facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 24, 2015, 03:44 PM

More greed is under the carpet than you see here. BCCI wants to starve the international cricket and popularize the IPL. One simple method is to reduce competitive teams in international cricket. As the first step, it is cutting funding from cricket.

Old March 24, 2015, 04:00 PM
Cricket Legend

And why BCCI thinks that they make all the money? other teams has to be involved to make over all revenue. they forgetting this is not one-way thing.

Cricket is nothing without peoples support from round the world look how they dissing associates.
Old March 24, 2015, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mij
And why BCCI thinks that they make all the money? other teams has to be involved to make over all revenue. they forgetting this is not one-way thing.

Cricket is nothing without peoples support from round the world look how they dissing associates.
Others don't stand up and say that on their face and quit ICC to form another board! Or may be they do actually make it and other boards just agreeing in return of favor. I don't know what's the true face, but for the time being it looks like they are unchallenged.
Old March 24, 2015, 04:08 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: MS.Dhoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donal C
Also the way you talk you'd assume the BCCI were struggling to make ends meet when in reality they swim in cash.

Rich get richer at the expense of the poor
BCCI publish on how and what they spend the money on in their website. I suggest you read it.

We are a billion plus populated country, our cricketers(domestic players) were payed pittance before IPL. Is it wrong to see the facilities and players salary improve/increase in India?

I am not supporting BCCI but do you see England or Spain or any other football country sharing it's revenue with India, football(soccer) needs money to grow in India but no country is willing to spend it over here, why so? It's the responsibility of the country's own sporting body to grow sport in their respective countries. ICC/ FIFA can help but can't be communists.

Huge revenues generated in/by/because of India, it justifies the bigger cut. As I said the graph misleads and doesn't show the holistic picture.
Old March 25, 2015, 12:14 PM
Cricket Legend

The bilateral agreements have favoured bangladesh,finally australia and india come on board.But now the power of 3 has signed up i expect this to wane in the future,why play a lower side if their not a ftp and icc can't enforce it.
Yes i agree bangladesh should play afghanistan and ireland in one dayers,and more minnow sides in t20 to build up their shot confidence in t20.
What i am pissed about is the funding cut to0 nations outside the associates 6 one day sides.
Good cricket australia sewing much money into the png side.
Old April 3, 2015, 09:45 AM
ODI Cricketer

WOW! more cricket for us........ a four-nation tournament to be held in November this year.
http://www.bdnews24.com/en/detail/cricket/949055

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old April 3, 2015, 10:40 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by senman
BCCI publish on how and what they spend the money on in their website. I suggest you read it.

We are a billion plus populated country, our cricketers(domestic players) were payed pittance before IPL. Is it wrong to see the facilities and players salary improve/increase in India?

I am not supporting BCCI but do you see England or Spain or any other football country sharing it's revenue with India, football(soccer) needs money to grow in India but no country is willing to spend it over here, why so? It's the responsibility of the country's own sporting body to grow sport in their respective countries. ICC/ FIFA can help but can't be communists.

Huge revenues generated in/by/because of India, it justifies the bigger cut. As I said the graph misleads and doesn't show the holistic picture.
What India generates through IPL or Bilateral series .. None is asking for any share from that money, so that neutralizes your football analogy. FIFA doesn't pay so much to the developed federations as the ICC does to Inda.

I don't agree that India generates this money. It's the indian companies who are benefitting through advertisements in cricket tournaments, they arent doing any charity. Money should be shared pretty evenly or according to the matches played in the tournaments and on win loss basis, through which ICC earned.
Old April 3, 2015, 10:43 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
... ICC/ FIFA can help but can't be communists.
1) FIFA is independent. No major country has a hold of its finances. The World cup revenue is distributed to other nations proportionately. If Brazil, Germany are the biggest revenue getter for FIFA, they are not getting a bigger cut than BD or Bhutan for development. Imagine the contribution to FIFA $$$s by those four (4) countries mentioned. Certainly Brazil, Germany could ask for a bigger share, right? They may have asked who knows. However, FIFA's goal is globalization not trying to please their biggest revenue getter.

2) ICC - had the similar intent. That is how SL, Zim, BD became a test nation; it was growing. Surely, current Ireland's team, structure are better than BD's before the test status. Had it been the old ICC, Ireland would have gotten a test status by now. No denying the fact.

3) With the coalition of the big three, ICC is no longer in the path to increase its test memberships. This would decrease the cut of everyone's share (money). That is why a relegation process is being implemented. #10 position will be fought by #10 and #11 from now on. No Permanent #11. Not only that, as Donald said, the rich took out the funding for the poor and pocketed that.

4) ICC CEO Richardson speaks against associated members openly. He even undermines regular (old) members to support the Big three. That is unfortunate.

In future, please do not lump FIFA and ICC in to one sentence. They are not similar. Both are corrupted, I will give you that.
Quote:
It doesn't justify bigger cut when ICC is preaching globalization. See Brazil-Germany example above.

Another example would be, 90% of the poor generates over 80% of the revenue yet gets less than 5% (I am being generous, give and take few %s). In almost EVERY COUNRTY. So justification can be made that the poor gets at least 60% of the revenue, no?
Old April 3, 2015, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
What India generates through IPL or Bilateral series .. None is asking for any share from that money, so that neutralizes your football analogy. FIFA doesn't pay so much to the developed federations as the ICC does to Inda.

