facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 16, 2015, 03:59 AM

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadim
KDPP article...
looks more like a HHLKG article

Old March 16, 2015, 08:32 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Uff ... amra pario ..
Anondo bazar. Not "amra."
Old March 16, 2015, 08:42 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Dada ra mone hocchey boddo bhoy pacchey. Bhoy er thelay ki shob hiji biji likhche maeeri.
Old March 16, 2015, 09:17 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

as if gandalf and mohammedshamim miya coauthored this piece
Old March 16, 2015, 09:18 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

What's so wrong about this article ? Well I'm not a fan of west bengal media, they do over sensationalize events. But I don't see anything wrong with this article. even in our Match thread people felt that this was intentional, some even said that he wanted to play against Ind... So that certainly is a probability. Which, as some one said, can only be confirmed if some journalist asks Shakib, if he speaks the truth.

The writer has given three options and you can choose your option. Although I would prefer none of the above

I would chose the fourth option which he didn't mention in this article... The real one. I mentioned in that match thread....
Old March 16, 2015, 09:30 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
What's so wrong about this article ? Well I'm not a fan of west bengal media, they do over sensationalize events. But I don't see anything wrong with this article. even in our Match thread people felt that this was intentional, some even said that he wanted to play against Ind... So that certainly is a probability. Which, as some one said, can only be confirmed if some journalist asks Shakib, if he speaks the truth.

The writer has given three options and you can choose your option. Although I would prefer none of the above

I would chose the fourth option which he didn't mention in this article... The real one. I mentioned in that match thread....
there are plenty of things wrong like this --

Quote:
ময়মনসিংহের ছেলে। যে শহরের ধানের কথা কবিতায় পাওয়া যায়। আর শুঁটকি মাছের গৌরবকাহিনী ভোজনরসিকদের নিত্য আলোচনায়। কিন্তু ময়মনসিংহ শহরের আপাতত তিনিই সেরা রপ্তানি।
mmnsingh dhan er jonno khub ekta famous nah. Ar shutki mach amra eto khai nah. rickshawala and kajer buas are our biggest "roptani" to dhaka. Riyad is a distant second. bujhchooooiiiin?
Old March 16, 2015, 10:00 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
But I don't see anything wrong with this article. even in our Match thread people felt that this was intentional, some even said that he wanted to play against Ind... So that certainly is a probability.
Seriously? Doubting the integrity of our best ever cricketer? And you call yourself a fan?
Old March 16, 2015, 10:26 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02

mmnsingh dhan er jonno khub ekta famous nah. Ar shutki mach amra eto khai nah. rickshawala and kajer buas are our biggest "roptani" to dhaka. Riyad is a distant second. bujhchooooiiiin?
Hahaha

Mymensingh being one of the few densely populated Hindu districts of pre71 Bangladesh, many Hindus migrated from Mymeningh to WestBengal along with Greater Barishal. Their knowledge of Mymensingh is from the people of Mymensingh who migrated to WestBengal. And it's my personal feelings, having very strong connections with many WB people, that the migrated people described Bangladesh & their life here in a pretty positively inflated way except probably the political or religious oppression factors which were negatively inflated to justify their migration...

So YA Dhaan, is somethings you can make story about any district of Bagladesh, while you are in another country Mymensingh does have a pretty strong shutki culture in Brahmaputra river basin area & surrounding haor areas where fish is only available in summer & rainy season, which was pretty unknown even to me for a long time.

While the beggars and Bua can be the number one in Quantity, but Riyad is definitely the number one at present in Quality of exports from Mymensingh to the National side

I find the article pretty much in praising us and it lifts our team.... Everything indian isn't necessarily Bad , they have a different kind of expression than us and their knowledge on Bangladesh and ours will definitely be different .. But I don't find this article written with any ill intent ...

Last edited by BANFAN; March 16, 2015 at 10:56 AM..
Old March 16, 2015, 10:30 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Seriously? Doubting the integrity of our best ever cricketer? And you call yourself a fan?
Quote the part, where he is doubting the integrity? If Shakb or Bangladesh is choosing to play India ... That's not a matter of integrity, it's a strategy. And that's one of the three options...you can choose the one you like...

aren't you over reacting? Yes even as a fan I want to know, why Shakib did it? Was that a mistake or deliberate? Do you have the answer ?
Old March 16, 2015, 10:50 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
Hahaha

Mymensingh being one of the few densely populated Hindu districts of pre71 Bangladesh, many Hindus migrated from Mymeningh to WestBengal along with Greater Barishal. Their knowledge of Mymensingh is from the people of Mymensingh who migrated to WestBengal. And it's my personal feelings, having very strong connections with many WB people, that the migrated people described Bangladesh & their life here in a pretty positively inflated way except probably the political or religious oppression factors which were negatively inflated to justify their migration...

