facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old November 9, 2013, 02:09 PM
rahman94's Avatar
rahman94 rahman94 is offline
Street Cricketer
 
Join Date: November 9, 2013
Location: Dhaka
Posts: 3
Default Is it too late to become a pro cricketer?

Hi guys,I am new to this site. I am really sorry if I posted in the wrong section. I recently have visited a cricket stadium and went crazy after seeing the atmosphere. I was thinking of start playing cricket again in order to achieve my dream of becoming a pro cricketer.
I started playing cricket at the age of 5 and was in cricket academies. All my coaches always praised me and said you are the future, things like that which boosted my confidence a lot. Then at the age of 12 i moved from bangladesh to new zealand for family reasons. I stayed at NZ for two years where I joined cricket academies and returned to bangladesh. But after the age of 14 i quit cricket due to studies. Now i am 19 and wanna get back at cricket and start practicing every single day, work very hard. But do you think i can make it to the top level? I am moving to new zealand next year, start playing again. But i am very overweight now standing on 120kg 5.8 inch height .
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old November 9, 2013, 09:03 PM
Maysun's Avatar
Maysun Maysun is offline
MLC World Series I
 
Join Date: April 11, 2011
Location: Dhaka
Posts: 5,892

The mere fact that you are asking us, tells us that you doubt yourself! You just want us to say "Yes", so it'll please you and make you a little happier inside.

If you're honestly determined, anything can be achievable!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old November 10, 2013, 02:43 AM
NoName's Avatar
NoName NoName is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 9, 2011
Location: Sauga
Posts: 2,837

You're only 19 and weigh +250lbs?
__________________
"Life is a dream from which we all must wake."
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old November 10, 2013, 02:53 PM
rahman94's Avatar
rahman94 rahman94 is offline
Street Cricketer
 
Join Date: November 9, 2013
Location: Dhaka
Posts: 3

Maysun- bro not at all. Yes I am honestly determined and can do it. I just want to be a professional cricketer, no matter what the fact that i have to face a lot of difficult times ahead. But i just need more inspiration and encouragement )
NoName- Sadly yes I am trying to work on it.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old November 10, 2013, 07:53 PM
NoName's Avatar
NoName NoName is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 9, 2011
Location: Sauga
Posts: 2,837

Do tons and tons of cardio!
__________________
"Life is a dream from which we all must wake."
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old November 11, 2013, 05:07 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 8,497

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahman94
Maysun- bro not at all. Yes I am honestly determined and can do it. I just want to be a professional cricketer, no matter what the fact that i have to face a lot of difficult times ahead. But i just need more inspiration and encouragement )
NoName- Sadly yes I am trying to work on it.
you want inspiration, look up dirk nannes.
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Procter 9 Miller 10 Marshall 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old November 11, 2013, 11:02 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Posts: 25,576

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahman94
Hi guys,I am new to this site. I am really sorry if I posted in the wrong section. I recently have visited a cricket stadium and went crazy after seeing the atmosphere. I was thinking of start playing cricket again in order to achieve my dream of becoming a pro cricketer.
I started playing cricket at the age of 5 and was in cricket academies. All my coaches always praised me and said you are the future, things like that which boosted my confidence a lot. Then at the age of 12 i moved from bangladesh to new zealand for family reasons. I stayed at NZ for two years where I joined cricket academies and returned to bangladesh. But after the age of 14 i quit cricket due to studies. Now i am 19 and wanna get back at cricket and start practicing every single day, work very hard. But do you think i can make it to the top level? I am moving to new zealand next year, start playing again. But i am very overweight now standing on 120kg 5.8 inch height .
Bro can I give you an advice?

Finish your studies. Cricket khelar shomoy onek ashbe, kintu ei shomoyta deliket....porar shomoyta hariye gele aar pabe na...poro! poro! beshi kore poro!
__________________
Life got me meditating like I'm in the Himalayas
Keep it G with the L lit on me like the elevator
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old November 18, 2013, 01:05 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 25,141

What is your height? That is an important statistics for me to say "yes" or "no".
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Ghandi.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old November 18, 2013, 02:03 AM
BD_TigerZ's Avatar
BD_TigerZ BD_TigerZ is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: July 26, 2012
Location: Arkham Asylum
Favorite Player: Mushfiqur and ABD
Posts: 4,304

Bro Im 17 and play A grade as an opener, i started from 10D's as a number 9 batsmen.. abitions ddrove me to where i am today, hopefuly into national colors later. Bro i quit cricket last season out of laziness but now im leading runs scorer for my club. Its tough. Studies & Ambitions. But if you have drive and motivation u can become inshallah. Im rather lazy. Coaches and parents have praised me aswell but my parents are rather strict and wouldnt want me spending all my time training and hitting the gym restricting my full potential atm. In simple yes you can. Train hard. Hope i can finally resolve bds long term issue of TI's partner :P
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old November 19, 2013, 01:22 AM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Location: Bangkok
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 6,841

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
What is your height? That is an important statistics for me to say "yes" or "no".
5 feet 8 " as stated in the opening post.

@ Rahman94
Even before the skills part, your first serious challenge is your weight. With that kind of BMI index you are likely to struggle with most sports. If you want it badly then get your weight under control and get into a physical shape that resembles current cricketers in the national setup. After that you can re-evaluate your chances
__________________
Char Chokka Hoi Hoi... Orange Juice Pamu Koi?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old November 22, 2013, 06:35 PM
tonoy's Avatar
tonoy tonoy is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: February 25, 2007
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 7,615

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
5 feet 8 " as stated in the opening post.

@ Rahman94
Even before the skills part, your first serious challenge is your weight. With that kind of BMI index you are likely to struggle with most sports. If you want it badly then get your weight under control and get into a physical shape that resembles current cricketers in the national setup. After that you can re-evaluate your chances


What up Bruh? Why you hatin naw?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old November 23, 2013, 01:37 AM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Posts: 25,576

LOL...that was actually quite funny.
__________________
Life got me meditating like I'm in the Himalayas
Keep it G with the L lit on me like the elevator
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old December 8, 2013, 08:50 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 8,497

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy


What up Bruh? Why you hatin naw?
that dwayne was an alright SLA, i remember tuning into bermuda matches just to watch this guy play!
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Procter 9 Miller 10 Marshall 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old February 6, 2014, 10:37 AM
koushik koushik is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 4, 2013
Location: india
Favorite Player: rahul dravid
Posts: 1,608

You should check this man.made debut at the age of 41
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pravin_Tambe

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket