facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 5, 2005, 01:53 PM
Test Cricketer

Let's not get too wound up with what Jones did or should have done. Besides we were lucky with some LBW decisions, dropped catches and edges going through the slip cordon, things even out. Unlike Latif and Multan, which was a close test, this wouldn't have made much of a difference. We would still have been tonked in under three days.

Old June 5, 2005, 02:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Quote:
Originally posted by mwrkhan
Let's not get too wound up with what Jones did or should have done. Besides we were lucky with some LBW decisions, dropped catches and edges going through the slip cordon, things even out. Unlike Latif and Multan, which was a close test, this wouldn't have made much of a difference. We would still have been tonked in under three days.
This is so true. the Latif case was under different circumstances.
Old June 5, 2005, 07:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Chinaman Bhai has been reallty busy in this thread!!!
Old June 6, 2005, 02:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Looks like match officials agree with Rob. From the Guardian-

"TV footage clearly showed that Jones had taken the ball on the bounce, but Hurst rejected Bangladesh's complaint, deciding the footage was inconclusive or that Jones himself could not have been sure whether the ball had carried."

Edited on, June 6, 2005, 7:09 AM GMT, by TheWatcher.
Old June 6, 2005, 02:24 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Saeed Anwar

Quote:
Originally posted by TheWatcher
Looks like match officials agree with Rob. From the Guardian-

"TV footage clearly showed that Jones had taken the ball on the bounce, but Hurst rejected Bangladesh's complaint, deciding the footage was inconclusive or that Jones himself could not have been sure whether the ball had carried."
Predicted results, how can you ever convict an English player based on complains from Bangladesh

Think about what would have happended if Khaled Mashud did that, we would have lost our test status for sure!
Old June 6, 2005, 09:28 AM
Cricket Sage

What do expect from the gutless umps who are trying save their own a[][]? If this is non-conclusive, then I don't know what is conclusive then. And most of the comentator mentioned/agreed during the incident that Jones should have known better.
Old June 6, 2005, 11:01 AM
Administrator

It is time for everyone to take a deep breath and let it go. Keep your energies for the NatWest tournie.
Old June 6, 2005, 01:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

bangladeshi batsmen should wait until the replays r done in the natwest series against england for all the wktkpr catch or may be apeal by default cause u never know which he took and which he didn't
Old June 6, 2005, 01:22 PM
Cricket Sage

Its a catch 20-20. In that case they will all loose their game money.
Old June 6, 2005, 03:58 PM
Cricket Legend

It is now official that Jones is Dhua Tulsi.

Cricinfo

Allen Hurst: "On the evidence presented, the actions of the player did not breach the ICC Code of Conduct. Video evidence of the incident was inconclusive, and the player's intent was not proven."
Old June 6, 2005, 04:11 PM
First Class Cricketer

First of all, NO the video is not inconclusive. It clearly shows that the ball bounced.

However, i don't think Jones realized that it bounced off - it happened so fast and his glove was so close to the ground, that it would almost be impossible for a human to realize that.

I think we should give Jones a break.
Old June 6, 2005, 04:20 PM
Street Cricketer

If he were a man he would show it to the crowd.
Since what Jones did is feminine. May be it is the way he plays. Poor Jones.....
I am glad no player in Bd team acts like him.
Cheers...
Old June 6, 2005, 04:24 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by paco
First of all, NO the video is not inconclusive. It clearly shows that the ball bounced.

However, i don't think Jones realized that it bounced off - it happened so fast and his glove was so close to the ground, that it would almost be impossible for a human to realize that.

I think we should give Jones a break.
why we should give him a break........???he is a human not angel thats why we cant give him a break

he will be always like Mirjafor to us.........lol

Edited on, June 6, 2005, 9:26 PM GMT, by bangladeshlive.
Old June 6, 2005, 06:22 PM
ODI Cricketer

It wasn't intentional. Does this really look the kind of person who would cheat on purpose, don't think so? Just shy me thinks.

Click Here

Anyway, mods, if I mention this subject please ban me for my own good. Thanks.
Old June 6, 2005, 06:59 PM
Retired BC Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by rob22888
It wasn't intentional. Does this really look the kind of person who would cheat on purpose, don't think so? Just shy me thinks.
Well, the motive is right here:

"We set ourselves the goal yesterday (Saturday) of winning in two days - and if you set yourself goals you like to achieve them," Vaughan said. "I think we went searching for wickets rather than sticking to our disciplines and building pressure that way."

