facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old January 2, 2014, 11:47 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Hi,

anymore ideas of what else to get from Bangladesh these days??
Shashni if u can sneak it in.

Old January 14, 2014, 09:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim

Hi,

I read that portable hard disks in BD come loaded with movies.

Any ideas of how much a 500gb hard disk will costs with HD movies?

Thanks in advance
Old January 14, 2014, 11:05 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks in advance
1TB nothing less. When are you leaving? Watch out for political situation. Have a safe journey. $70-$100 USD at bestbuy (my Passport).
Old January 14, 2014, 12:45 PM
Cricket Sage

[QUOTE=Tigers_eye;1745818]1TB nothing less. When are you leaving? Watch out for political situation. Have a safe journey. $70-$100 USD at bestbuy (my Passport).[/QUOTE]

I think he is talking about bringing "udarkar maal edhar", "not ethad ka maal udhar"

bestbuy doesn;t sell HD with loaded movies.
Old January 15, 2014, 08:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Hi thanks bros for the response...

It is more safer in Dhaka now than I had earlier envisaged.

I intend to buy a portable hard disk in BD InshahAllah.

my initial research, there is a shop in Elephant road who wants 6500 bdt for a 500 gb transend with movies loaded. Can anyone recommend if there is anything better or cheaper???

One technical question: I want to mainly use the hard disk for connecting with my tv....is there any difference in terms of compatibility if I get a 3.0 or a 2.0 USB???

Many thanks
Old January 30, 2014, 05:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Ok here is my take of bargains

- 500 GB external hard drive+HD movies
- Dry cleaning
- Tailoring
- Original John Lewis dishware
- Eating out
- Getting a razor blade shave
Old September 11, 2017, 09:02 AM
Cricket Legend

InshahAllah will be going back to the Motherland at the end of this year.

Wanted some advice from the community so I decided to revive this thread

- Reliable place to buy external memory with wide collection of movies/tvshows. Suggestions for brand and price.
- Where can I can get this BD jersey for UK large (which i guess is XXXL in BD)
">

- Apart from Aarong where can I get nice Punjabis
- I know BD doesnt cater to UK size 12 nagras when I last went. Does any place do made to measure
- Nice family oriented fast food joint suggestions. Mainly for the kids 6/7 year old with play area?
- Do they sell winter jackets like they used to in Bongo Bazzar?
Old September 12, 2017, 01:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Solomon Mire.

Quote:
Reliable place to buy external memory with wide collection of movies/tvshows. Suggestions for brand and price.

Does the external memory come preloaded with movies/tv shows. Reminds of a interesting Doco about Cuba.

https://youtu.be/fTTno8D-b2E
Old September 12, 2017, 03:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
Does the external memory come preloaded with movies/tv shows. Reminds of a interesting Doco about Cuba.

https://youtu.be/fTTno8D-b2E
If you want it loaded with mvoies/tv its an extra 500tk to 1000tk depending on quality SD/HD but this was 3/4 years back.

The local cable networks give u access to a hard drive with all the latest stuff but I dont trust that as it comes with loads of virus and gets corrupted easily. I usually get someone to download stuff onto a memory card to send to me, but had issues due to those I mentioned.

The Doco looks interesting.
Old September 12, 2017, 03:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
If you want it loaded with mvoies/tv its an extra 500tk to 1000tk depending on quality SD/HD but this was 3/4 years back.

The local cable networks give u access to a hard drive with all the latest stuff but I dont trust that as it comes with loads of virus and gets corrupted easily. I usually get someone to download stuff onto a memory card to send to me, but had issues due to those I mentioned.

The Doco looks interesting.
Can't you guys just use your internet at home and download what-ever you want from the pirate bay( not insinuating or supporting piracy here, just sayin). I mean the US has fibre optic internet, so downloading 100-200 movies will take you less than a day.

Bangladesh is good if your too lazy to download pirated games.
Old September 12, 2017, 04:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Can't you guys just use your internet at home and download what-ever you want from the pirate bay( not insinuating or supporting piracy here, just sayin). I mean the US has fibre optic internet, so downloading 100-200 movies will take you less than a day.

