facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old November 5, 2013, 03:40 PM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 15,874

Need Urgent !!! Need Ungent !!! Please !!!!!!!!!!!


Do any one have BD stat (Win, Loss, Draw) by Format (Test, ODI, T20) under each coach and under each captain?

Just to be clear, I am not asking you to do my homework. I am rather asking to share your homework with me if you have already done the assigment before.
__________________
Stop that “chudurbudur”
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old November 5, 2013, 04:30 PM
MohammedC MohammedC is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: April 15, 2007
Location: Manchester,UK
Favorite Player: bhujee kom
Posts: 22,479

^^^ stats summery can be found using CI stats. Not sure about coach
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old November 6, 2013, 01:17 AM
Mohamad97 Mohamad97 is offline
Street Cricketer
 
Join Date: October 25, 2013
Posts: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
97 bhai

You need to understand that all of these wont happen in a blink of an eye. We need to be patient and hope for the best like everyone else here.

Let me remind you that in the early days NZ and India played very little cricket. You are asking us to bite more than we can chew.

Let us slowly start to arrange more series and eventually when we perform we will get better series.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
I was asking for more grounds and better facilities in this thread. Cox's Bazar is a wonderful place and a great stadium is needed there.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old November 6, 2013, 08:00 AM
MHRAM MHRAM is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 30, 2013
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey
Posts: 2,602

No

a great stadium is NOT needed there. Cox bazaar is a tourism spot and not a place where there will be quite a few locals who would go over to enjoy the match.

The first step should be to ensure that cities like Rajshahi, Sylhet have proper cricketing facilities. That is to ensure that the divisional level cricketers can benefit plus the locals will come over to watch the match and this will help raise in the interest level among locals.

Makes no sense.for the stadium to be built temporarily for the WT20. Add to that its the women's matches that will be held.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old November 6, 2013, 08:10 AM
Zunaid Zunaid is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: January 22, 2004
Posts: 21,739

Mhram makes a good point. For example, Rajshahi has a storied history in Bangladesh cricket. There is a large cricket educated fan following in the region. In the olden days - international tours used to visit its city to packed crowds. Another city that used to be a center of cricketing excellence (but is no longer so) is Mymensingh.

Read this fascinating article:
http://www.banglacricket.com/html/fe...e.php?item=400
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old November 6, 2013, 10:24 AM
mufi_02's Avatar
mufi_02 mufi_02 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 2, 2011
Location: NY
Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib
Posts: 4,660

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Mhram makes a good point. For example, Rajshahi has a storied history in Bangladesh cricket. There is a large cricket educated fan following in the region. In the olden days - international tours used to visit its city to packed crowds. Another city that used to be a center of cricketing excellence (but is no longer so) is Mymensingh.

Read this fascinating article:
http://www.banglacricket.com/html/fe...e.php?item=400
True. The stadium was in good condition in the 90s but started to crumble in the next decade. Now just cows roam there most of the time. But Riyad came through playing in Mymensingh circuit. He might be the last for a long time.
__________________
Bangladesh
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old November 6, 2013, 10:26 AM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,468

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
True. The stadium was in good condition in the 90s but started to crumble in the next decade. Now just cows roam there most of the time. But Riyad came through playing in Mymensingh circuit. He might be the last for a long time.
Mosaddek is from Mymensingh so definitely not the last person to come out of there. Shuvagata also is from there.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old November 6, 2013, 10:33 AM
mufi_02's Avatar
mufi_02 mufi_02 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 2, 2011
Location: NY
Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib
Posts: 4,660

^I didn't know about Mosaddek. Thanks for sharing.
__________________
Bangladesh
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old November 6, 2013, 10:42 AM
MHRAM MHRAM is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 30, 2013
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey
Posts: 2,602

I think it will be a golden time for us when there will be international cricket played regularly throughout the country and not just Dhaka

The 2nd test in Dhaka, 2 ODIs in Dhaka and so was the T20.

Man I am sick of this. Atleast for BPL matches there should be enough cricket played in places like sylhet, Rajshahi and Khulna. A few odd matches should go to Bogra and fatullah.

Our board needs to think about future gains rather than short term gain.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old November 6, 2013, 03:37 PM
Mohamad97 Mohamad97 is offline
Street Cricketer
 
Join Date: October 25, 2013
Posts: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
I think it will be a golden time for us when there will be international cricket played regularly throughout the country and not just Dhaka

The 2nd test in Dhaka, 2 ODIs in Dhaka and so was the T20.

Man I am sick of this. Atleast for BPL matches there should be enough cricket played in places like sylhet, Rajshahi and Khulna. A few odd matches should go to Bogra and fatullah.

