facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Should Mushfiqur be stripped of captaincy?
Yes 58 41.43%
No 69 49.29%
Don't know 13 9.29%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 7, 2014, 08:46 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
he needs a vice captain... A permanent one who can assist him. The ODI series and the Asia Cup, he didnt have a proper vice captain and I feel like its part of the reason why his captaincy has gone down. His captaincy was easily better just a few months ago against the Kiwis.

I feel like there is no one to stop him on field from taking a wrong decision, no second opinion. One could argue that the senior players can assist him but when someone has the vice captain tag next to them, it gives them more authority. I saw Shakib doing well with Mash as they were discussing a lot of things. When Mushy is captain, i dont see that very often.

I know people are gonna yell at me for this but i feel like, the Mushy-Riyad duo worked well. they have a good relationship and i feel like when Riyad was around, Mushy made less errors... (results show it anyways)

It would have been great if Mushy and Shakib worked together.... Both are natural leaders and by working together, they cancel out each others weakness. But sadly it doesnt happen. Shakib, I believe does not want to assist.
Does Riyad have a good cricketing brain? Maybe.

How about making Nasir the VC? But, before that, there should be a stern meeting with him to warn about the recent slacking off.
Old March 7, 2014, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
I guess I have seen the worst ever now. And I thought haba or ash was the worst. We have no chance as long as he remains as the captain. He will bring the defeat from the jaws of victory. He needs to see the videotape of matches and listens to what commentators were saying about his terrible captaincy throughout the matches. Honestly we are better off even with mominul being the captain. Like someone says even 13 or 14 year old has more cricket acumen than him.

I don't think there is anyone left who can do worse than him. We are 20 times better without having any captain at all. I would blame Shane first to let all this fiasco happen to begin with.
The buck should not stop at Shane.
Old March 7, 2014, 12:39 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

I have a feeling that mushi takes tips from Haba hence this defensive mind set. please please consult with mash and shakib. One thing shakib was great at that he would try every thing not like pre determined what he will do. but mushi comes to the field with 5/6 bowlers name written in his pocket and only sticks with that. I think may be BCB aka haba said if you go off the script we will sack you or something... or else i can't find any other explanation of doing this... one day he will bowl munimul 10 and not a single over from zea and next he will do the other. I Also think he was trying to set zea up for 10 bad overs and then say "see what i said about him" but it back fired... he is playing for ego not the country... some body needs to seat with him and give him a ear full.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Old March 7, 2014, 04:24 PM

If anyone can find a suitable replacement, Mushfiqur should be history. On top of everything, he has been great in ruining bowlers by bowling them until they broke down.
Old March 20, 2014, 01:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

What an idiot!!!

From post match presentation...
Quote:
Mushfiqur Rahim: "It is a positive that we qualified for the Super 10s. Probably, we didn't read the wicket very well, we thought it was a 140 wicket. Rubel Hossain is not doing good, let's see how he is tomorrow."
Old March 20, 2014, 01:02 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

What if Musharraf is deliberately playing his weakest pawn forth? I mean he obviously don't wanna use Shakib and go with bolods like Feza.
Old March 20, 2014, 01:26 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
What if Musharraf is deliberately playing his weakest pawn forth? I mean he obviously don't wanna use Shakib and go with bolods like Feza.
Musharraf?
Old March 20, 2014, 01:43 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Ore lengta kore rastai dance korano uchit
Old March 20, 2014, 02:05 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Musharraf?
He has been away from BC for a while.
Old March 20, 2014, 02:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
He has been away from BC for a while.
I thought due to today's loss, Zee lost his mind.
Old March 20, 2014, 03:51 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib al hasan

match seshe o bole t20 te jekono kichu hoite pare...oi shala, sob kichu ki amader sathey hoya lage?? shala bhodai...captaincy saro tumi shala..
Old March 20, 2014, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
I thought due to today's loss, Zee lost his mind.
He is not alone. I did, too.
Old March 20, 2014, 03:55 PM

The only time Mushfiqur makes sorta correct decision when situation is dire. Then he relaxes.

Once the 8th wicket fell, he should have kept up pressure. We were not going to win by restricting HK at that point. He cannot make these simple logical deductions.
Old March 20, 2014, 08:23 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Apparently most of you are uninitiated with autocorrect!
Old March 20, 2014, 08:34 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Bangladesh in 50 years

Is today's loss what Shakib was referring to when he said "dont' have too much expectations"?
Old March 21, 2014, 05:58 AM
Club Cricketer

Sacking xyz wont change anything in the long run although it could be a start but if the players themselves show such loser-ish attitude then the sacking wont do no difference.

In yesterdays match i saw Shakib laughing whilst they where getting their butt kicked by Hong Kong, when the "Bangladesh has qualified for the super 10" showed up on the screen.
Old March 21, 2014, 06:08 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Seriously, is there any doubt? Still? Why? Is it OK to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory over and over again due to suicidal field setting, bowler management, nepotism and publicly throwing others under the bus while neither understanding nor criticizing his own fatal errors? You may find him cute and want to do to him what spring does to cherry blossoms but losing winnable games due to his obvious shortcomings as captain on all departments is akin to sedition. He's our best batsman IMO but the worst, most clueless captain in history. His idiocy makes both HaBa and Motin's look desirable.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old March 21, 2014, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
Seriously, is there any doubt? Still? Why? Is it OK to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory over and over again due to suicidal field setting, bowler management, nepotism and publicly throwing others under the bus while neither understanding nor criticizing his own fatal errors? You may find him cute and want to do to him what spring does to cherry blossoms but losing winnable games due to his obvious shortcomings as captain on all departments is akin to sedition. He's our best batsman IMO but the worst, most clueless captain in history. His idiocy makes both HaBa and Motin's look desirable.
But, what is the solution?
Old March 21, 2014, 08:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Mushfiq is rubbish as a captain...there is no debate in that.

I think Mushfiq shouldnt be T20 captain. He could be in it for Tests though or maybe even ODI.
Old March 21, 2014, 08:17 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
But, what is the solution?
The solution is Shakib. Only he is worthy enough to lead our side. Mushy is not the answer. He is a cry baby. 2 matches gone to Associates within a month. That is just too hard to endure.

Also hate Mushy's nepotism and the way he has treated players like Zia, Sunny, Shabbir and Mominul. He loves Shafiul..that tells about his mindset.

We need an attacking captain and free from all the favoritism. Bring back Shakib please.
Old March 21, 2014, 07:06 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

The solution is simple.....we kill the batsman.
Old March 21, 2014, 07:16 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

He shouldn't be captain but what affect would stripping him of captaincy have? He's become much more consistent as captain, I suspect it fuels him and gives him more motivation.
Old March 21, 2014, 07:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Quote:
Couldn't have said it any better....sigh! So many smart people in the country and we end up with him as the captain. Like coach, like captain.
Old March 21, 2014, 07:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
The solution is Shakib. Only he is worthy enough to lead our side.
Also hate Mushy's nepotism and the way he has treated players like Zia, Sunny, Shabbir and Mominul. We need an attacking captain and free from all the favoritism. Bring back Shakib please.
Exactly. Cant wait for BCB to get this through their head and fix this fatal mistake. Just by using simple common sense we could have avoided 2 fatal loss to the associates.
Old March 21, 2014, 09:23 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
This. There's no need for me to repeat anything. And I take back what I'd said about him being a good captain off the field. Because he's not that either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Mushfiq is rubbish as a captain...there is no debate in that.

I think Mushfiq shouldnt be T20 captain. He could be in it for Tests though or maybe even ODI.
You must have missed the latest SL series and Asia Cup.