facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 7, 2015, 09:20 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default AFG in talks with "4-5 test nations" for fixtures

We know India is out, most likely Aus/Eng not involved either. Hopefully we are involved, desperately need more fixtures. Hopefully Ireland are also having talks as they are an even better side that AFG. Hopefully Donal can keep us posted on IRE progress.

https://sg.sports.yahoo.com/news/tes...0146--spt.html

#OneTeam1Dream

Old March 7, 2015, 09:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Most likely BCB will chicken out. Can't blame them, there is a large international block out there to put us down every time we slip against associates.

Perhaps we can still host them against our A-team?
Old March 7, 2015, 09:57 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Champion

Good luck to them. Kenya had similar big talks after 2003 WC. We all know where they are now.
Old March 7, 2015, 09:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Kenya got lost because of corrupt administrators and lack of funding from ICC. That does not seem to be the case for Afghans so far.

Also, Afghans have a large fan base, an inter province cricket league. Cricket in Kenya is limited to Nairobi, and in a not so large community.
Old March 7, 2015, 10:16 PM

Favorite Player: Mash

you live in fool's world if you want to compare kenya with afg
Old March 7, 2015, 10:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla, Joe Root

Maybe we can invite Afghanistan to play in DPL(as a team participant)...I think it will still be a good challenge for them to see where they are... or organize a lot of First Class matches against them with our A team.

That is if Afghanistan is looking for fixtures and they have time to spare and looking for a challenge.
Old March 7, 2015, 10:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
you live in fool's world if you want to compare kenya with afg
Agree totally. Foolish to compare them with kenya. Let afghans achieve even half of what kenya achieved before their decline.
Defeated india twice, defeated the old zimbabwe, west indies, sril lanka. If passion and talent alone got you results, then Windies wouldn't have declined. Anyways, no one is stopping people from dreaming.
Old March 7, 2015, 10:33 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of BD
Good luck to them. Kenya had similar big talks after 2003 WC. We all know where they are now.
Not sure why you seem happy about it. If Afghans do decline it is a loss for cricket. More competitive teams makes it interesting to watch and also makes the sport stronger.
Old March 7, 2015, 10:45 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers

This wont lead to much IMHO.

The only reason they have a chance at fixtures is because they're based with Pakistan so might be used a warm up game. The big teams like Aus,Eng and such will probably give them an ODI as they are miles ahead in ranking, but WI,Ban and Zim wont as the risk of a loss is too high and could wreck CT qualifying.

I dont expect much change for Ireland over the coming years. Afg may get slight help as they are Asian but we got no one to help us
Old March 7, 2015, 11:03 PM
Banned

I hope BCB doesn't invite to play with our national team. They aren't strong, neither Ireland. These things happen in World Cup. If they come, they can play with our A team or '19 team.
Old March 7, 2015, 11:21 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Adam Gilchrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of BD
Agree totally. Foolish to compare them with kenya. Let afghans achieve even half of what kenya achieved before their decline.
Defeated india twice, defeated the old zimbabwe, west indies, sril lanka. If passion and talent alone got you results, then Windies wouldn't have declined. Anyways, no one is stopping people from dreaming.
You seem happy to keep Afghanistan where they are. Are you afraid that they are going to be better than BD at some point in future? For someone who complains a lot about double standards against BD, you are quite hypocritical considering you are doing the same in regards to Afghanistan.
Old March 7, 2015, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donal C
This wont lead to much IMHO.

The only reason they have a chance at fixtures is because they're based with Pakistan so might be used a warm up game. The big teams like Aus,Eng and such will probably give them an ODI as they are miles ahead in ranking, but WI,Ban and Zim wont as the risk of a loss is too high and could wreck CT qualifying.

I dont expect much change for Ireland over the coming years. Afg may get slight help as they are Asian but we got no one to help us
what are you talking about? 90% of your team plays the English FC cricket..we had to built our own FC system(we are still trying at that), you guys had it handed over to you
Old March 7, 2015, 11:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke
You seem happy to keep Afghanistan where they are. Are you afraid that they are going to be better than BD at some point in future? For someone who complains a lot about double standards against BD, you are quite hypocritical considering you are doing the same in regards to Afghanistan.
Not at all. I was just replying to the post of comparison between kenya and afghanistan. Corruption is still rife overthere in sports politics. It's going to be a massive challenge for them to overcome these problems as well as that of their infrastructure and hosting games. It's another thing people don't want to listen to facts and hate it when reality is mentioned.