Bangladesh is good if your too lazy to download pirated games.
In the UK all torrents are blocked which is why I am trying to sort this out from BD. If it was possible I wouldnt have asked the question here
Old September 12, 2017, 04:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
In the UK all torrents are blocked which is why I am trying to sort this out from BD. If it was possible I wouldnt have asked the question here
VPN, proxy?! heck even TOR does the job.
Old September 12, 2017, 04:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
VPN, proxy?! heck even TOR does the job.
Not tech savy enough to use them...never heard of TOR before
Old September 12, 2017, 04:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Not tech savy enough to use them...never heard of TOR before
You don't need to be a computer scientist to use a VPN, as long as you know how to install and download stuff, you should be fine.

Read this:http://www.best-bittorrent-vpn.com/u...in-the-uk.html

If you can fork out 5 Dollars a month(top tier VPN), then you can torrent with relative ease.

VPN or Virtual Private Network, mimics an IP address of a different location to that of the host computer(computer your on), so basically, with a VPN you can trick the feds to think that you are downloading from a place like Czechoslovakia, were piracy rules are less strict, but in reality the VPN masks your IP allowing you to download from your current location. This is a simplified definition.

Good for torrenting

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/

IP vanish is also real good.
Old September 12, 2017, 04:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
You don't need to be a computer scientist to use a VPN, as long as you know how to install and download stuff, you should be fine.

Read this:http://www.best-bittorrent-vpn.com/u...in-the-uk.html

If you can fork out 5 Dollars a month(top tier VPN), then you can torrent with relative ease.

VPN or Virtual Private Network, mimics an IP address of a different location to that of the host computer(computer your on), so basically, with a VPN you can trick the feds to think that you are downloading from a place like Czechoslovakia, were piracy rules are less strict, but in reality the VPN masks your IP allowing you to download from your current location. This is a simplified definition.

Good for torrenting

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/

IP vanish is also real good.
Thanks for the info. That will be my second option. I still want to see if buying it from BD is possible.
Old September 12, 2017, 05:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Thanks for the info. That will be my second option. I still want to see if buying it from BD is possible.
Buying a HDD with all the latest Movies/tv shows. You Brits must be desperate. What happens when the episodes on HDD get old/new eps get released, do you just rewatch them.

1000 Taka= 15 Dollars in australia, I could have a nice Biryani with Naan and Butter chicken
Old September 12, 2017, 05:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Buying a HDD with all the latest Movies/tv shows. You Brits must be desperate. What happens when the episodes on HDD get old/new eps get released, do you just rewatch them.

1000 Taka= 15 Dollars in australia, I could have a nice Biryani with Naan and Butter chicken
I am more on getting the older stuff rather than newer. For new stuff I am sorted.

Kachi Biryani+Borhani in BD is priceless compared to any biryani out there outside BD. InshahAllah I will be indulging some this year InshahAllah
Old September 12, 2017, 09:22 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Mushy

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks in advance
They actually tend to put in some dodgy pr0nography stuff, I'd be very, very careful of doing such a thing, and would not recommend it at all as the stuff they give you could be illegal. If you do need to grab a hard disk, I would recommend you buy one from the UK, as it will be much cheaper and ask the store to fill it up with movies/ TV series. They will rip you off in Bangladesh if you show them you have no idea what you are doing, esp. if you identify yourself as British.

Better yet, get the movies from TPB yourself, use a VPN as DinRaat suggested. If not, you can still easily access TPB using proxies. However using TOR might not be the best idea for bittorrents.

Which also reminds me, they used to sell these DVDs titled "5 movies in 1" or "6 movies in 1", etc. Most of them were nasty camrips with distorted audio (with hard coded Chinese subtitles) or of 360p near unwatchable resolutions in order to cram everything within the DVD's storage. Yet, many blue moons ago when I lived in Bangladesh those felt normal... I spent a huge part of my childhood watching those with friends and family and really enjoying the films. I bet many Bangladeshis today would never have seen a Full HD video before.
Old September 12, 2017, 12:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon4567
They actually tend to put in some dodgy pr0nography stuff, I'd be very, very careful of doing such a thing, and would not recommend it at all as the stuff they give you could be illegal. If you do need to grab a hard disk, I would recommend you buy one from the UK, as it will be much cheaper and ask the store to fill it up with movies/ TV series. They will rip you off in Bangladesh if you show them you have no idea what you are doing, esp. if you identify yourself as British.

