facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Closed Thread

Old March 19, 2015, 05:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
no I will not stop being aggressive. A stupid thread doesn't deserve any respect. you want stats? I can lay down and analyze Shakib's entire career for you with context.

so tell me what you want? yes he hasn't scored a 100 in WC, so what? I said Misbah hasn't scored in his entire career of 160 ODIs. then you say its a dumb comparison and go on winning matches. And I say, you don't think Shakib hasn't single handedly won matches for BD?

Tell me how many matches has Shakib won for BD? as you like stats so much, go ahead tell me.
Please compare the runs, Misbah has scored in world cup Vs Shakib, Please compare the number of Mom shakib has won compared to Misbah against big teams in world cup. and finally like i said its not right to compare a all-rounder with a batmen, but please do those and come back to me. I do not understand you obessesion with Misbah.. but please do tell me the figures.. i am refering to world cup.. dont want any other figures... ok? dont want those inflated figures of shakib where we played most with Zimbabwe, is that fine? Thank you. I am laughing at your knowledge of cricket, get back to me with those stats and figures lol.. i want to see how u typically respond.

Old March 19, 2015, 05:14 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedShamim
Please compare the runs, Misbah has scored in world cup Vs Shakib, Please compare the number of Mom shakib has won compared to Misbah against big teams in world cup. and finally like i said its not right to compare a all-rounder with a batmen, but please do those and come back to me. I do not understand you obessesion with Misbah.. but please do tell me the figures.. i am refering to world cup.. dont want any other figures... ok? dont want those inflated figures of shakib where we played most with Zimbabwe, is that fine? Thank you. I am laughing at your knowledge of cricket, get back to me with those stats and figures lol.. i want to see how u typically respond.
why would we only talk about WC? UAE's Shaiman Anwar has better avg than Hashim Amla, Michael Clarke, David Warner in this WC. Does this mean Anwar is a superior batsmen?

You seem to change your conditions and customize time frame and period to justify stats.

Lay out your conditions first and then we will talk (i.e time frame, type of player) etc.
Old March 19, 2015, 06:44 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedShamim
So your definition of 'world' class is only of those who perform well in World Cups and everything else in-between doesn't count for anything?

Your standard seems to be those set by commentators - do you not think they speak at bilateral/multilateral series as well?
Old March 19, 2015, 07:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

He didn't have a great world cup, but that doesn't mean he's not world class. Others stepped up, there are only 300 balls per innings, everyone can't score centuries.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 19, 2015, 07:02 PM
Cricket Legend

How is shakib not world Class
Which team would he not get into
Old March 19, 2015, 07:14 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Champion

Sorry. He isn't world class. ADB, Maxwell, Dilshan, these are what you call world class. Has actually never played a match winning innings against a top 8 in a WC except for 2007. Overhyped by us, because we have nothing esle even semi-decent. There is a reason why he is there only in allrounder rankings, and not even in top 5 of either bowling or batting. I would have preferred if he would be in top 10 in odi batting rankings and somewhere between in top 5 allrounder rankings rather than this over-the-moon ranking of shakib of being no. 1 "allrounder". Come on, even guys like Yuvraj got the man-of-the tournament award in 2011 who is really only a part-timer. Whereas Shakib for all his class, couldn't deliver when it mattered.
Old March 19, 2015, 07:20 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Champion

I want to ask people, what is the last notable thing he did against a top 8 team since the 2012 asia cup. A big ZERO! This world cup, he had more than enuf games to show his worth. But failed big time. No reason for excuses that he didnt get enuf time to adapt to aus conditions.
Old March 19, 2015, 08:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla, Joe Root

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of BD
I want to ask people, what is the last notable thing he did against a top 8 team since the 2012 asia cup. A big ZERO! This world cup, he had more than enuf games to show his worth. But failed big time. No reason for excuses that he didnt get enuf time to adapt to aus conditions.

