facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 7, 2005, 09:15 AM
Cricket Sage

Give him a break. May be he meant:

1. Dav is on Fire
2. Dav was angry like fire.

or something like that

Old June 7, 2005, 09:34 AM
ODI Cricketer

You have very different point view. Interesting Elaboration!
Old June 7, 2005, 09:53 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Fazal
Give him a break. May be he meant:

1. Dav is on Fire
2. Dav was angry like fire.

or something like that
Nice try Fazal. Unfortunately Kaiser explained what he meant by "Dav" and "Fire" elaborately in his post.
Old June 7, 2005, 10:51 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Courtney Walsh

then there are topics that makes sense...then there is this topic...
Old June 7, 2005, 10:55 AM
ODI Cricketer

My guess would be,
Kaiser is great "vokto" of Azam Mahmud, Jaijaidin's sports writer. This writer writes most of the columns translated from another source, but never shows a courtesy to refer the source name. Anyway, coming to the point, you might be interested to see this article, http://www.jaijaidin.com/may31/pdf/sports.pdf
Old June 7, 2005, 11:30 AM
Club Cricketer

First of all this is a useless thread. Second, there is no point of arguing on this idea...period.
Old June 7, 2005, 04:03 PM
Test Cricketer

Firing anyone is never the solution. Coach can only show some guidence.. but.. its the player who need to play in the field. So.. dont just blame coach like that.

About players.. i still wont blame them much. They had to face many tough things in this tour.. not to mention .. the notorious English media.. So. they generally were nervous and it was a difficult conditin all togerther in the pitch. So.. let us just give them some break and lower our expectation a bit more. Just keep the faith. This team wil rise when time will come.
Old June 7, 2005, 04:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Quote:
Originally posted by crickwizard
Bring back the u-10 coach Richard Mc to replace what-more(?)
Good luck with that. He already got a really good job in Australia. Plus there is no team called the Under 10. Dont you thinks thats a little to young. Its Under 19....

as for this topic. Why are we going back to the thing about firing Whatmore. Plus one bad series doesnt mean the end of the world. There was that series against NZ which i say was horrible.

And anyhow, who will replace him... Kamal...... Nixon????

Edited on, June 7, 2005, 9:21 PM GMT, by aka.
Old June 7, 2005, 04:38 PM
ODI Cricketer

This is the problem with BD cricket organization. When the team wins (vs Zim) which is rare, the coaches, all the players are the best. When team loses, managers, owners, uncles, grandpaas every one starts pointing fingers. They have nothing better do but thinking that firing a coach or dopping players will fix our present and future outcome.

Example: BD wins vs ZIM! Rightaway BD signs a new contract with Dav Whatmore. Not even two months later some wants to fire him. And the manager starting to point finger at him.
Asrafull said that he faced weakest bowling attack against zim in international level. But he batted very poorly, even then there was no talk about dropping him from the team. The reason for that the team was winning!
We should be thinking about how to improve our team with what we have. Dropping telents like Asrafull or firing coach like Dav won't help this team because we don't have any better players or better coaches and we are a new cricket country.
So people, brothers, sisters, uncles, everyone be patient, wake up and smarten up!

Edited on, June 7, 2005, 9:44 PM GMT, by Logen.
Old June 7, 2005, 04:43 PM
ODI Cricketer

Edited on, June 7, 2005, 9:44 PM GMT, by Logen.
Old June 7, 2005, 05:01 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally posted by ISmacker
My guess would be,
Kaiser is great "vokto" of Azam Mahmud, Jaijaidin's sports writer. This writer writes most of the columns translated from another source, but never shows a courtesy to refer the source name. Anyway, coming to the point, you might be interested to see this article, http://www.jaijaidin.com/may31/pdf/sports.pdf
That guy is hilarious! I've read his "articles" before.

[Mod: deleted.

Warning: Publishing someone's email address without permission is a severe breach of etiquette. Additionally, soliciting spam to be directed towards an user or a site is a criminal activity. Consider this a strike 1]

Edited on, June 7, 2005, 10:46 PM GMT, by Zunaid.
Old June 7, 2005, 05:07 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Spitfire, banglaCricket has some reputation and asking to put someone's email address to spam websites is not gonna help that anyway. you can send some constrictive criticism to him instead. I once sent him a email with some correction and he replyed back. I refered to a source of BC and he said he visits this forum sometimes. so, its not even a bad idea to post the criticism here as well in case you have valid points. but spaming..... no, not a good idea.
Old June 7, 2005, 05:15 PM
Cricket Legend