I don't agree that India generates this money. It's the indian companies who are benefitting through advertisements in cricket tournaments, they arent doing any charity. Money should be shared pretty evenly or according to the matches played in the tournaments and on win loss basis, through which ICC earned.
You already pointed out the problem. Everyone wants to have bilateral series with India. That's where BCCI gets powerful and says that they won't tour (and play IPL for 3 months) in case their larger share is not accepted. Similarly, they said they won't play in WCs. I believe the other board members did the homework and understood without India how much the revenue loss would be. Instead if they agree to India's proposal, how much the loss would be. The latter came out less and hence the agreement. Some of the boards agreed early, some took time to run their calculations.

To counter BCCI, first thing needs to be done is to create a competing market outside of Indian spectators. These days I see no four or five nation tournaments taking place without India. Those need to be back. There should be more T-20 tournaments because it takes less resources to arrange one such tournament. BCB is not interested in NZ touring BD, because those tours were not profitable. But things change a lot in T-20s. These need to be tried out. Things look tough but not impossible.
Old April 3, 2015, 11:28 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon
You already pointed out the problem. Everyone wants to have bilateral series with India. That's where BCCI gets powerful and says that they won't tour (and play IPL for 3 months) in case their larger share is not accepted. Similarly, they said they won't play in WCs. I believe the other board members did the homework and understood without India how much the revenue loss would be. Instead if they agree to India's proposal, how much the loss would be. The latter came out less and hence the agreement. Some of the boards agreed early, some took time to run their calculations.

To counter BCCI, first thing needs to be done is to create a competing market outside of Indian spectators. These days I see no four or five nation tournaments taking place without India. Those need to be back. There should be more T-20 tournaments because it takes less resources to arrange one such tournament. BCB is not interested in NZ touring BD, because those tours were not profitable. But things change a lot in T-20s. These need to be tried out. Things look tough but not impossible.
And if INDIA threatens to not take part in Worl Cup (Which is only possible for a country like India to imagine) how much India gets? "0" ? So it's not a logic that you use for ICC or others, it's equally applicable for India too....so it's just shameless mafia ism and corruption nothing else...that can't be countered. Only when the game will be destroyed, this will stop.

If people want to play bilateral series with India, they are equally benefitting. So that doesn't mean India should get a disproportionate share from ICC.
Old April 3, 2015, 11:38 AM

Quote:
And if INDIA threatens to not take part in Worl Cup (Which is only possible for a country like India to imagine) how much India gets? "0" ?
India can play IPL instead and every Indian will glue into IPL and skip WC. That's the thing BCCI explained to the boards and they were convinced. Whether its true or not is unknown but given that most of the boards were eventually convinced, I can take it for granted unless proven otherwise.
Old April 4, 2015, 11:36 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon
India can play IPL instead and every Indian will glue into IPL and skip WC. That's the thing BCCI explained to the boards and they were convinced. Whether its true or not is unknown but given that most of the boards were eventually convinced, I can take it for granted unless proven otherwise.
That India is still playing even along side playing world cups, so that's at additional income for them too. If that works for other boards, that should work for India too..if indian companies wants to do business in international markets, they will come out with sponsorship. No business is giving out money on charity or on request from BCCI.

Because most of the boards didn't want to bargain like a fish market with the greedy Gang of BCCI...but these are no reasons that you are showing.
Old April 5, 2015, 03:12 PM

Quote:
That India is still playing even along side playing world cups, so that's at additional income for them too. If that works for other boards, that should work for India too..if indian companies wants to do business in international markets, they will come out with sponsorship. No business is giving out money on charity or on request from BCCI.

Because most of the boards didn't want to bargain like a fish market with the greedy Gang of BCCI...but these are no reasons that you are showing.
I don't think Indian companies who wants to do business outside use cricket as a marketing channel. I haven't heard of any such example. Sahara could have been one but that's now well gone.
Old April 5, 2015, 06:03 PM

Quote:
This should be the same reason why Associates used to get lower cut of money even if they end up being in World Cup Semis. What all boards did with Associates for years, BCCI did the same with others. They will come back asking for a bigger share by 2023.
Old April 5, 2015, 06:19 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Alastair Cook

A test vs India against India next year? like they are doing a favor? not a F should be given by BCB on this.
You cant call that a tour.
Old April 5, 2015, 08:24 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee and Enamul jr

when aus will become powerless in cricket the cricket will come to an end because India will its real corruption then.
Old April 6, 2015, 12:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Fuzzy i doubt CA becoming weak or the ecb,the other boards are having worsening situation with cuts,the associates are gone,ireland will remain on the backbench depending on if they win the intercontinentel cup(they will have county players for that).They if they win or afghanistan will get their chance in 2018 to most probably play zimbabwe home and away.
As to the india a tour by india dunno if it will happen,modi would be pressurising it to happen,and likely presserising india pakistan to not happen.
Old April 6, 2015, 01:00 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav
A test vs India against India next year? like they are doing a favor? not a F should be given by BCB on this.
You cant call that a tour.
If I am not mistaken, one off test is not counted for rating purposes. So basically it is just a goodwill gesture, symbolic, HHS.
Old April 6, 2015, 07:44 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
If I am not mistaken, one off test is not counted for rating purposes. So basically it is just a goodwill gesture, symbolic, HHS.
That is not true. We lost points due to losing the one off test vs ZIM in 2011. One off ODIs in the world cup count so should one off Tests. I am not aware of any such exception for one off Tests. Even so, a good result is a good result. Rankings only came out in 2002, tests have been played since 1877. Win, loss will count and so will centuries and fivers.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 6, 2015, 11:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

It's very odd but in most of the references I found in connection with points calculation for ODI and Test ranking they mention only the series' which consist of 2 or more matches are taken into account