Our board needs to think about future gains rather than short term gain.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Agreed we also need matches in Noakhali, Jessore, Comilla and Faridpur by upgrading those stadiums to international standard
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old November 6, 2013, 03:59 PM
Shubho Shubho is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 20, 2002
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,892

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohamad97
Agreed we also need matches in Noakhali, Jessore, Comilla and Faridpur by upgrading those stadiums to international standard
Yes! Screw Cox's Bazar. Antorjatik maner stadium chai Chandpur-e, Noakhali-te ar Commila-y!

And then, I want Comilla to be upgraded to a divison! Bye-bye, Chattogram.

Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old November 7, 2013, 12:11 AM
MHRAM MHRAM is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 30, 2013
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey
Posts: 2,602

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho
Yes! Screw Cox's Bazar. Antorjatik maner stadium chai Chandpur-e, Noakhali-te ar Commila-y!

And then, I want Comilla to be upgraded to a divison! Bye-bye, Chattogram.

Cccccccc

Chittagong is lucky ground for Bangladesh not to mention good facilities. Don't think I am biased because I live in CTG. Since I have family roots in comilla and noakhali

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old November 7, 2013, 09:51 AM
ahnaf's Avatar
ahnaf ahnaf is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: May 31, 2010
Location: Dhaka,BD
Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib
Posts: 3,417

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho
Yes! Screw Cox's Bazar. Antorjatik maner stadium chai Chandpur-e, Noakhali-te ar Commila-y!

And then, I want Comilla to be upgraded to a divison! Bye-bye, Chattogram.

we already have a stadium in Comilla,just need to improve it..
__________________
আমার অপার সীমানাতে তোমার চিহ্ন তবু রবে বেঁচে ...
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old November 9, 2013, 04:18 PM
Mohamad97 Mohamad97 is offline
Street Cricketer
 
Join Date: October 25, 2013
Posts: 47

Is there a stadium in Noakhali and Comilla. Are there any matches played there and what is the capacity.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old November 9, 2013, 09:55 PM
MHRAM MHRAM is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 30, 2013
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey
Posts: 2,602

The stadium in Comilla has a capacity around 10K but no one really plays there anymore. You can see school children playing in those areas.

One good thing about the stadium is that its located near the city centre I suppose so it wont be a bad idea. However, there is not a proper hotel and the streets are so pathetic that I dont think any professional cricket will want to visit it unless they have the scope to come over in a helicopter
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old November 13, 2013, 10:43 PM
imtiaz82 imtiaz82 is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 14, 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,744

Cox’s Bazar cricket stadium uncertain following BCB-tourism ministry dispute
Our Correspondent, Cox’s Bazar



The BCB plans to use the land to construct the permanent stadium, but the ministry is seeking to build a five-star hotel on the land to develop the area’s tourism industry

Construction of Sheikh Kamal International Cricket Stadium in Cox’s Bazar faces uncertainty because of land dispute
Photo- Dhaka Tribune
The construction of Sheikh Kamal International Cricket Stadium in Cox’s Bazar has become uncertain because of a land dispute between the tourism ministry and the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) over the possession of 32 hectares of land in the district.

The BCB plans to use the land to construct the permanent stadium, but the ministry is seeking to build a five-star hotel on the land to develop the area’s tourism industry.

Earlier, the BCB was temporarily allotted a plot of Bangladesh Parjatan Corporation to arrange matches of the 2014 ICC Women’s World Twenty20, which is scheduled to take place in the district from March 16 to April 6 next year.

But, officials now wanted to construct a permanent cricket stadium on the field, with construction on 22.26 hectares of land almost nearing its end.

However, the tourism ministry is seeking to approve a mega-project proposed by the Inter Asia Group Pte Ltd that includes the construction of a five star hotel, tourism resorts and an 18-hole international-standard golf course to tap into the area’s tourism potential.

Earlier on April 18, the BCB received the government’s permission to arrange matches of the women’s Twenty20 cricket tournament by building temporary establishments on Hotel Shaibal’s land, on condition of removing the structures at the end of the tournament at its own cost.

The same decision was taken in an inter-ministry meeting at the tourism ministry on July 11. It was also decided that the BCB or the youth and sports ministry could never claim the land as their own.

But, on April 19, a team led by BCB Chief Curator Mohammad Zahid Reza Babu allegedly grabbed possession of the land illegally and started constructing a permanent stadium with the seating capacity of 15,000 spectators.

Manager of Hotel Shaibal Mohammad Nurul Islam said: “The BCB was only given the land for holding the matches of Women’s World Twenty20 cricket tournament. They have to give the land back to the Bangladesh Parjatan Corporation.”

The development works of the mega-project would start soon after getting final approval from the government, he added.

However, Jasim Uddin, general secretary of Cox’s Bazar District Sports Organisation said: “The locals have been waiting seven to eight years for a stadium. They will protest if tourism ministry wants to withdraw the stadium.”

