facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Who should bat at #4 for Bangladesh in ODIs?
Mahmudullah RIYAD 17 80.95%
Mushfiqur RAHIM 4 19.05%
Shakib AL HASAN 0 0%
Mominul HAQUE 0 0%
Shabbir RAHMAN 0 0%
Nasir HOSSAIN 0 0%
Other (please specify who) 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 31, 2015, 08:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes
Default 2015 ODI BanglaCricket XI - No. 4 Batsmen

Mother Thread: http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=45862

Which should be the no. 4 batsmen for Bangladesh in ODIs?

Make a selection in the poll above for your BanglaCricket #4 batsmen. Make sure you vote asap as the poll will expire in 5 days.

So far the team looks like this.

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Anamul Haque
3. Soumya Sarkar

Discuss.

Old March 31, 2015, 09:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

No brainer, obvs Mullah
Old March 31, 2015, 09:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Old March 31, 2015, 01:08 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

That #2 Anamul is not a true representative of Banglacricket. You need to put a disclaimer in there. The voting closed way too early. Not every one had a chance to vote. If these threads were pinned (Sticky) at least some of us could see. It got buried with other threads.

A forum as such must need enough time for voting. Instead of releasing one position at a time, why not create all at one time and leave it open. That would be much less time consuming. You can accumulate data much faster.
Old March 31, 2015, 01:52 PM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

Mahmudullah Riyad. I don't really have anything much to say other than that he has been doing very well at that position ever since he got promoted.
Old March 31, 2015, 02:08 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

I don't prefer either one of those openers. Might as well open with a can opener. Tamim desperately needs a rest, Anamul is nursing injury.
Old March 31, 2015, 02:59 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
That #2 Anamul is not a true representative of Banglacricket. You need to put a disclaimer in there. The voting closed way too early. Not every one had a chance to vote. If these threads were pinned (Sticky) at least some of us could see. It got buried with other threads.

A forum as such must need enough time for voting. Instead of releasing one position at a time, why not create all at one time and leave it open. That would be much less time consuming. You can accumulate data much faster.
agreed......
Old April 1, 2015, 06:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye

how do you know the #2 anamul is not a true representation of BC? I noticed you didnt bother to read the OP of that thread because u assumed litton needed only 2 votes BUT AS I SAID people voted more than 2 times so hence their vote didnt get counted. Fyi the "Your BanglaCricket XI" thread is sticky and im updating EVERYTHING thru that thread with all the polls and everything so its not my fault you didnt bother to click on that thread because if you did then you would have seen all the polls.

5 days is ENOUGH. MAJORITY OF PEOPLE vote within the first 2 or 3 days and afterwards barely anyone votes. Rules are rules just cos you missed out on ur vote doesnt mean the whole system is wrong and that it needs to be changed lol, and besides its not like you missing anamul's vote would have made a difference. Leaving all polls open at the same time? lolwut. So if ur saying Anamul gets the most votes for both the opening and no. 3 batting position are you saying i should put both Anamul and Anamul as #2 and #3 slots? LOL.

The way im doing its the best way. Ive used this exact method previously and it worked perfectly and it generated a very good team XI that 95% of BC were very content with and so its not gonna change now or ever. Next time actually bother to click on the Your BanglaCricket XI thread and there shouldnt be an issue

Last edited by BengaliPagol; April 1, 2015 at 06:51 AM..
Old April 1, 2015, 06:20 AM
ODI Cricketer

^^ Litton Das got one vote less than Anamul Haque. Hence he deserves a special mention. Why don't you select Litton Das as 12th man or stand-by for Anamul?
Old April 1, 2015, 06:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket4All
^^ Litton Das got one vote less than Anamul Haque. Hence he deserves a special mention. Why don't you select Litton Das as 12th man or stand-by for Anamul?
NO HE DIDNT.

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...4&postcount=42

as ive explained countless amount of times some people who voted on the poll voted for 3 or more people at the same time hence their votes didn't count because the poll asked for only 2 votes.

Because some members didn't listen to instructions and made my job harder i had to go thru the votes and recount them again. It was clearly explained on the OP of that thread.
Old April 1, 2015, 08:12 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP
NO HE DIDNT.

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...4&postcount=42

as ive explained countless amount of times some people who voted on the poll voted for 3 or more people at the same time hence their votes didn't count because the poll asked for only 2 votes. ....
May be instead of 1-2 you should have opened a thread with #1. Then open a thread with #2 excluding the person who got voted in for #1. Why make life complicated? A recount may be?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BP
how do you know the #2 anamul is not a true representation of BC?...
5 days is ENOUGH. MAJORITY OF PEOPLE vote within the first 2 or 3 days and afterwards barely anyone votes.
Because
1) I am a regular member who usually do not leave any thread go by without reading and I didn't see the voting thread. If a regular member like me missed it, there has to be others who missed it as well. There has to be more than 25 people regular in this site who want to participate in something like this.

2) Not every member has the time to visit the site every day. However, they are also part of BC. Some login in weekends, some in weekdays. You have to understand this simple fact. You must give them opportunity to vote. A minimum of 8 days for any voting (considering the time differences) is a must. Timing it with two weekends 10 days is the best way to go if you must put a cap.

That is how I know the #2 Anamul is not true representation of BC. You have taken up a massive job. I, as a fan appreciate that. A minor tweak here and there is needed. Please consider 10 days minimum if you have to have a time limit. Also reach out to a MOD or ADMIN, and ask them to pin the thread(s). That way, most regulars can see it. We are like a family here. You need to seek help when needed.
Old April 1, 2015, 08:26 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
... Fyi the "Your BanglaCricket XI" thread is sticky and im updating EVERYTHING thru that thread with all the polls and everything so its not my fault you didnt bother to click on that thread because if you did then you would have seen all the polls.
Thanks for the info but what good would that do? How would people know when the voting for #5, #6 begins and ends from that sticky? It was too late when I clicked for 1-2. The poll was closed. Do you not see the problem?

The polling thread(s) needs to be sticky. That is why I asked you reach out to the Mods and explain them.

Or

Then at least put the dates when the other positions poll would start and end in that mother thread. That way at least we would be informed.
Old April 1, 2015, 09:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla, Joe Root

I urge people to be sincere in their voting choices and i urge them and ask them to be consistent in voting options. This means that if you voted for Anamul Haque at #3, you can't vote for him at #2 for example....

I chose:
1. Litton Das
2. Soumya Sarkar
3. Mahmudullah
4. Mushfiq
so obviously it is not really an accurate representation of what i really want if i choose Mahmudullah in both polls..... at #3 and #4 respectively is it?
Old April 1, 2015, 10:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
I urge people to be sincere in their voting choices and i urge them and ask them to be consistent in voting options. This means that if you voted for Anamul Haque at #3, you can't vote for him at #2 for example....

I chose:
1. Litton Das
2. Soumya Sarkar
3. Mahmudullah
4. Mushfiq
so obviously it is not really an accurate representation of what i really want if i choose Mahmudullah in both polls..... at #3 and #4 respectively is it?
What you're saying is understandable but with how this process is being conducted people may change their choices due the voting results. If the poll results don't reflect your own then some may rethink based on the polls rather than just vote on what their ideal team, it rather becomes their ideal team based on what has happened and not their out right ideal team if I'm making sense.
Old April 2, 2015, 12:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat

I chose:
1. Litton Das
2. Soumya Sarkar
3. Mahmudullah
4. Mushfiq
I think your choice of 3 and 4 is excellent. For some reason the coach and captain didnt want Sarkar to open and Riyad to play at 3. Although technically the openers were always getting out and in any case Sarkar and Mahmudullah had to bat against new ball.

Important to have Mushfiq at 4. He is the big innings player. Needs to see as much overs as possible.
Old April 2, 2015, 12:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla, Joe Root

As Much as I respect or value Tamim and his international cricketing experience, His inability to convert easy 2s into threes more often then not will see Bangladesh 10-12 runs short in most Innings and that's my main reason why I did not vote for him. I still rate his 95 against Scotland pretty highly because when Tamim Iqbal gets a good score it sets up a solid platform for guys like Shakib, Rahim and Sabbir to play their cameo innings later on. so it was a 50/50 call from me.
Old April 8, 2015, 05:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Congratulations to Mahmudullah for being picked in the BC XI