I'm not forcing anybody to do anything. Just an idea, if somebody don't like it then they're free to ignore it

And the regular preaching about BanglaCricket forum's holiness is very annoying. it's not the offcial website of BCB. It's just a forum of a fansite :duh:

Edited on, June 7, 2005, 10:16 PM GMT, by Spitfire_x86.
Old June 7, 2005, 05:20 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Rubel, Ashraful, Tamim

Quote:
Originally posted by TeamManager
KaisarMatin please clarrify your post a little bit more for us. Why do u think whatmore should be fired? Do u have reasons like this:

1. He dont have the real passion to coach Bangladesh anymore?
2. Do u think McInnes would be better than whatmore?
If u think so why do u think so?
3. Is coaching Bangladesh ruinning whatmore's carrier?
4. Is he not successful enough?
5. Is he driving just for money like writing sports column in the various printed and electronic media?

You might have other good reasons to fire him. I dont know. Please clariffy your post when you post something that important
I am answering for him.

1. He dont have the real passion to coach Bangladesh anymore: yes
2. Do u think McInnes would be better than whatmore: yes
If u think so why do u think so : He improved our under 19 team. And he is tough coach. Read what Mushfiquir said about him in Daily Star.
3. Is coaching Bangladesh ruinning whatmore's carrier: He thinks so.
4. Is he not successful enough: He is succesful. Now, he does not have passion to coach Bangladesh Team.
5. Is he driving just for money like writing sports column in the various printed and electronic media: I don't know.

Edited on, June 7, 2005, 10:23 PM GMT, by amra_korbo_joy.
Old June 7, 2005, 05:21 PM
Street Cricketer

Our players have temperment problem every coach who trained BD teams told that every commentators say that, others team captian says that. Virtually all the cricket fans know that.
First let our players set their minds. It is a mental game as much as physical. We are ok with physical but not with mental. The players are admitting that.
So the problem is with players not the coach.
Old June 7, 2005, 05:22 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

spitfire, about the bold part of your post: yes and no. true, theoritically we are just a fan site. but in practice we represent bangladesh cricket on the web. anywhere a link for bangladesh cricket is needed its ours. just do a link: http//www.banglacricket.com/ in google and you will see. this is probably because there is no official site (please dont' remind me of www.tigercricket.com ) for bangladesh cricket. so many people take us as the official site. and with this respect comes some responsibility.

but i see your point too

cheers.
Old June 7, 2005, 05:46 PM
Administrator

Sptifire, please note the edited comments in your post.

Old June 7, 2005, 07:02 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any consistent performer

I got a little bit carried away. I agree firing the coach is no solution. He is a good coach no doubt. But I did not expect so many respnses. I hate to see BD cricket team spinsters portraying all the past achievements? Win against a low quality Indian and Zimbawbe team is not BD should be proud off. IF BD can beat either NZ or ENGLAND in the one dayers; we earn some damage control. We Bangladeshi get too emotional. Last time I was in Bangladesh all my friends hated me for my frank observations and called me names. Friends, we have a long way to go. Let's not get carried away. The statistics is not in our favor. I hate to call this team TIGERS. MEAOW would be more appropriate.

Kaiser
Old June 7, 2005, 07:07 PM
ODI Cricketer

Anyways New Zealend is not better than India. India is better test and ODI. Just a point
Old June 7, 2005, 08:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Com'on Dave, cheer up. Greg Chapel is only making $20-30 K more than what you are getting per year.
Old June 7, 2005, 08:36 PM
ODI Cricketer

Moderators, seriously, can you delete this thread?

Keep some things in mind

- Quality of posts have been rapidly deteriorating over the last few months
- This board is one of the most public aspects of our thoughts on cricket. Imagine an outsider clicking on a link from BBC and reading this. They will think that the entire country thinks like this.
Old June 7, 2005, 09:16 PM
Bangla amar Maa
Unregistered

What kinda topic is this ? If you wanna fire him you can do it we are very much happy with him also i must add when you fire him then don't forget to take some bullets with you ........ :P

Edited on, June 8, 2005, 2:17 AM GMT, by Bangla amar Maa.
Old June 7, 2005, 09:17 PM
Club Cricketer

I think that people are trying to increase their posting amounts to be popular and a first class cricketer by posting unnncessary. What rubbish.
Old June 8, 2005, 01:23 AM
Cricket Legend

oooooh! strike 1!!

I'm SCARED!!!!!

btw, I could easily get away with posting similar stuff few months ago. now we have too many acitve moderators in this forum, which is bad