So YA Dhaan, is somethings you can make story about any district of Bagladesh, while you are in another country Mymensingh does have a pretty strong shutki culture in Brahmaputra river basin area & surrounding haor areas where fish is only available in summer & rainy season, which was pretty unknown even to me for a long time.

While the beggars and Bua can be the number one in Quantity, but Riyad is definitely the number one at present in Quality of exports from Mymensingh to the National side

I find the article pretty much in praising us and it lifts our team.... Everything indian isn't necessarily Bad , they have a different kind of expression that us and their knowledge on Bangladesh and ours will definitely be different .. But I don't find this article written with any ill intent ...
True. I have heard stories of the abandoned houses and properties after 71. But there is still a big Hindu population there, less so in villages but more in the city. I have seen many temples and active shoshan ghats as well. Muktagachar Monda is still owned by a Hindu family and we never fail to buy tons of packets whenever we visit.

About Riyad, he is from Mymensingh city. I have heard that he used to play for local clubs in the district stadium is his very early days. Then he decided to score two big hundreds in Aus and NZ
Old March 16, 2015, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Quote the part, where he is doubting the integrity? If Shakb or Bangladesh is choosing to play India ... That's not a matter of integrity, it's a strategy. And that's one of the three options...you can chose the one you like... aren't you over reacting? Yes even as a fan I want to know, why Shakib did it? Was that a mistake or deliberate? Do you have the answer ?
Yes i do. It is very obvious. No honest cricketer deliberately loses a game. It is not strategy it is about being honest to millions of fans rooting for the team. So the answer is he made a mistake.
Old March 16, 2015, 11:24 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Yes i do. It is very obvious. No honest cricketer deliberately loses a game. It is not strategy it is about being honest to millions of fans rooting for the team. So the answer is he made a mistake.
Well, so you chose one of his options. But there are many who even can't visualize in their wildest imagination that Shakb Can do mistakes of this nature. To them he is the ultimate cricketing brain he can't be so dumb to make so basic mistake of not bowling his best bowler at the death.

For them it was a gamble went wrong, while some argue that, this was a suicide, can't be a gamble.

This is not the first time in the history of sports that a certain team doesn't feel motivated enough to win a match in order to choose their opponent in the next round. This can happen as a part of strategy. Because suicide needs a motive...I'm not saying that this was the case here.

Having Known some of the inside stories of Shakib's divisive captaincy drama in the past, you definitely can relate such suicidal strategy in other ways too. But will keep all those for later stages, after the World Cup...

But I dont think, this article is putting anyone's integrity inline, these are natural questions in the mind of the fans, in order to understand his basic captaincy mistakes Or Suicidal Strategy...You could be right too, that it was a dumb mistake...& Face anoher question..is our best cricketer that dumb?

Last edited by BANFAN; March 16, 2015 at 04:06 PM..
Old March 16, 2015, 02:33 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

So Mufi miya's favourite is Ryad and he writes like Humayun Ahmed.
Moymonshingho written all over.
Old March 16, 2015, 06:14 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

boy smokin some pure homegrown 'shrooms there yo
Old March 16, 2015, 07:11 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

Indian media is playing the mind game here since they knew we will be their qtr final opponent. Surely they are praising us a lot in those articles but also adding some controversial lines to put us down. Even in todays Anandabazar they are talking about Sidhu hate club. At the same time some of our media also creating troll reports. so the media trash talk begins..
Old March 16, 2015, 07:33 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Masrafi, Shakib, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02

Mymensingh was famous for it's high quality pat (jute)
Old March 16, 2015, 07:40 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
boy smokin some pure homegrown 'shrooms there yo
You don't "smoke" shrooms Zee. You eat/ingest it. No wonder you have been trippin' so much lately

#thuglifefail
Old March 16, 2015, 07:44 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
So Mufi miya's favourite is Ryad and he writes like Humayun Ahmed.
Moymonshingho written all over.
Lol that's my one half. Other half is bikrompuira (apnar moton)
Old March 18, 2015, 06:39 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla, Joe Root

after the thrashing Sri Lanka got from South Africa, what do you guys say now
Old March 18, 2015, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
after the thrashing Sri Lanka got from South Africa, what do you guys say now
Amader jonne difficult hoye gelo. Er thekey beshi thrashing dewa tough hobey
Old March 18, 2015, 07:42 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Amader jonne difficult hoye gelo. Er thekey beshi thrashing dewa tough hobey
WoW Indians will ask for Firing nukes at you, if they see this

Yes we have to do it by 10 wickets or Over 200 Runs, to beat this I'll be happy winning by 1 wicket or 1 run