BTW, feel free to debate within the board rules which appliy to everybody.
Old June 6, 2005, 07:35 PM
Test Cricketer

it wasnt intentional? anybody that plays cricket knows that if a fielder misses a catch he knows that he missed it. lbw or runout decisions maybe little difficult to figure out. but when jones caught that ball he knew he missed the catch. others in the team may appeal for out because since it was very close even the umpire may thought it was out. but english wicket keeper knew that he missed the catch.
Old June 6, 2005, 08:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Well, it is very disturbing the way Iqball got out, and as a fan it is kind a hard to forgive Jones, but I think he should be given the benefit of doubt whether he intentionally got Iqbal out. You can't just blow away all the probable reasons Rob said as impossibles. After all Jones never appealed for the wicket. So he can be at best labeled as a coward who did not correct the umps knowingly since his crazy teammates wanted to finish the game as early as possible.

It is Vaughan who is the real culprit ("I have not seen the reply"- what a liar!!!) who knowingly refused to do the right thing. ICC can't do anything about it at this point. Faruq said he will ask the ICC in next meeting to give the match referee more power to prevent this kind of incidents happening.

Anyway, silly umpiring mistakes are part of cricket. Regardless of how much technology you put in their, still once a while you will see this kind of disturbing things happening.
Old June 6, 2005, 10:31 PM
Retired BC Admin

See the video clip from this thread >>
Old June 7, 2005, 01:17 AM
Club Cricketer

If someone goes to the BBC TMS messageboard, you will see thread after thread where the pommies declare that they saw the incident themselves and they are absolutely sure that the video footage was inconclusive. Man! You could feel your blood boiling after this fiasco. Thanks to chinaman and Bangladeshlive for the video clip that will shut their trap for GOOD.
Old June 7, 2005, 03:58 PM
Test Cricketer

Rob

Ok man. Fianlly I watched the video of the catch and now I can actually talk about the cleanliness of the catch. TO be very honest.. I also think that the catch was not properly taken and the Inclusive evidance that you talked about is ineeded very much conclusive. I watched many many times and I can only say that.. Jones, Flitoff, Vaughan, all knew that the ball bounced before the catch was taken and it was really straight forward. Whether this wrong decsion could have changed the nature of the game.. i cant say abou that. But.. I believe the anger and rage created inside BC forum against this dismissal.. surely has a real valid reason.. LIke many of this forum, I also think that the video evidence is anyting but inclusive and its a pity that being such a super cricketing power, England couldnt play the fair game.

I am also very much surprised at the reply from match Refree. How the earth cant he see this incident??

Ciao
Ejaj
Old June 7, 2005, 05:21 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Courtney Walsh

Quote:
How exactly did Vaughan not see the replay?
Bangladesh should report it I think, although I remain slightly undecided over whether it is 100% conclusive the ball didn't carry.
It says is that report that Latf got suspended for five ODIs after a similair incident in a test match.
Well, I certainly won't be complaining if Jones gets banned from ODIs, as I have said before, Reads a better keeper and a top slogger down the order. An allround better option I think.
Rob - the ball was about to hit the ground, but seeing Mr. English Wicketkeeper diving hard it felt pity...so, in the mid air it stopped, until Mr. English Wicketkeeper had his invaluable fingure underneath the ball...then it went inside Mr. English Wicketkeeper's glove like a rabbit goes inside it's hole...and sophisticated gentlemen Mr. English Captain was so worried about the Aussie thunders that he didn't even look up at the replay (where the world was looking at) in fear that he might see the Aussie plane flying in....also interesting enough that none of the other 9 Mr. English players looked at the big screen, most probably they were in the same bandwagon with their el-capitan.

FEEL HAPPY....

Edited on, June 8, 2005, 6:10 AM GMT, by brikonwall.
Old June 7, 2005, 05:25 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:

Click Here

Anyway, mods, if I mention this subject please ban me for my own good. Thanks.
Hey, isn't this the same wicket keeper of a so called "mighty" team who cheated to beat a so called "minnows"?

You should've also added his boss' pic who authorized him to do so...oh, I found it...here it is...

http://content.cricinfo.com/england/...yer/22182.html
Old June 7, 2005, 05:28 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Ejaj
I am also very much surprised at the reply from match Refree. How the earth cant he see this incident??
May be, he was told that if he sees it, he will not be officially called a "cheater"....and only the English players will be known as cheaters....so he felt bad...

Edited on, June 7, 2005, 10:32 PM GMT, by brikonwall.