facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 26, 2015, 09:24 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
When did tamim get married ? What. The hell
... how come I can't recall.
Almost 2 years bro.

Old March 26, 2015, 10:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
http://banglacricket.com/alochona/sh...t=19836&page=2

In another article Tamim himself said he is very emotional, pressure can get to him, and NOT LIKE SHAK. Nothing (pressure) gets to shak.

Ice Ice baby!!
Thanks TE. Not sure why it didn't show up in the list of threads I have opened over the last 11 years in BC.
Geez, after my 20+ year old checking account with Wells Fargo bank, BC has been the longest running membership I have had in my life. Go BC and
Old March 27, 2015, 06:41 AM
Test Cricketer

This what Michael Clarke said about Steve Smith, “He’s showing his class. But most importantly, the one thing I’ve learnt throughout my career is getting into good form and scoring runs is a fantastic feeling, but still to go to training the next day to work on your game to try to become better is one of the hardest things to do in this game. That’s what makes you a great player. That’s what I’ve been really proud with Smithy – he’s still training extremely hard, he’s still getting there early, still doing the work even though he’s batting so well. I can’t say I’m surprised he’s getting the results he’s getting. He’s earned it".

I am sure Tamim has seen many great players from up close how they prepare themselves, how they conduct themselves on and off the field and how they go about their game in general. If you do all the things right, there is no way you can fail. Yes, some days you may not be mentally up there, you may have some personal issues but if you fail to deliver for a long period of time, most probably you are not working hard enough. You can't just say "I am trying my best but it's not happening". You have to find a way to make it happen. Talent means nothing without results. If you are not performing, someone else will be given a chance. Pure and simple. This is professional sports. Emotion is only useful here when you use it positively.
Old March 27, 2015, 07:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tonne
This what Michael Clarke said about Steve Smith, “He’s showing his class. But most importantly, the one thing I’ve learnt throughout my career is getting into good form and scoring runs is a fantastic feeling, but still to go to training the next day to work on your game to try to become better is one of the hardest things to do in this game. That’s what makes you a great player. That’s what I’ve been really proud with Smithy – he’s still training extremely hard, he’s still getting there early, still doing the work even though he’s batting so well. I can’t say I’m surprised he’s getting the results he’s getting. He’s earned it".

I am sure Tamim has seen many great players from up close how they prepare themselves, how they conduct themselves on and off the field and how they go about their game in general. If you do all the things right, there is no way you can fail. Yes, some days you may not be mentally up there, you may have some personal issues but if you fail to deliver for a long period of time, most probably you are not working hard enough. You can't just say "I am trying my best but it's not happening". You have to find a way to make it happen. Talent means nothing without results. If you are not performing, someone else will be given a chance. Pure and simple. This is professional sports. Emotion is only useful here when you use it positively.
Fantastic post.

Last edited by WarWolf; March 27, 2015 at 08:17 AM..
Old March 27, 2015, 08:07 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: TaMotu, GoBoy, Mashrafe

Tamim, don't cry. Train hard, and score centuries. Then tweet 'talk nah'.
Old March 27, 2015, 08:12 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tonne
"Chor na shuney dhormer kahini."

Taholey shae "mukto bihongo" hobay kamon korey?

"Practice? Practice? We are talking about practice?" Alan Iverson.

How many 26 year old, who was fit, who had free access to practice facilities for ages, grow a bhuri? Fielding'er shomoi monay hoi, "It's a chita; no, it's a superman; no, it's a female. "
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Is this another thread where BC members will dissect Tamim's body ?
Yes!! Till he changes his physique.
Old March 27, 2015, 08:30 AM
Administrator

There's no ****ing crying in cricket.
Old March 27, 2015, 11:14 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Tells you a lot about the guys mental side. Time to edit my favourite player and replace it with Mullah.
Old March 27, 2015, 11:44 AM
Cricket Sage

Mixed feeling and random thoughts about the whole episode:

- Yes I feel for him. He showed his softer side that I can relate to. But then, I don't want to see our players so soft and touchy.

- Contrary to some other super-star's wife, Tamim's wife was more or less low-profile and out of limelight. Still it didn't saved her from some fan's cruel remarks.

- Where is that tough and don't-care Tamim that I used to love? Who stole that Tamim? When that conversion happened?

- Is he a manipulator or is he genuine? Not sure.

- Need to do soul searching, then he will find out what he is doing wrong. If we know that, how come he don't realize that.

- He lost father when he was young. His mother was instrumental who he is now. Kudos to his mom, it was not for her growing up two kids who both are cricketer. She is also a cricket fan like us. Tamim's uncle(s) also paid a huge role in his life. May be criticism of his uncle ( for selecting him) may hurt his sensitive side. May be growing up without a father made him insecure in his life.

- His contribution and the joy he brought to us in the past will never be erased whether we now want him or not in the team.

- Tamim had done if before .. sometimes the lone fighter in a struggling team. But now the team has better cast, he doesn't need to be the lone fighter... he just need to contribute his past. The task is much easy now. Then why he is faltering, while he was shining befofe?

- Kichu ekta koor Tamim, kichu ekta kor....if not for the fans, atleast do it for yourself... give a little more effort to prepare yourself in training and make justice of talent.