He did take a nice catch to dismiss Eoin Morgan in the England game. he did take four wickets against NZ, with his captaincy nearly getting victory against a formidable NZ lineup in their own den. he did take the first wicket yesterday on a pitch that offers zero to nothing for spinners to set up that phase which accumulates pressure for the next 15 overs. I wouldn't say a big zero. Yes, with the bat perhaps he could have done much better than he would like....

#KeepSupportingShakib
Old March 19, 2015, 09:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Virat Kholi is not having the best tournament either, you're going to pinpoint him as NOT WORLD CLASS either? Mahela J. piratically failed through out the whole tournament, was he not world class? What kind of stupid logic is this?
Old March 19, 2015, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
Virat Kholi is not having the best tournament either, you're going to pinpoint him as NOT WORLD CLASS either? Mahela J. piratically failed through out the whole tournament, was he not world class? What kind of stupid logic is this?
+1 from my side!
Old March 19, 2015, 10:24 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
Virat Kohli and Mahela had each a century under their name when the team needed it most.

Shakib failed to justify the 'number 1' all rounder tag. Disgusted with the way he batted last night. Didnt perform with the bat against Lanka, Eng and now India.
Old March 19, 2015, 10:39 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

dont get worked up over troll threads. Threads go down if nobody posts
Old March 19, 2015, 11:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

please stop with these troll threads. People mixing up match winner with world class. Even match winners dont have to be world class... i havent seen shakib win matches by himself cos he isnt that type of player... he is a contributer to the team. Yes his batting hasn't been the best this world cup but his bowling has been very crucial for us.

So pls stop this we have other issues to work out in the team and shakib is definitely not one of them. And ppl are using the wat commies think abt shakib. Commies do know how good he is... so i dont know what u guys are talking about..
Old March 19, 2015, 11:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot
Virat Kohli and Mahela had each a century under their name when the team needed it most.

Shakib failed to justify the 'number 1' all rounder tag. Disgusted with the way he batted last night. Didnt perform with the bat against Lanka, Eng and now India.
4 wickets in runs equivalent is like 80 runs imo. The guy helped us against all the wins we had plus that 4 wicket agains NZ was crucal. Regardless, everyone has a off days here and there or a purple patch for X amount of time. Unfortunately for him, it had to happen during the WC and then again even at his NOT BEST he did allright compared to Tamim or Co.
Old March 19, 2015, 11:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Well, I suspected he was not his best at this WC and sadly it's very much true now. He did not justify his talent and best all-rounder tag at the biggest stage. I would say not say he was a failure but he was below to his standard. Only time he shines (battingwise), it was against 2 associates. Surprisingly, his bowling was below par. He was regularly giving boundary hitting balls- his 8th /9over (probably) against over was absolutely rubbish. His bowling did not catch the eyes of cricket pundits. Whereas, he bowled so good for IPL matched. His batting against India was the worst as far I can recall. Certainly I won’t give him more than C+ especially when you are bearing best all-rounder of the world tag.
Old March 20, 2015, 12:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Look we all are dissappointed by his performance this time around and yes, but why can't he be considered world class? Well its because some of you make imaginary STANDARDS like players have to score 300 runs and take 10 wickets. Sakib failed to do both.

His batting has been ordinary, and he has never been the best batsman in our side. Mushfiq, Nasir and as of now Riad are the key part of our middle order. Shakib's role is more of an aggressor who will try to target the BPP. As for bowling, there has been absolutely zero purchase for the spinners. And even if he didn't take too many wickets his ER has been quite good when you consider that he bowls in the end of the MPP, BPP and the death overs.

And if you think that it is important to perform in world cup to be considered world class, then let me tell you a lot of big players don't live up to their expectations in world cup. Speaking of other allrounders, can someone bring in the performance of the following in this world cup so far:

1) Ravindra Jadeja
2) Mathews
3) Watson

I think stats will probably show that Shakib has better stats compared to them despite not having adequate support from his team.
Closed Thread