facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1426  
Old January 30, 2014, 01:59 PM
meazz1's Avatar
meazz1 meazz1 is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: June 15, 2007
Location: GA, USA
Posts: 1,358

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark mage
Exactly my point. I too found it absurd when our deaf captain found nothing wrong with the bowling. It's funny because we we took one single SL wicket in a whole day and he sees nothing wrong with our bowlers?
Something wrong with the keeping for sure.
Reply With Quote

  #1427  
Old January 30, 2014, 02:00 PM
MHRAM's Avatar
MHRAM MHRAM is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 30, 2013
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey
Posts: 7,345

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
okay. while its very tempting to feed the trolls but its not worth it and better to keep quiet and watch the team we whitewashed few months ago to whitewash India Now. Jai ho!!! Jai ho!!
Please leave it mate

2 wrongs don't make one right. India is losing away from home, unlike us who are getting beaten in the most important format in our own turf.
Reply With Quote
  #1428  
Old January 30, 2014, 02:04 PM
WarWolf WarWolf is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 3, 2007
Favorite Player: Love them all....
Posts: 13,706

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
Please leave it mate

2 wrongs don't make one right. India is losing away from home, unlike us who are getting beaten in the most important format in our own turf.
Why leaving it? India claims to be the coolest cricket team on the universe and acts like a cricket-nuke power. So they must match their so-called standard to avoid criticism. They are playing test cricket for more than 60 years. So it's not fair if you judge these two teams on the same scale.

Don't you think that you are being too much critical for BD team?
__________________
And Allah Knows the best
Reply With Quote
  #1429  
Old January 30, 2014, 02:11 PM
Shehwar's Avatar
Shehwar Shehwar is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 5, 2004
Location: England
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 6,450

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Good post Shehwar.
Thanks buddy. It just gets really frustrating at times. We just need more cricket!
Reply With Quote
  #1430  
Old January 30, 2014, 02:14 PM
MHRAM's Avatar
MHRAM MHRAM is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 30, 2013
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey
Posts: 7,345

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Why leaving it? India claims to be the coolest cricket team on the universe and acts like a cricket-nuke power. So they must match their so-called standard to avoid criticism. They are playing test cricket for more than 60 years. So it's not fair if you judge these two teams on the same scale.

Don't you think that you are being too much critical for BD team?
I have my reasons for being critical of Bangladesh. I watch almost every single match Bangladesh plays, and in the process making minor sacrifices. Skipping classes, hangouts, sleep just to see the boys play. I always do my best when it comes to following/supporting the team, but when I see the boys not giving their 100% it makes me angry. If our players were to fail because of their ineptness, I would have taken this lightly. Its the manner of our loss that really hurts me. You can't ask me to be patient when Tamim acts as if he is the best batsman in the world, but plays without brain, our bowlers not bowling according to the field, no. 10 batsman thinking he can shiled a no. 11 batsman, or our captain defending our bowling when we let them score 700+ with the fall of only 6 wickets(which included a nightwatchmen)

About criticizing India. I never liked India for myself, and if possible I would have insulted India when the situation comes. But at this point of time, given our team's performance-the joke is on us. To me the best moment to insult India and "cool-ness" is when WE WILL BEAT INDIA IN A TEST MATCH.
Reply With Quote
  #1431  
Old January 30, 2014, 02:20 PM
WarWolf WarWolf is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 3, 2007
Favorite Player: Love them all....
Posts: 13,706

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
I have my reasons for being critical of Bangladesh. I watch almost every single match Bangladesh plays, and in the process making minor sacrifices. Skipping classes, hangouts, sleep just to see the boys play. I always do my best when it comes to following/supporting the team, but when I see the boys not giving their 100% it makes me angry. If our players were to fail because of their ineptness, I would have taken this lightly. Its the manner of our loss that really hurts me. You can't ask me to be patient when Tamim acts as if he is the best batsman in the world, but plays without brain, our bowlers not bowling according to the field, no. 10 batsman thinking he can shiled a no. 11 batsman, or our captain defending our bowling when we let them score 700+ with the fall of only 6 wickets(which included a nightwatchmen)

About criticizing India. I never liked India for myself, and if possible I would have insulted India when the situation comes. But at this point of time, given our team's performance-the joke is on us. To me the best moment to insult India and "cool-ness" is when WE WILL BEAT INDIA IN A TEST MATCH.
Take it easy mate. Almost everybody in BC sacrifices a lot to follow and support the team. If you ask me then I would say we, not the players, are the best thing that Bangladesh cricket ever got!