We hosted several world class tournaments even before we got test status. And had proven to ICC what we can achieve. Afghanistan are yet to prove that potential. Let them do that first, and then we can talk. Otherwise, they'll just be another Kenya. Still remember how people in Kenya went crazy about the sport, but nosedived later.
Old March 7, 2015, 11:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
what are you talking about? 90% of your team plays the English FC cricket..we had to built our own FC system(we are still trying at that), you guys had it handed over to you
yeah exactly i hate wen ppl say that ireland get no help. Only thing they can complain abt is not getting enough tours against test playing nations but other then that they have all the resources and facilities they need to become good players. Our fc system is a terrible place to blood young and talented players. That's why we always have to fast track players from our U19 team. Essentially you can say bd players are disadvantaged as they are unable to play in english fc system and be blooded there.
Old March 8, 2015, 01:19 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
He means in terms of fixtures. And he's right.

That being said, Ireland and Afghanistan got way more support than we did as associate level from ICC. We had no acclimatation tour before 99 world cup, no WCL to get regular fixtures against similar ranked sides. We did get Asia cups, but so will AFG. We got a bunch of triangulars with Kenya before 99 WC.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 8, 2015, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
He means in terms of fixtures. And he's right.

That being said, Ireland and Afghanistan got way more support than we did as associate level from ICC. We had no acclimatation tour before 99 world cup, no WCL to get regular fixtures against similar ranked sides. We did get Asia cups, but so will AFG. We got a bunch of triangulars with Kenya before 99 WC.
if he means in terms of fixture i agree with him, but Ireland got enough help from England to get to where they are now albeit England doing it for their own interest(stealing ireland's players)
Old March 8, 2015, 06:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

I think playing a 3 match ODI and 2 T20s against Afghanistan wouldn't be too bad considering Pak don't tour us in June.
Old March 8, 2015, 07:38 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
yeah exactly i hate wen ppl say that ireland get no help. Only thing they can complain abt is not getting enough tours against test playing nations but other then that they have all the resources and facilities they need to become good players. Our fc system is a terrible place to blood young and talented players. That's why we always have to fast track players from our U19 team. Essentially you can say bd players are disadvantaged as they are unable to play in english fc system and be blooded there.
I mean it in the sense that we get screw all help from any boards. The counties help us sure, but thats because our players are good enough and not charity. Plus the same system that helps us improve also lets England take our players so its kind of a double edged sword in that regard.

Also, Bangladesh have received more than enough finances over the past 15 years to set up a decent FC system, the BCB just arent willing/unable to do so. Thats vastly different than us where we want to achieve things but arent being supported in any way.
Old March 8, 2015, 08:43 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

This is the peak of Afghaistan, they will only fall after this. I mean after the 2/3 seasoned current players, departs. They have no system of producing players, unless they are allowed to take part in Pakistan. They have no domestic structure at all ....
Old March 8, 2015, 08:49 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim

I wonder how safe Afghanistan is to host matches. Will it be another Pakistan
Old March 8, 2015, 10:05 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I am super afraid of NEPAL. (as an Afgan fan)
Old March 8, 2015, 11:05 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sachin Tendulkar,Shane Wa

It's really unfortunate that Afghanistan is war torn with no viable domestic set up. If they had that, I am certain that they would have produced better bowlers than our trundler brigade (Genetics). Maybe they have better fast bowlers than we do at this instant.

With better set up there was chance of producing half decent LOI batsmen within next 10 years. But realistically there is greater probability of them becoming non entity in cricket in distant future. Getting majority of players who settled or started playing cricket in Pakistan is not ideal.

I hope BCB will be more pro active to arrange more tours of Afghanistan & Ireland. There is no need to pay attention towards naysayers questioning your test status based on few probable defeats against them. Bangladesh's batting in LOI's improved a lot starting from maybe 2007. Regular fixtures will be better than not playing any cricket for long durations.
Old March 8, 2015, 03:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Will beating Afghanistan improve our rating? Im sorry but we have to look at our own self interests, which is to win games that increase our rating.
Old March 8, 2015, 04:30 PM
Cricket Guru

^^Beating weaker teams won't help us climb in the ranking, we need to beat stronger teams for that.
Old March 8, 2015, 04:38 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Amla

Quote:
if he means in terms of fixture i agree with him, but Ireland got enough help from England to get to where they are now albeit England doing it for their own interest(stealing ireland's players)
ireland's FC is not county cricket, they still have to have systems and club cricket , young level cricket to produce cricketers. What the county system does is actually harden the first team players of its national team or fringe players. That is crucial and what will make them more competitive than us. Similarly the scots also have this opportunity.