facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 16, 2005, 03:41 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by mr-khan
Quote:
Originally posted by Bangla amar Maa
we have to reasonably well in this tour and prepare for Srilanka tour for a series win in there .
lol.Sopno jokhon dekben tokhon chotokhato sopno dekhen ken!
Wild imagination ....

This is shopno at its best .... akto chotokhato boiki.

Old May 16, 2005, 04:09 PM
ODI Cricketer

I saw the highlights, Lewry was having a field day with them stumps at the end wasn't he. It was like a cocunut shy.

Anyway, shoddy performance from Bangladesh in swinging wickets, I did say your batsmen would struggle in swinging conditions, don't say I didn't tell you so.

If Lewis plays against you and I think you will have no chance against him and Hoggard personally.
Old May 16, 2005, 04:10 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Watched BD batting clips.......

my thoughts:

# Shahreer Nafees was dismissed in the ugliest style. Played across the line against a ball which pitched on middle stump!!!

# What was Nafees Iqbal thinking when he tried to "glide" the ball to thirdman? Wasn't there any slip in place?

# Ashraful and Aftab should've survived....but they couldn't. These balls didn't seem "unplayable"
Old May 16, 2005, 04:35 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

After the first two days against Sussex, we have basically had a glimpse of all our players except munir of course. i would think that the only position which is up for grabs now is the number 6 position between nafees and aftab. barring any injuries, i would want to see our likely test XI against northants. the bowlers have found it difficult to find the right line in these pitches and the batsmen have been found wanting against the swinging ball. so, our best players definately need some chance to acclimatize before the Lord's test. if we already decided on our starting XI for the test match why not give all of them more chance for much needed practice.nothing would boost the confidence of our players than some runs and wickets against good opposition.
right now i would pick aftab over nafees as aftab lends us an extra bowling option and i think he would come in pretty handy in these kinds of wickets.But if Nafees has a decent score in the 2nd innings against Sussex and aftab fails again, then nafees should get the nod.so,here's my team for the third match and for the Lord's test

Javed Omar
Nafis Iqbal
Habibul Bashar
Mohammed Ashraful
Rajin Saleh
Aftab Ahmed/Shahriar Nafees
Khaled Mashud
Mohammed Rafique
Mashrafee Mortuza
Tapash Baisya
Shahadat Hossain
Old May 16, 2005, 04:57 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: M'Dulla

I did'nt like the look of Nafees Ahmed, he did't look anything special, not balanced, his head falling over and all sorts....... Hoggy is going to expose that big time.

Shahadat: I saw him play againnst ENG U19 last year, he had a beautiful action( the commentators were saying it looks like macgrath)........i think he tinkered with it. Cause it looks a bit different now
Old May 16, 2005, 07:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Read Sham's 2nd day report. It's up.

>> Bangladeshis v Sussex: Second day report by Shameran Abed
Old May 17, 2005, 12:02 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

seeing the way our players played yesterday..
reminds me a old song..

"haire kopal mondo...chok thakite ohdho.."

looks like our BATSman wanted to fly way...

jotoi chapi chapi koro...kono luv hobe na...
bhujchen bhaiyera....

nafees iqbal or shah nafees..rajib or rajin...
mashud or murtaza...baisya or ashra(fool)

doesnt matter which way u try to put in or
or how many times u try to change it..

the result gonna be purana shei paikhana...

mate..the way our national team breaks my heart ..every time..if it was my girlfreind...i would have dumped her a long time ago...

arrrrrrrggghhhhhh...too bad ..cant do that with my country...

Old May 17, 2005, 12:17 AM
Street Cricketer

Some extreme examples of creativity are on the show now. We are writing poem, parody, satire; and all sorts of literary genius are coming out at this pseudo-painful time (its' only a practice match!!?). Carry on, with little more effort (and decency).
Old May 17, 2005, 03:16 AM
ODI Cricketer

Now I understand why Dav Whatmore wanted to leave us badly before this series started. He wanted to leave us with a success record of Zim series and probably was anticipating this would happen.
Old May 17, 2005, 03:37 AM

I think the problem was strategy, why and how to start first innings against a score 550+ and play for remaining 1.5 day.
Why : We all knew we are going to chase a 550+ runs, so our top priority should be try to avoid follow on first, and force the match to a draw for sure.
How : for that reason, we should have concentrate on keep wicket in hand with a slow start as a top priority, avoiding any kind of risk or loose shot, like Rajin and Mushfique played. If things goes ok then they can try to accelerate run rate for reasonable score.

But the way they played which seemed to me.......

Why : To score a reasonable first innings score against 550+!? or try to avoid follow on with quick score rate!? but wasn't aware much about backup plan in case of failure.
How : Dominate over bowlers and Keep a high run rate!? but again wasn't aware much about backup plan in case of failure.

So in my opinion, we had problems with our first innings strategy according to the match situation.

P.S. sorry I just pasted same comment on other thread too.

Edited on, May 17, 2005, 8:40 AM GMT, by PoorFan.
Old May 17, 2005, 03:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

>> # Shahreer Nafees was dismissed in the ugliest style. Played across the line against a ball which pitched on middle stump!!!

I think that was a bad decision. Ball would miss the off stamp.

As an opener N Iqbal should know how to play the ball he got out. He tried to play that through thirdman area instead of playing in V.

Though those are BD wickets I enjoyed(!) the walk of the wickets of Talha, Masri and Enam out. Looks like Brett Lee was bowling. Talha just played a cross batted shot. Masri missed the line and there seems some reverse sewing in the ball that Enam got out.