facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old April 30, 2014, 10:15 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Thats why philly scares me to death. Their forwards are so good. Young, tough and skilled. Simmonds is hard to move in the crease. Generally, I would say the pressure is more on home team to win Game 7, but given Flyers horrible record at MSG, I would give the nod ( slightly ) to Rangers. I also do not see Lundqvist getting outplayed by Mason on back to back nights. Just read that Lundqvist and Rangers are 0-13 in games when they had a lead in the series and a chance to close it out ! Shocking. This is since '09. BTW, there is a video out there from last night with a massive brawl in Flyers-Rangers game in the upper bowls of Wells Fargo Center. I am so shocked that Philly fans would do this !

I think Kings will oust Sharks. But, who knows. Same thing with Minny-Col. Who knows? But, what a night for hockey fans. Three game 7's !

Good analogy of BJ's and Sabres of late 90's. But, that Sabres team perhaps had more skill. I think BJ"s missed Horton in the series. But, yes, they are here and should be better next year. I am impressed by their work ethic and physical nature.
Old April 30, 2014, 09:00 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

The first of three game 7s end with the Rangers surviving a massive effort from Philly. Their ability to stay in the opposition's zone during desperate moments in pretty impressive. Not a lot of ENGs scored on them, I suspect. Intense series coming up between Beamer and Cricman.

The Avs have taken an early lead against Minny. Lots of personal connections there for me. My ex father-in-law is a Colorado native, and ex mother-in-law is a native of Minny. Tense times at the Blakeley and Eklund households tonight. What a difference Duchene has made already.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old April 30, 2014, 09:02 PM
Cricket Savant

Mikko Koivu scores! Tied at 1 early in the first.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old April 30, 2014, 09:04 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Much Respect to Steve Mason, played a heck of a game ... Game shouldn't have been close he kept it close. Flyers can be so good, when they don't play soft. They're Physical, Fast and have so much skill too. ... They finished with 95 odd pts and started the year 0-7 .

If there was a year a to beat Pittsburgh this would be it.
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!
Old April 30, 2014, 09:18 PM
Cricket Savant

Beating the Rangers at Fort MSG would be tough, especially with AV's solid system in front of Lundqvist. I think this will be a tight homer series. The first team that manages to win on the road will probably take the series. A toss-up.

Bruins and Habs will be another great series from the looks of it. Maybe the Habs will do what we couldn't and beat Boston with their speed. Heart's with the Habs.
Old April 30, 2014, 11:39 PM
Cricket Savant

Minny battles hard to win the series in OT in Denver. Textbook example of how persistence pays off. Meanwhile in Cali, Quick is about to steal the series after a terrible start. What resilience!

St. Joe and St. Lou may never win the Cup, ever. Just one of those things.
Old May 1, 2014, 12:09 AM
Cricket Savant

Round 2 is set. Other than Minny, each team in the CSF has won the Cup since the 90s, no less than five of them in this century. The Pens, Bruins, Ducks and Kings are going for their second in the post-2K NHL, and the Blackhawks Dynasty their third. Here are my predictions: -

ECSF:-

1. Pens-Rangers: Pens in 7, mostly heart.

2. Bruins-Habs: Habs in 7, mostly heart.

WCSF:-

1. Blackhawks-Minny: Blackhawks in 6 max, heart and mind.

2. Kings-Ducks: Kings in 7, heart and mind, thanks to Jonathan Quick and Drew Doughty.
Old May 1, 2014, 08:36 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
Much Respect to Steve Mason, played a heck of a game ... Game shouldn't have been close he kept it close. Flyers can be so good, when they don't play soft. They're Physical, Fast and have so much skill too. ... They finished with 95 odd pts and started the year 0-7 .

If there was a year a to beat Pittsburgh this would be it.
You are probably right. This is by far the worst Pens team in six years or so ( minus - 2011 when we were without Sid and Geno, that don't count ). Nothing tells me that Pens are better at anything than this Rangers team. So so PP, OK PK, and ok on 5-5. I really like the Rangers third line of Pouliot-Zuccarello- and is it Brassard? Good line.

Mason played a heck of a series. Only if Emery didn't play the first few games instead of him. Flyers are a heck of a scary team. And, after that start Berube did a fantastic job. But, I am not crying over their misery. No cups till '75 and counting..
Old May 1, 2014, 08:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
The first of three game 7s end with the Rangers surviving a massive effort from Philly. Their ability to stay in the opposition's zone during desperate moments in pretty impressive. Not a lot of ENGs scored on them, I suspect. Intense series coming up between Beamer and Cricman.

