facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old April 17, 2010, 01:03 AM
Test Cricketer

You guys just reminded me of this stock I traded last year . A company called Medallion Financial Corp., trades on nasdaq under the ticker symbol: TAXI. Boring stock, it didn't do anything for me-- bought at $8 sold at $8.
Old April 17, 2010, 03:15 AM

Orpheus and bangladesh_sy,

I've removed your posts that have detracted this thread to a personal flame war. To Orpheus, calm down. Bangladesh_sy, you too: Whether you thought orpheus is a taxi driver or not, the tone of your message wasnt very polite either. I wont tolerate this thread going down the drain because of your following bickering. Take it outside.

- as mod
Old April 22, 2010, 08:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

So been proud owner of Axp since $26 (shame wasn't smart enough to pick it up at 10, though added it at 10 on my watch/purchase list. Also couldn't find anyone to lend me money - everybody was scared). They reported earnings today I guess - i will be getting rid of it soon if I get a chance.

Even though I think this bull market will be one of the longest.... All good companies will exceed all their previous highs. Dow will exceed its previous records by end of Obama's presidency unless something really goes wrong. As long as "no news" is taken as "good news" - we are good. This is a market where you simply HOLD and go to sleep and watch cricket.

Last edited by Orpheus; April 22, 2010 at 08:33 PM..
Old April 23, 2010, 02:16 AM

btw, which discount brokerage(s) do you guys use in the US? Tradeking seems way cheaper than scottrade, but whats the catch? I may need to open an account soon.

I trade on and off in the Australian Stock Exchange through Commsec. What major rip offs: each trade costs $21.9. I need to cover my long position with a put option on one of my stocks. The option costs $2.12, but commissions+charges comes to $37 each way on buying the option, and then excercising it later. And, Dont even get me started on the paperwork!
Old April 23, 2010, 01:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: James Bond

I can say that I am a very satisfied Scottrade customer. There is nothing at all that I can complain about regarding their service. I've even been to their local branch in Philly (to put in some next of kin info on my account), and they treated me like a king.
Old April 23, 2010, 11:41 PM
Test Cricketer

I also like Scottrade. In addition to their superior customer services, they offer ScottradeElite, an excellent tool for statistical and technical analysis if you invest 25k with them. Only problem I've faced so far is you can't seem to trade certain international stocks even if they trade on U.S. exchanges (Satyam, NYSE: SAY, is one that comes to mind as I was busting my balls trying to buy that stock when it went below a buck). Eventually I had to open another account with ING Direct to circumnavigate that issue, in spite of which Scottrade is still my preferred online broker when I'm trading regular stocks.
Old April 24, 2010, 04:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: James Bond

The nicer half of my portfolio (right-most column is overall return):

If only I hadn't sold NFLX around 28... I'd have been at ~400% gains on it now.

Also, I put 40% of my total investment money (over last 2 years) in V.

Last edited by goru; April 24, 2010 at 04:18 AM..
Old April 24, 2010, 12:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
btw, which discount brokerage(s) do you guys use in the US? Tradeking seems way cheaper than scottrade, but whats the catch? I may need to open an account soon.

I trade on and off in the Australian Stock Exchange through Commsec. What major rip offs: each trade costs $21.9. I need to cover my long position with a put option on one of my stocks. The option costs $2.12, but commissions+charges comes to $37 each way on buying the option, and then excercising it later. And, Dont even get me started on the paperwork!
I have been using tradeking to buy stocks available on DOW and Nasdaq for a while, they have been really good so far. There customer service has been really good as well.

If you decide on tradeking, I will send you an invite... and i will get some cash for the invite.
Old April 25, 2010, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_pagol
If you decide on tradeking, I will send you an invite... and i will get some cash for the invite.
Thanks for the help. Lets see what happens....
Old January 4, 2011, 01:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Facebook IPO maybe be coming up soon. You guys might want to follow this very closely. I am urging other members to bump this thread a week prior to their IPO (whenever it is) just so we can all follow it.

Privately, they are valuing it at 50 billion. Probably undervalued. It recently surpassed google as the number one most visited site in the world.
Old August 29, 2013, 11:28 AM
Cricket Sage

Eeesssshhhhh... last year-e keno je Tesla Kinlamna? I was following them, but never had the courage to buy it.
Old February 6, 2014, 04:10 PM
Cricket Sage

twitter dropped 24%. but still much higher than the IPO rate. never got the opportunity to buy when it went public. Is it a good entry point?

Sold Facebook today with 150% profit. Bought the stock when it dipped below IPO rate. On second thought, should I hold it a little bit longer? All those negative prediction ( sky will fall) made me nervous and I sold it may be a little early.

Ki korbo? Buy naki Sell ? Sell naki Hold?

Last edited by Fazal; February 6, 2014 at 07:35 PM..
Old February 6, 2014, 04:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Twitter's stock went down even though revenue went up. I won't bet on Twitter in the long run. I don't see them as an innovative company. On the other hand, FB constantly acquires new start ups and is more than just a social networking site now. They will go up and I think you probably could have kept it little longer.

Overall the market will 'correct' itself after bullish 2013. So don't buy anything yet as price will go down further. Then it will be a good entry point. Not too sure about selling. Last night idumb told me about green mountain coffee and today it gained around 24%.

disclaimer: i am a novice market follower. so don't hold me responsible for your loss but if you gain then i charge 0.20% consulting fee
Old February 16, 2014, 01:06 AM
Cricket Legend

I just read some post of Orpheus' from this forgotten thread.. the late march and april posts...even the few on this page a year later. It seems like he was really excited and some of those posts just gave me massive shivers...... Mark of a genius really.... He really saw the how the next 5 years would play out.

I think Orpheus is a much better, well informed and a ballsy investor than me for sure. It's a shame he didn't have lot of money ..... I wish i was in a position (read has some income) where i am now so i can just pour him some cash damn it.

I wanna kill my brother and brother in law now for not having an iota of trust in Orpheus. That young ba$tard knew, cuz he had all the time in the world when bored with studying, researching and being well informed.
Old February 16, 2014, 01:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Orpheus was full of energy and i can see him having so much ambition. idumb suffer from mild depression, so his judgement are probably cloudy, so is his future.