I know it's really tough to hold the nerve. But believe me we are almost coming of the ages. Now need to keep the nerve. Mushy and co. eventually will not dishearten us.

Cheers.
__________________
And Allah Knows the best
Reply With Quote
  #1432  
Old January 30, 2014, 02:21 PM
mufi_02's Avatar
mufi_02 mufi_02 is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team
 
Join Date: August 2, 2011
Location: NY
Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib
Posts: 7,019

Quote:
Originally Posted by googo
For God's sake,I didn't criticize you people. I expect this team to get their act together and put up a fight. If they want to play the big boys they got to learn to play like big boys. And learn to take some criticism. There's no need to get personal.
I don't think anyone said anything personal. Ques is how do you define big boys? If IND is a big boy then why do they suck so bad outside home and now getting thrashed by NZ whom we whitewashed not once but twice recently [please note I am not saying BD is a big boy].

We are fine with criticisms. Ok here, I will admit that we played disgusting cricket in the 1st test. But it is you with your 20+ posts AND all were full of criticisms [1 post even said rafiq crying under bed]. Yes I know we are a below par team but also have achieved some things in the past few years. If you criticise then also applaud on some successes as well. Otherwise one sounds like a sore complainer. Now we don't want that, do we?
__________________
Bangladesh
Reply With Quote
  #1433  
Old January 30, 2014, 02:30 PM
SMHasan's Avatar
SMHasan SMHasan is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 20, 2005
Location: Dhaka
Posts: 3,061

As a whole umpiring has been pretty poor. Always we have to fight a 13/14 man squad, not usual 11 man team. Incompetency at it's best.

I guess these umpires are getting old, ICC needs to notice these. Thukku, BCCI needs to notice these.
__________________

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Reply With Quote
  #1434  
Old January 30, 2014, 02:37 PM
Shehwar's Avatar
Shehwar Shehwar is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 5, 2004
Location: England
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 6,450

Just realised Al Amin played 4 international innings in total (3 test + 1 T20s) and is yet to be dismissed! Our next Ashraful?
Reply With Quote
  #1435  
Old January 30, 2014, 03:31 PM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Kagisoooo & Saif
Posts: 18,316

No excuses, I lost sleep watching Mahela and company piling on the runs on day 3, hoping that ANgelo would make a declaration when the lead was just over 200, and when the declaration came, and we had our times to bat, we were not playing test cricket (reminiscent of times when Bangladesh team was a house of cards back in early 2000s.) they really needed to apply themselves when batting. The only person who looked like he wanted to be at the crease was Marshal Ayub. He IS the smartest player in the team. (This analysis of mine came when he was bowling.) He is the coolest guy on that team. Final thought is the umpiring, most of the decisions went in favor of the Sri Lankan (This is the furthest I'll go regarding umpiring). Keep your heads up guys, win some lose some (OR DRAW some)
__________________
"Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love." - Rumi
Reply With Quote
  #1436  
Old January 30, 2014, 03:49 PM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 17,600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shehwar
Just realised Al Amin played 4 international innings in total (3 test + 1 T20s) and is yet to be dismissed! Our next Ashraful?
Actually he is not bad based on whatver we have seen bits abd peices of hois batting. He should have bat before Robiul and Rubel. Definetely before Rubel.
__________________
"Make Bangladesh Cricket Great Again"
Reply With Quote
  #1437  
Old January 30, 2014, 11:08 PM
MHRAM's Avatar
MHRAM MHRAM is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 30, 2013
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey
Posts: 7,345

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Take it easy mate. Almost everybody in BC sacrifices a lot to follow and support the team. If you ask me then I would say we, not the players, are the best thing that Bangladesh cricket ever got!

I know it's really tough to hold the nerve. But believe me we are almost coming of the ages. Now need to keep the nerve. Mushy and co. eventually will not dishearten us.

Cheers.
I hope for the best

But if we are to hope for the best our boys need to man up a bit and play with sense
Reply With Quote
  #1438  
Old January 30, 2014, 11:31 PM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Kagisoooo & Saif
Posts: 18,316

Al amin looks like a good young lad. Always has a smile on his face. In.my estimation the best best of the three fast bowlers used in the match (barring that Steven Finn moment)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:46 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket