do well trust their instinct and what comes naturally to them. If you over think things, the shots and footwork that was once effortless becomes difficult. Now I not defending Tamims non sensical heave attempts over midwicket but saying he does it, not because he is stupid or eneducated but because he believes he has and will be successful that way. But to get his 30 odd average to a 40 he needs to improve and has to have to the desire to learn when to let his instincts lose and when to curb them.
you make a fair point about not over thinking cricket and backing your instincts however there should be a difference between an experienced batsman and a new batsman. Tamim now is quite experienced and he should be able to know his own game well enough to execute without taking far too many risks. Even a player with the immense power of Gayle takes his time to get set and even opts for playing defensively against dangerous bowlers to play them out. If Gayle is able to curb his natural instincts knowing even his mishit will go for a six, Tamim can do better than going down the track first ball off a new bowler or trying reverse sweep at a critical situation. There is a difference between taking calculated risks and playing afridi style with no responsibility. Tamim falls in the latter category and hence he will never be consistently successful like the other great batsman in the game.
Old August 11, 2013, 05:34 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Finally a good innings from a BD player.
This innings was a nice blend of caution & aggression.
Tamim definitely has the quality but lacks consistency, but he is still the 3rd top scorer & has the 2nd highest individual score of CPL.
Another thing I've notice is TI is much better while batting first than chasing.
Hope this continues.
Old August 11, 2013, 06:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
just to talk in the contest of the game what happend after?, it was not like pollard,ab devilears, dhoni was waiting in the dug out and only option left for tamim was to hit out or get out.

after tamim got out the zouks fell apart, only recognized hitter left was albie morken and he is out of form. so tamim had no option isn't right,even if he carried on zouks would have scored 10-15 runs more and that may have been the deciding factor

now forget about the zouks and think how many times tamim has done this playing for BD?..i can care less about zouks but i am annoyed thinking about the past
cant disagree. Tamim isnt known for getting us over the line

Old August 11, 2013, 12:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Highlights: http://www.espncricinfo.com/caribbea...io/661323.html

Gibbs is so unhappy with Tamim over his run out.
Old August 11, 2013, 03:47 PM
Club Cricketer

Tamim's 75 highlights:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-WAvb3frIk
Old August 11, 2013, 03:59 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketboy
Highlights: http://www.espncricinfo.com/caribbea...io/661323.html

Gibbs is so unhappy with Tamim over his run out.
There was no single there. Fat guy like Gibbs shouldn't look to run those.
Old August 12, 2013, 06:04 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Tamim & bhabi saab

Old August 14, 2013, 12:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
There was no single there. Fat guy like Gibbs shouldn't look to run those.
However, tamim's running is pathetic. I saw Sammy imploring him to get going when he settled for a single when two was there for the taking. I don't think he spends enough time and dedication to his aerobic fitness. He must be a fitter player if he wants to score big totals. His potential is so obvious.
Old October 9, 2013, 02:53 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

CA now making bats on Tamim's name

http://www.itsjustcricket.co.uk/cric...icket-bat-p794