facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 2, 2013, 12:54 AM
Test Cricketer

I think more people would've had sympathy for him if he had acted like a true whistle blower. He's been involved in fixing for the better part of the last decade and could've come out at any point. But he chose to wait until his back was against the wall in the presence of intimidating ACSU investigators in the interrogation chamber. He was obviously very scared and confused not knowing what the interrogators knew and what they didn't, and that's when the floodgates opened. Also the strange role he played in the past during the whole ICL saga didn't help his cause either.
Old September 2, 2013, 02:13 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
I think more people would've had sympathy for him if he had acted like a true whistle blower. He's been involved in fixing for the better part of the last decade and could've come out at any point. But he chose to wait until his back was against the wall in the presence of intimidating ACSU investigators in the interrogation chamber. He was obviously very scared and confused not knowing what the interrogators knew and what they didn't, and that's when the floodgates opened. Also the strange role he played in the past during the whole ICL saga didn't help his cause either.
Old December 7, 2013, 03:14 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Ash is playing garage cricket with one of my friend now a days. went to hajj too. looks relaxed now...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Old December 7, 2013, 10:08 PM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

i hope he prosper in garage cricket and forget every other form of cricket
Old December 8, 2013, 04:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
Ash is playing garage cricket with one of my friend now a days. went to hajj too. looks relaxed now...
Yeah he played for Erasers in the Inter LCLS South Cricket Tournament in their Kalabagan campus. He's quite close to Barrister Khaled H Chowdhury, the Principal of LCLS South, and was playing at his request.
Old December 8, 2013, 07:58 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

I was talking about this a few days ago! http://banglacricket.com/alochona/sh....php?p=1740808
Old December 8, 2013, 11:18 AM
Banned

guys... get over it!
So many ppl make mistakes. Look at Mohammad Aamir, do you in your right mind think he should be banned for life? Look at Marlon Samuels... didn't he make a comeback? stop acting so emo man... give the guy another chance, don't banish him for life [THIS ONLY APLIES IF IT IS PROVEN THAT HE ONLY FIXED THE BPL MATCHES AND NOTHING MORE. IF HE FIXED WAY MORE THAN WHAT WE THINK HE DID THEN BAN HIM FOR LIFE].
Old December 8, 2013, 12:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveermansu
guys... get over it!
So many ppl make mistakes. Look at Mohammad Aamir, do you in your right mind think he should be banned for life? Look at Marlon Samuels... didn't he make a comeback? stop acting so emo man... give the guy another chance, don't banish him for life [THIS ONLY APLIES IF IT IS PROVEN THAT HE ONLY FIXED THE BPL MATCHES AND NOTHING MORE. IF HE FIXED WAY MORE THAN WHAT WE THINK HE DID THEN BAN HIM FOR LIFE].
You are a bit late to the party it seems. By his own admission, he fixed in 2004 against India and in 2012 t20 WC against NZ.

Last edited by Habib; December 8, 2013 at 11:53 PM..
Old December 8, 2013, 07:04 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib al hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
You are a bit late to the party it seems. By his own admission, he fixed in 2004 against India and in 2011 WC against NZ.
we never played NZ in 2011 WC.
Old December 8, 2013, 08:48 PM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by moh899
we never played nz in 2011 wc.
2012 t20 wc
Old December 8, 2013, 11:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
2012 t20 wc
My bad. Thanks for the correction. Yes that's the match.
Old December 15, 2013, 03:24 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Yeah, I am gonna miss this guy ....His 190 against Sri Lanka was class.
Old December 15, 2013, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Yeah, I am gonna miss this guy ....His 190 against Sri Lanka was class.
When Ash is on song, he's a treat to watch!

I am missing his cricket so dearly.
Old December 15, 2013, 10:04 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Ash is a hero compare to many so called Saints in Bangladesh. You need a lot of guts to admit your wrong doing and apologise to the whole nation on TV.

But the door for national team is closed for him.
Old December 15, 2013, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Ash is a hero compare to many so called Saints in Bangladesh. You need a lot of guts to admit your wrong doing and apologise to the whole nation on TV.
He was only 16 years or so when he was forced to help manipulates the games.
The real culprits are the once who used him as their tools. And yet no punishments for them!
Old December 16, 2013, 12:17 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Still no excuses for what he did. He might be better than our politicians but is that saying much? And didn't our other players get approached? Did they do what Ash did? I'm honestly tired of hearing this "courage" he had to admit what he did. So where was this "courage" when the bookies came to him? He only admitted when his back was against the wall. That's not courage in my book. The guy knew what he was doing and yet he did it.

