facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 23, 2015, 06:50 AM
First Class Cricketer

No. Absolutely not better. Rubel did well...only 1

Old March 23, 2015, 12:32 PM
Cricket Sage

I think all indication is we are in better position than ever before with our FBs. We never had that many options with all the all necessary raw materials to be very good group of fast bowlers. there are 4 or 5 of them and couple of more on the way in next few years. They all have the speed, looks like more-or-less bowl with purpose and accuracy than ever before. Just see how few extra this bowlers are giving compared to old times.

Mashrafee was very talented and was self made, needed little coaching was an exception. Other than that, we didn't have that many options at the same time.
Old March 23, 2015, 10:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
I think all indication is we are in better position than ever before with our FBs. We never had that many options with all the all necessary raw materials to be very good group of fast bowlers. there are 4 or 5 of them and couple of more on the way in next few years. They all have the speed, looks like more-or-less bowl with purpose and accuracy than ever before. Just see how few extra this bowlers are giving compared to old times.

Mashrafee was very talented and was self made, needed little coaching was an exception. Other than that, we didn't have that many options at the same time.
Agree completely. And i also like your view. Why compare with India? Lets compare how we are today with how we were five years ago? Definitely we have something to cheer about.
Old March 24, 2015, 01:35 AM
BC Editorial Team

Mash wasn't completely self-made. He got coaching from Andy Roberts. Andy identified him and Talha as future pace spearheads.
Old March 24, 2015, 04:44 AM
Cricket Legend

I think Mortaza only got a few days of coaching from Andy Roberts, which btw had a huge influence on him. Most websites claim Andy Roberts worked as a coach of Bangladesh, whereas he only did a coaching clinic and went. Goes on to show why we should be bringing such coaches instead of keeping guys like Sarwar Imran on the payroll (No Offence)

Most of the bowlers or batsmen usually play Under 19 cricket, first class cricket, A Team cricket, a few years of national team cricket, then they require a bit of coaching and mentoring before they start playing at an acceptable level. But Mash worked his way into the team as if he was plucked out of thin air. His pace and raw aggression made him a key player almost instantly.

I am a big fan of Taskin, but i think Mash was even more special when he started off. In a series against Zimbabwe he was beating batsman with pace, bounce consistently. It was zipping through to the keeper who was collecting the ball at an awkward chest/chin high (This was an era where Bangladeshi pacers couldnt force batsmen to play on the backfoot). Quite a few of the deliveries were also hitting the Zimbabwe batsman on their thigh and arms and chest. His impact was similar to what Akhtar did for Pakistan and Lee for Australia, although his pace was probably 10 kph lesser. He reportedly recorded fastest ball of 147 kph in that tournament.

Its a real pity injuries never allowed him to fulfill his potential.
Old March 24, 2015, 05:14 AM

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
I think Mortaza only got a few days of coaching from Andy Roberts, which btw had a huge influence on him. Most websites claim Andy Roberts worked as a coach of Bangladesh, whereas he only did a coaching clinic and went. Goes on to show why we should be bringing such coaches instead of keeping guys like Sarwar Imran on the payroll (No Offence)

Most of the bowlers or batsmen usually play Under 19 cricket, first class cricket, A Team cricket, a few years of national team cricket, then they require a bit of coaching and mentoring before they start playing at an acceptable level. But Mash worked his way into the team as if he was plucked out of thin air. His pace and raw aggression made him a key player almost instantly.

I am a big fan of Taskin, but i think Mash was even more special when he started off. In a series against Zimbabwe he was beating batsman with pace, bounce consistently. It was zipping through to the keeper who was collecting the ball at an awkward chest/chin high (This was an era where Bangladeshi pacers couldnt force batsmen to play on the backfoot). Quite a few of the deliveries were also hitting the Zimbabwe batsman on their thigh and arms and chest. His impact was similar to what Akhtar did for Pakistan and Lee for Australia, although his pace was probably 10 kph lesser. He reportedly recorded fastest ball of 147 kph in that tournament.

Its a real pity injuries never allowed him to fulfill his potential.
Mash was complete freak of nature for a BD fast bowler. Taskin is nowhere near him when Mash was his age. i believe we are unlucky in two sence..1.Mash got injured and 2.We got Mash in a time period where we didn't have a team and had no clue what to do with our new gain cricket status.

Imagine what we could have achieved if Mash came now..add a 19 year old Mash to the current team along with Tashkin
Old March 24, 2015, 05:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Question is how do we uncover another Mashrafe? We ve given up on the pace hunts, practically no sponsor. No consulting by guys like Andy Roberts. Not sure how our scouting network is either. Malinga for instance was picked out of the blue by Ramanayake. Are we doing such things?
Old March 24, 2015, 06:03 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

The pacers did well in Aus conditions where the pace and bounce favored them. They will be really tested in our home conditions against Pakistan. Hope they can continue to impress.
Old March 24, 2015, 09:53 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
The pacers did well in Aus conditions where the pace and bounce favored them. They will be really tested in our home conditions against Pakistan. Hope they can continue to impress.
Yes. I also want to point out BCB will also be tested i.e. if they create some FB friendly pitch against certain teams or not. BCB need to nurture and support them as well as fans need to understand that FBs will not do that well in our home games if we continue to build those pitches that we traditionally do.
Old March 24, 2015, 10:01 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Question is how do we uncover another Mashrafe? We ve given up on the pace hunts, practically no sponsor. No consulting by guys like Andy Roberts. Not sure how our scouting network is either. Malinga for instance was picked out of the blue by Ramanayake. Are we doing such things?
I think Heath Streak was assigned to do some hunting/nurturing jobs when not busy with the national team.
Old March 24, 2015, 12:19 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: will let you know after

Some fan... get excited easily...BD has few pacers. now they are better tahn ...

Lets not get expectations too high. Our pacers, are getting better, Now, BD not only have pace, but also many 6ft plus Pace bowlers. Getting there...
Old March 24, 2015, 01:10 PM
BC Editorial Team

Jeesh, I know what you mean about Mash. He was a beast. I remember when he went to New Zealand and put people in the hospital. If you asked Mash and he was really honest, he'd tell you that right after his first surgery, he could have been more disciplined in his weight training and diet and perhaps some of the subsequent injuries could have been avoided. Note I'm not talking about the physical therapy bit - we all know he did those religiously. Multiple times.
Old March 24, 2015, 09:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Imagine what we could have achieved if Mash came now..add a 19 year old Mash to the current team along with Tashkin
But would we be here if Mash didn't come when he did. Maybe Rubel and Taskin are the byproduct of Mash's influence in BD pace arena. Without him we would've been happy with bowlers such as this lefty pace bowler (forgot the name) who became a sensation claiming a few wickets with knee height bounce and Shanto (who had a fairly good bowling action).

Last edited by betaar; March 25, 2015 at 12:08 PM..