The Avs have taken an early lead against Minny. Lots of personal connections there for me. My ex father-in-law is a Colorado native, and ex mother-in-law is a native of Minny. Tense times at the Blakeley and Eklund households tonight. What a difference Duchene has made already.
There won't be any intensity from me ! those days are long over. Fatherhood makes you mellow !! ha ha...Doesn't mean I don't love my team the same way. Of course I want us to win. But, if we lose, that means they outplayed us and Disco will be fired !!
Old May 1, 2014, 08:45 AM
Cricket Guru

Sharks are the Tony Romo of hockey. Biggest Chokers ever. I knew they will blow it after it became 3-2. Man, what a player Anze Kopitar is ! That is only one player in league I would trade Malkin for. Love his two way game. Kings-Ducks should be a dandy. And, I had a feeling about Minny. They upgraded a lot in trade deadline. Have a good system. Have great players. Mike Yeo is solid coach. Also, they were robbed of a win the other game with that off side and EN goal. So, in a way justice was served. They will give Hawks a hard time, but thats about it.
Old May 1, 2014, 09:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
I guess I will do a prediction too so we can look back two months from now ::

Pens-CBJ : Pens- says my head and heart !
Wings-B's : Wings says my heart, but head says B's. So it is B's.
Rangers-Filthy : Tough one. Heart says Rangers but I am picking the Flyers.
Tampa-Habs : Habs ( Bishop is iffy )

Ducks-Stars : Stars defense is avg and first time in playoffs in a while. Ducks.
Sharks-LA : Tough one. Picking LA to squeeze it in.
Blues-Hawks : Can Blues score enough? Miller hasn't been good. Hawks.
Avs-Wild : Upset alert with Wild. Avs are a great young team that will be great next year.

Pens ( Y ), Bruins ( Y ), Flyers ( N ), Habs ( Y )
Ducks ( Y ), Kings ( Y ), Hawks ( Y ), Wild ( Y )

Almost a perfect bracket ! I did have Rangers winning Game 7 at home. Does it count ?
Old May 1, 2014, 09:54 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Looking at the Schedule, makes Game 1 tomorrow a Must Win.

Brutal considering we just played a back to Back

Game 1
Friday, May 2
7 p.m.
NY at Pittsburgh

Game 2
Sunday, May 4
7:30 p.m.
NY at Pittsburgh

Game 3
Monday, May 5
Pittsburgh at NY

Game 4
Wednesday, May 7
Pittsburgh at NY

x-Game 5
Friday, May 9
TBD
NY at Pittsburgh

x-Game 6
Sunday, May 11
TBD
Pittsburgh at NY

x-Game 7
Tuesday, May 13
TBD
NY at Pittsburgh
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!
Old May 1, 2014, 10:39 AM
Cricket Guru

Scheduling is difficult in spring time. I heard MSG is booked mid week for concerts. CEC is booked Sat for commencement. Then Sunday the Pittsburgh marathon is on, so all roads in and around CEC are blocked in day time, hence the night game. Ideal for Rangers would have been a Sat start, but CEC is booked as I said. Is the NFL draft on Thursday? NHL would hate to go head to head vs NFL draft...Anyway...
Old May 1, 2014, 01:32 PM
Cricket Savant

Tort just got fired in Vancouver. Now they need to fire that retarded GM but won't.
Old May 1, 2014, 08:16 PM
Cricket Savant

2-0 Habs after 2 with Price very much in the zone. MT's an outstanding coach. He's getting his players to use their speed to stretch and distort the Bruins' tight structure and when not with the puck, with intense puck pursuit and 3-zone checking, outnumbering their players on the puck whenever clusters form along the boards. I also love the way they wait until the last possible moment to position themselves in the middle of the ice whenever battling along the boards in the Boston zone.

Let's go Habs!
Old May 1, 2014, 10:08 PM
Cricket Savant

3-3 at the end of the first OT. What a game of hockey! Incredible comeback from the Bruins in the third. Julien's ability to readjust is pretty impressive. Price is keeping the Habs in it with 47 saves already. Can he steal one in Bean Town?
Old May 1, 2014, 10:29 PM
Cricket Savant

PK's second PPG wins it for the Habs! What an epic game from Price.
Old May 2, 2014, 05:12 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
Sharks are the Tony Romo of hockey. Biggest Chokers ever. I knew they will blow it after it became 3-2. Man, what a player Anze Kopitar is ! That is only one player in league I would trade Malkin for. Love his two way game. ...
Kopitar's one of the best 2-way guys in the league but no way I'd trade Malkin for him. The combination of Malkin's speed and offensive skillset is on another level IMO.