This guy was damn lucky to get all the matches that he did despite averaging a 22 and getting in ahead of more deserving players. Yet he had the audacity to fix in matches that we rooted for him so hard for.

Obviously it's a very sad and unfortunate thing that happened but we have moved on from him. We have far classier players than him. I honestly don't think about him much anymore since there are the likes of Tamim, Shakib, Mushy, Nasir and now Mominul who are much better. They might not look as "good" as him but hey they score a lot more consistently then he could ever dream of.
Old December 16, 2013, 12:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Rahul Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Still no excuses for what he did. He might be better than our politicians but is that saying much? And didn't our other players get approached? Did they do what Ash did? I'm honestly tired of hearing this "courage" he had to admit what he did. So where was this "courage" when the bookies came to him? He only admitted when his back was against the wall. That's not courage in my book. The guy knew what he was doing and yet he did it.

This guy was damn lucky to get all the matches that he did despite averaging a 22 and getting in ahead of more deserving players. Yet he had the audacity to fix in matches that we rooted for him so hard for.

Obviously it's a very sad and unfortunate thing that happened but we have moved on from him. We have far classier players than him. I honestly don't think about him much anymore since there are the likes of Tamim, Shakib, Mushy, Nasir and now Mominul who are much better. They might not look as "good" as him but hey they score a lot more consistently then he could ever dream of.
Thank You Tiger444
Old December 16, 2013, 02:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shk/Mus/Momi/Nas/Mas/Rub

Main thing is he was letting down the country deliverately by getting out, and alas we were thinking why he was geting brainfreeze all those years !! So, letting your country down deliverately all those times doesn't make you any hero just admitting later the sin when you are not any vital for the team.
Old December 16, 2013, 03:29 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

stop feeling sorry for ash, it's not like he admitted his guilt out of good conscious he only admitted when he got caught in hope for lesser punishment

and its not like ash only fixed matches when he was 16, he fixed matches in 2013 also, he is matured enough
Old December 16, 2013, 04:00 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

if the selectors did their job ash couldn't have fixed as many matches because he wouldn't have played as many as he did. he must have no pride in himself or his country because to average a lowly 22 and still have the audacity to fix matches is ridiculous he obviously wasn't scared to be dropped from the team otherwise he wouldn't do damage to his own record, it was already poor enough, it didn't need the help of purposefully poor showings. what's really sad is that if he hadn't fixed matches maybe he would have turned out to be BD's first true world class player, not by aesthetic vision but by performance, more importantly the team may have garnered more respect as if the team had a performing ash then it would have done much better.
Old December 16, 2013, 04:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tendo, Shakib, Gilchrist

Quote:

Well said. He did the right thing by confessing but that does not make him a "saint". He should have thought several times before committing to fixing, match/spot whatever. I don't really get why there were rally in some parts of Dhaka where the people kept chanting: "Ashraful-r ban komanor abedon janai" or something. First of all, he is seriously lucky that he got only a 3 year ban and imagine how someone like Amir who got a 5 year ban for committing fixing at a young age of 18, as opposed to Ash's 28. Ashraful's ban can only make it better for the future as the upcoming cricketers are well aware that if they get involved into fixing, and eventually caught- mercy is the last thing he will receive from BCB
Old December 16, 2013, 05:45 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Bangladesh

So, is it OFFICIAL that the Fool got only a 3 years ban? I'd have banned him for life. He was always a selfish git.
Old December 16, 2013, 05:48 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
So, is it OFFICIAL that the Fool got only a 3 years ban? I'd have banned him for life. He was always a selfish git.
The tribunal has just recently started. Nothing punitive has been announced yet but I agree - selfish git.
Old December 16, 2013, 06:16 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:

well said,

I don't miss him , but I just feel sorry thinking what a beautiful life he had before, now it's all past.
But it annoys me when some people(blind Ash fans) specially on FB says "bring back Ash", "We want him back" etc , as if he is Sachin
Old December 16, 2013, 06:23 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

MMW Ash is coming back. He is no longer hiding in his house.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=393301320801667