The stadium was named after Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina’s brother Sheikh Kamal.

Earlier on September 3, the premier inaugurated the stadium along with 36 other development projects from a rally in Ukhia upazila. If constructed, it will be the eighth cricket venue of the country.

- See more at: http://www.dhakatribune.com/banglade....wIDclUrl.dpuf
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old November 14, 2013, 12:54 AM
nynemesis's Avatar
nynemesis nynemesis is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: June 10, 2013
Favorite Player: taskin / anamul
Posts: 168

so much money has been invest already , if they remove the structure and make 5 star hotel in their LATER than ALL bd people should go TO protest FOR WASTING bd PEOPLE money lyk that
__________________
All time best 1#tamim 2#anamul 3#ashraful 4#musfiq 5#sakib 6#mahmudullah 7#nasir 8 #mashrafiie 9#razzak 10#alamin 11#taskin

Last edited by nynemesis; November 14, 2013 at 02:17 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old December 7, 2013, 10:50 PM
nchowdhury nchowdhury is offline
Banned for account abuse
 
Join Date: December 7, 2013
Posts: 3

Need more capacity bigger stadiums than 8,000 capacity
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old December 13, 2013, 02:52 AM
Mohamad97 Mohamad97 is offline
Street Cricketer
 
Join Date: October 25, 2013
Posts: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtiaz82
Cox’s Bazar cricket stadium uncertain following BCB-tourism ministry dispute
Our Correspondent, Cox’s Bazar



The BCB plans to use the land to construct the permanent stadium, but the ministry is seeking to build a five-star hotel on the land to develop the area’s tourism industry

Construction of Sheikh Kamal International Cricket Stadium in Cox’s Bazar faces uncertainty because of land dispute
Photo- Dhaka Tribune
The construction of Sheikh Kamal International Cricket Stadium in Cox’s Bazar has become uncertain because of a land dispute between the tourism ministry and the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) over the possession of 32 hectares of land in the district.

The BCB plans to use the land to construct the permanent stadium, but the ministry is seeking to build a five-star hotel on the land to develop the area’s tourism industry.

Earlier, the BCB was temporarily allotted a plot of Bangladesh Parjatan Corporation to arrange matches of the 2014 ICC Women’s World Twenty20, which is scheduled to take place in the district from March 16 to April 6 next year.

But, officials now wanted to construct a permanent cricket stadium on the field, with construction on 22.26 hectares of land almost nearing its end.

However, the tourism ministry is seeking to approve a mega-project proposed by the Inter Asia Group Pte Ltd that includes the construction of a five star hotel, tourism resorts and an 18-hole international-standard golf course to tap into the area’s tourism potential.

Earlier on April 18, the BCB received the government’s permission to arrange matches of the women’s Twenty20 cricket tournament by building temporary establishments on Hotel Shaibal’s land, on condition of removing the structures at the end of the tournament at its own cost.

The same decision was taken in an inter-ministry meeting at the tourism ministry on July 11. It was also decided that the BCB or the youth and sports ministry could never claim the land as their own.

But, on April 19, a team led by BCB Chief Curator Mohammad Zahid Reza Babu allegedly grabbed possession of the land illegally and started constructing a permanent stadium with the seating capacity of 15,000 spectators.

Manager of Hotel Shaibal Mohammad Nurul Islam said: “The BCB was only given the land for holding the matches of Women’s World Twenty20 cricket tournament. They have to give the land back to the Bangladesh Parjatan Corporation.”

The development works of the mega-project would start soon after getting final approval from the government, he added.

However, Jasim Uddin, general secretary of Cox’s Bazar District Sports Organisation said: “The locals have been waiting seven to eight years for a stadium. They will protest if tourism ministry wants to withdraw the stadium.”

The stadium was named after Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina’s brother Sheikh Kamal.

Earlier on September 3, the premier inaugurated the stadium along with 36 other development projects from a rally in Ukhia upazila. If constructed, it will be the eighth cricket venue of the country.

- See more at: http://www.dhakatribune.com/banglade....wIDclUrl.dpuf
Does anyone have an update on this
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old December 16, 2013, 03:39 AM
Mohamad97 Mohamad97 is offline
Street Cricketer
 
Join Date: October 25, 2013
Posts: 47

Please delete this thread
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old February 22, 2014, 04:14 PM
One World's Avatar
One World One World is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: May 18, 2005
Location: New England
Favorite Player: Charlie Chaplin
Posts: 16,948




Looks like TOP's wish has come true - don't you all love BC, where.....
__________________
Life is short, have a six pack.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old February 22, 2014, 06:00 PM
Navo's Avatar
Navo Navo is offline
Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: April 3, 2011
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan
Posts: 3,544

Mominul's potential home ground! Haha
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket