facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 19, 2015, 10:51 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib al hasan
Default Is it finally time to change the nature of the pitches in BD?

Look how well our pacers have performed at this WC, despite most of the wickets being flat. They gave every opposition a scare and were the center of discussion of many people. Everybody is starting to believe that Bangladesh have turned a corner, mainly because of the effort from their quick bowlers. So heres a question. Could it be that Bangladesh has more pace bowling talent rather than spin bowling talent? I mean to say that maybe our pace bowling talents have been hidden all these years . And its been hidden mainly because of the pitches we play on. Maybe we're not having pace talent come up like we want because of this BS flat *** tracks that we always play on. If I learned anything from this WC, that is Bangladesh has a lot more talent and depth in quick bowling than I ever thought we did. I beleive that we have more pace bowling talent than spin. Taskin and Rubel are just examples of what we can offer. Theres more, and maybe better ones, just hidden and are not being found because of these spinning and flat pitches. So maybe just maybe its times to create atleast sporting pitches to the least for the sake of our beloved country's cricket.

Old March 19, 2015, 11:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Yea I had this in my mind aswell. Atleast have the decency to make some sporting wickets. Spinning tracks will destory Taskin aswell.
Old March 20, 2015, 12:30 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, Moyna, Cutter, Task

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moh899
Look how well our pacers have performed at this WC, despite most of the wickets being flat. They gave every opposition a scare and were the center of discussion of many people. Everybody is starting to believe that Bangladesh have turned a corner, mainly because of the effort from their quick bowlers. So heres a question. Could it be that Bangladesh has more pace bowling talent rather than spin bowling talent? I mean to say that maybe our pace bowling talents have been hidden all these years . And its been hidden mainly because of the pitches we play on. Maybe we're not having pace talent come up like we want because of this BS flat *** tracks that we always play on. If I learned anything from this WC, that is Bangladesh has a lot more talent and depth in quick bowling than I ever thought we did. I beleive that we have more pace bowling talent than spin. Taskin and Rubel are just examples of what we can offer. Theres more, and maybe better ones, just hidden and are not being found because of these spinning and flat pitches. So maybe just maybe its times to create atleast sporting pitches to the least for the sake of our beloved country's cricket.
It's definitely time to change the pitches in BD. Question should be will BCB change the pitches?
Old March 20, 2015, 01:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

I think its important to change it in domestics first. In some of the of the pitches there should be a bit of bounce and swing which will mean that sides will have to field 3 pacers and bowl them regularly.
Old March 20, 2015, 01:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Efforts were made, but not followed through by current president. But yes agree the local wickets need to be made more bowling friendly.

http://news.priyo.com/sports/2011/10...its-39252.html
Old March 20, 2015, 02:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

they can make the sporting wickets for practicing themselves and for league matches. For international games... its all about winning and they should still prepare turning tracks. I dont see the Aussies or Brits trying to make turning wickets.