facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 10, 2014, 03:26 PM

Default "Bangladesh coach targets World Cup second round"

Bangladesh coach targets World Cup second round
Mohammad Isam

Bangladesh's new head coach Chandika Hathurusingha will put his focus on establishing the best possible environment around the team to ensure better results. Hathurusingha, the former Sri Lanka batsman, also believes the team can go past the first round of the 2015 World Cup.

Bangladesh have only played 20 international matches in Australia and New Zealand, the last of which was in January 2010.They toured Australia in 2003 and 2008, and have never won a match in the two countries. Hathurusingha however said that with some of the Bangladesh players approaching their peak in terms of age and fitness, he is looking forward to a place in the World Cup's second round.

Chandika Hathurasingha (left) met with the players and the new Bangladesh support staff on Tuesday © BCB

Read more @ ESPNcricinfo http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/751409.html

Old June 10, 2014, 03:33 PM

Quote:
he has already discussed with his new employers. "It is something that I have spoken to them when they offered me [the job]," Hathurusingha said. "They are prepared to give us all the support. I think the current board really wants to make change, and that's what they are doing. Me being here is a result of that."

If BCB truly wants and empowered the team MGT, one can expect a better result. All the best to our new coaches and staffs. And that includes BCB & Co. Too!
Old June 10, 2014, 06:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Well nothing wrong with dreaming big. I'll tell you what though, it's really hard for us fans to start jumping up and down so quickly. We all thought we finally turned a corner from 2012 - 2013. But that all went down hill in a matter of 6-8 months. Let's just wait and see what Hathurusingha is selling and if our players are willing to buy into his ideas/approach.
Old June 10, 2014, 07:05 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

so basically world cup championship is out of the equation?
Old June 10, 2014, 08:29 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: fizz, Shakib,SS,Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
so basically world cup championship is out of the equation?
Vai sopno ektu kom daka valo na??
Old June 10, 2014, 10:17 PM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeman
He is a Freeman. Let him dream big!
Old June 11, 2014, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeman
If you have to dream, why not a big one mate? It won't cost you an extra poysha!
Old June 11, 2014, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
Well nothing wrong with dreaming big. I'll tell you what though, it's really hard for us fans to start jumping up and down so quickly. We all thought we finally turned a corner from 2012 - 2013. But that all went down hill in a matter of 6-8 months. Let's just wait and see what Hathurusingha is selling and if our players are willing to buy into his ideas/approach.
Who is dreaming big? I am not.

Mr. Hathurusingha has been appointed to help achieve our goals and we are paying for it.

When you go in a restaurant, you pay and in return you get food. Here we are paying the coaches to deliver service, thus, one can expect a better service for sure, nothing wrong I see here.

And if coach is correct, BCB has agreed to cooperate with the new coaching staffs, thus, one can expect a change, no?

One of my close friend was a "nastic", used to be a hard-core "leftist" student politician, now he became a hard-core "muslim" - so, one can change at any time.
Old June 11, 2014, 08:23 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful & Tamim Iqbal

He is word looking professional to me... 2nd round its not like playing semi final... So why not belive something its achivebale.... Why do we have to think negetive always... He got enough time to clean the moron team....& this all the coaches hard worker mens...& i belive this is time bd will surprise everybody ... So go bd go... Go hammer co.
Old June 11, 2014, 11:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Basically be in the top 4 among these teams. It will be tough in Australian conditions.

England

Australia

Sri Lanka

Bangladesh

New Zealand

Afghanistan

Scotland
Old June 11, 2014, 11:44 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: fizz, Shakib,SS,Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
If you have to dream, why not a big one mate? It won't cost you an extra poysha!
While it does not cost you any penny to dream big, same way your dream should be realistic as well. Just don't expect any thing impossible while your are dreaming. The guy just joined the team and you guys expect to tell you that he will make us world champion!! Come on your dreams should have boundaries as well. I hope you get what I am trying to tell you guys. Please be patient and give this guy some time. I am sure he will change our team into a better one.
Old June 11, 2014, 11:56 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

By his own admission, the new Coach hasn't seen much of our players. Therefore it's safe to assume that he has very little idea about the actual ability of our players, and is setting these targets based on assumptions. Little does he know that even guys like Mohammad Nazimuddin score "FC" double hundreds and get to play international cricket in this particular test playing nation. He's in for a rude awakening when Faruk and Mushfiq bring some of their favorite players in front of him.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; June 12, 2014 at 12:36 AM..