Better yet, get the movies from TPB yourself, use a VPN as DinRaat suggested. If not, you can still easily access TPB using proxies. However using TOR might not be the best idea for bittorrents.

Which also reminds me, they used to sell these DVDs titled "5 movies in 1" or "6 movies in 1", etc. Most of them were nasty camrips with distorted audio (with hard coded Chinese subtitles) or of 360p near unwatchable resolutions in order to cram everything within the DVD's storage. Yet, many blue moons ago when I lived in Bangladesh those felt normal... I spent a huge part of my childhood watching those with friends and family and really enjoying the films. I bet many Bangladeshis today would never have seen a Full HD video before.
Thanks for the advice. Apart from anti virus everything in Bangladesh isn't legit, applies to torrents to I guess 😁

But I know what you mean by the **** but not everyone does it. However I will ask the sellers.

This is the reason I was asking for suggestions for people who have bought hard disks from BD. And I know loads of people will want to get me something so I had this on my list.

In Bd we would always check the print before buying DVDs and avoid the multiple titles in one.

The CD era was really bad with quality.DVDs however were much better if you would wait a few months. VHS was even more primitive. But still many fond memories with such quality. Only original thing was Laser Discs and boy were they expensive and short lived. I think it was 10000 taka admin fee and 100 taka for rental.

I still remember the first LD I saw was Speed
Old September 12, 2017, 12:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Btw what's Tpb?
Old September 12, 2017, 12:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Kagisoooo & Saif

Quote:
Btw what's Tpb?
The Pirate Bay
Old September 12, 2017, 12:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
The Pirate Bay
Thanks. That's a definate no go in my books for people in UK
Old September 12, 2017, 07:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Thanks for the advice. Apart from anti virus everything in Bangladesh isn't legit, applies to torrents to I guess 😁

But I know what you mean by the **** but not everyone does it. However I will ask the sellers.

This is the reason I was asking for suggestions for people who have bought hard disks from BD. And I know loads of people will want to get me something so I had this on my list.

In Bd we would always check the print before buying DVDs and avoid the multiple titles in one.

The CD era was really bad with quality.DVDs however were much better if you would wait a few months. VHS was even more primitive. But still many fond memories with such quality. Only original thing was Laser Discs and boy were they expensive and short lived. I think it was 10000 taka admin fee and 100 taka for rental.

I still remember the first LD I saw was Speed
I rather get a warning for piracy then get jail time for being in possession of a HDD that contains Child you know what.
Old September 13, 2017, 03:52 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Mushy

Quote:
The Bangladeshi govt blocked these NSFW sites in Bangladesh (which was a stupid move from them IMHO, censorship is never good). DVDs and storage devices has always been a way of acquiring those adult films in BD because even pre-2010, before the smartphone era in BD internet access was largely limited. So your hard disk story reminded me of that, and hence I warned you.

Shouldn't be too much of a problem if its a big store in a big shopping mall they would not risk legal trouble. As long as you avoid footpath.

Whatever you do, be a master at the art of bargaining (if not take someone local with you), and do not tell them you are from the UK, otherwise they will rip you off.
Old September 13, 2017, 03:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon4567
The Bangladeshi govt blocked these NSFW sites in Bangladesh (which was a stupid move from them IMHO, censorship is never good). DVDs and storage devices has always been a way of acquiring those adult films in BD because even pre-2010, before the smartphone era in BD internet access was largely limited. So your hard disk story reminded me of that, and hence I warned you.

Shouldn't be too much of a problem if its a big store in a big shopping mall they would not risk legal trouble. As long as you avoid footpath.

Whatever you do, be a master at the art of bargaining (if not take someone local with you), and do not tell them you are from the UK, otherwise they will rip you off.
What do you mean, Bengali youth are very gullible, do you want them to buy penis enlargement pills from NSFW sites, it'll make them go bankrupt.