The Sharks are chokers for sure, but the biggest ever? That crowning achievement permanently belongs to the gods of Asgard, often too intimidated by the crackhead expectations of their own bitter and douchey media and fanbase. Mean and arrogant headcases tend to be their own worst enemies, always. At least the Sharks make it to the playoffs on a regular basis, often making it all the way to the conference finals before gassing their advantage away. Not so with the team from the "center of the hockey universe", who start $hitting themselves with just about about a month left before the playoffs. The hilarious movie we've seen this year is probably the 23rd sequel.

Also, nobody and I mean *NOBODY* can match the statistical anomalies associated with Asgard's karmic and spectacular failures since 1967. It is humanly impossible to do what they did during game 7 of one of their *RARE* playoff appearances against the Bruins last year! Only the gods from Asgard could blow a 4-1 lead with 10 minutes left in the third before losing 4-5 in OT, as if in a hurry to hit the golf course. Two of Boston's third period goals were scored with less than 1:30 left in the game with Rask pulled.

Still fills my heart with joy when I think about it.

Last edited by Sohel; May 2, 2014 at 09:42 AM..
Old May 2, 2014, 07:39 AM
Cricket Guru

In order to be tagged a "choker", you would actually have to be good first, and the Sharks are very good. Choking is someone who fails repeatedly to achieve after having expectations. In that sense, yes, Sharks are becoming a choker and year after year they are exiting in first rd when many expect them to win it all. Toronto is flat out not good. Don't care what their media and fans say. If you make the playoffs once in last eight-ten years, you just aren't good. I like the Sharks team very much. I love the way they play and love the make up of the team. TM is a good coach too. But, there is something missing..

Man, Carey Price 1- Boston 0. I still don't know how Bruins didn't win. They were dominant. Peppered him with pucks. They also fanned on a lot of golden opportunities on wide open nets. P.K is a stud. He gets under your skin, but anyone would love to have him on their team. Boston still should win. Habs looked overmatched but didn't panic. They played within system- a classic MT trait.
Old May 2, 2014, 07:43 AM
Cricket Guru

It will have to be Kopitar + another forward. But, also be mindful that in Pens system, Kopitar will increase his point production by at least 20+30. I probably won't do it, but he is one player I would want in a scenario like that is Kopitar. I love his game.
Old May 2, 2014, 07:47 AM
Cricket Guru

Last but not least, kudos to classy Bruins town and Bruins fans for throwing all kinds of bottles, towels, objects at P.K and Habs team on the ice and the exit tunnel celebrating the win. Very classy.
Old May 2, 2014, 09:36 AM
Cricket Savant

What??? The team from the "center of the hockey universe" not good? Hockey KPIs like making the playoffs or winning the Cup in 50 years doesn't matter when you have that kind of divine blood! Blasphemy brother Beamer, blasphemy!!!

Kopitar and Mike Richards or Jeff Carter for Malkin makes more sense, but gotta consider Geno's playoff pedigree. The man can rip through the opposition single-handed when on song. Not many in the league can do that.

I'm really developing a dislike for Boston fans and media, as much as I admire their hockey.

Last edited by Sohel; May 2, 2014 at 10:09 AM..
Old May 2, 2014, 10:05 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
What??? The team from the "center of the hockey universe" not good? Hockey KPIs like making the playoffs or winning the Cup in 50 years don't matter when you have that kind of divine blood! Blasphemy brother Beamer, blasphemy!!!

Kopitar and Mike Richards or Jeff Carter for Malkin makes more sense, but gotta consider Geno's playoff pedigree. The man can rip through the opposition single-handed when on song. Not many in the league can do that.

I'm really developing a dislike for Boston fans and media, as much as I admire their hockey.
I kid, I kid...lol

Mike Richards has become garbage. Plays on fourth line now. He has fallen so much. Its incredible. Philly came out winner in that trade. Simmonds & Schenn ..

Just do a google or twitter search on Subban and Boston. The racist stuff is sickening. Its Aaron Ward all over again..
Old May 2, 2014, 10:30 AM
Cricket Savant

WOW! Never thought this type of thing will happen nowadays, especially in Boston! Makes you think of European soccer Nazis with their monkey chants and banana tossing.

Quote:
Fans showing disappointment would have been completely understandable. But many of them took it to a whole other level, seeming following in the footsteps of Donald Sterling.

Because of our corporate policies, we can’t put this type of profane language on our website, so here’s a summary of just some of the tweets we found:-

READ MORE
Old May 2, 2014, 10:39 AM
Cricket Savant

Links to a few more articles worth looking into. I hope PK crushes the Bruins and his brother, a prospect for the Bs, goes somewhere else.

1. http://www.arcticicehockey.com/2013/...kane-pk-subban

2. http://thehockeywriters.com/boston-b...ld-be-ashamed/

3. http://inagist.com/all/462078492155211776/