facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old November 2, 2014, 03:09 PM
NoName's Avatar
NoName NoName is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: April 9, 2011
Location: Sauga
Posts: 9,022

Zulfiqar Babar and Yasir Shah are 35 and 28 years old
__________________
"How the little piglets would grunt if they knew how the old boar suffered."
Reply With Quote

  #27  
Old November 2, 2014, 04:28 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 12,042

The Aussies have not fallen it's been like this for years now, when all the greats retired it was an over the hill ponting, mike hussey and clarke holding up the team then when ponting and hussey went Warner stepped up with clarke but no one else has really stepped up bar rogers and smith on occasion. Really not surprising, plus Pakistan can be terrific on their best day, horrible on their worst so this is not a shock to me, Aussies have had horrible India and England tours in recent times so they've been inconsistent as well.
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Miller 9 Procter 10 Marshall 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old November 2, 2014, 04:41 PM
simon's Avatar
simon simon is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 20, 2008
Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Posts: 24,502

Aussie pacers r no good in sub continent conditions , although there pacers are very good but they are no Steyn,Philander or Morkel who can make batting difficult in any conditions.
But there is no excuse for their batting, its not a difficult batting wicket.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old November 2, 2014, 04:52 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 12,042

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Aussie pacers r no good in sub continent conditions , although there pacers are very good but they are no Steyn,Philander or Morkel who can make batting difficult in any conditions.
But there is no excuse for their batting, its not a difficult batting wicket.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Yeah the pacers flopped but in sub con conditions you expect the spinners to step up.
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Miller 9 Procter 10 Marshall 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old November 2, 2014, 05:15 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 12,042

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Zulfiqar Babar and Yasir Shah are 35 and 28 years old
Nothing wrong with picking a 28 year old, Yasir actually looks like a decent leggy. Leg spin his having a bit of a resurgence atm with yasir, prasanna, jubair, sodhi, muirhead, karn sharma and although he's a chinaman I'm sure kuldeep had av was inspired by the great leg spinners to bowl what he bowls.
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Miller 9 Procter 10 Marshall 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old November 2, 2014, 05:35 PM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,793

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
The Aussies have not fallen it's been like this for years now, when all the greats retired it was an over the hill ponting, mike hussey and clarke holding up the team then when ponting and hussey went Warner stepped up with clarke but no one else has really stepped up bar rogers and smith on occasion. Really not surprising, plus Pakistan can be terrific on their best day, horrible on their worst so this is not a shock to me, Aussies have had horrible India and England tours in recent times so they've been inconsistent as well.
They should give Hughes a run. I know his stats weren't great but that's when the coaches tried to change his game and made him a mess. He seems to have gotten back amongst the runs now. For a player that's been that prolific at the Sheffield Shield levels and the A team level, he should succeed at the Test level. Finch should also get a shot. Whatever happened to Khawaja? He looked like he had potential.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old November 2, 2014, 05:40 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 12,042

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
They should give Hughes a run. I know his stats weren't great but that's when the coaches tried to change his game and made him a mess. He seems to have gotten back amongst the runs now. For a player that's been that prolific at the Sheffield Shield levels and the A team level, he should succeed at the Test level. Finch should also get a shot. Whatever happened to Khawaja? He looked like he had potential.
Finch is no good in the longer format, khawaja just can't handle the step up, he's fine at FC level but not good enough in tests, though think it's more a mental thing so he could comeback. I agree Hughes should get a good run, started his test career well, had a bad patch but he's still one of the most consistent domestic players so Australia shouldn't be ignoring someone like him with all the issues they have with the batting right now.
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Miller 9 Procter 10 Marshall 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old November 3, 2014, 11:09 AM
brockley brockley is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 8, 2007
Posts: 2,919

Khawjah is expert at batting against medium pace and low quality or part time spinner,quite a flat tracker.
Put him against swing and especially quality spinner he is clueless.
If they replace rogers should give it to a newby like joe burns from qld.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:45 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket