facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 9, 2005, 11:45 AM
ODI Cricketer

well he was definitely a better thinking cricketer than Sumon, no doubt about it. But he didn't have any performance talent in him, which is why it is so difficult to keep his spot in the team.
Specially for a weak team like ours, we can't afford to play with 10-1/2 players(btw- i don't mean to disrespect his size but he IS 5'2" or 5'3").
When I spoke to Dav, even though he didn't admit it- but I was sure that, that was the feeling in his head too!

Old June 9, 2005, 03:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Fazal
We can make fun of ChaCha's all-round figure, we can argue against ChaCha's inclusion in Test team or even one-day team currently.

But all said and done, at the end of the day during his retirement time (this thread all about that) if we cannot see his past contribution and unable to show our appreciation, what can I say.... shouldn't we be termed as either ignorant fan or nimok haram?

Well Said.
Old June 9, 2005, 03:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by chyicarus
well he was definitely a better thinking cricketer than Sumon, no doubt about it. But he didn't have any performance talent in him, which is why it is so difficult to keep his spot in the team.
Specially for a weak team like ours, we can't afford to play with 10-1/2 players(btw- i don't mean to disrespect his size but he IS 5'2" or 5'3").
When I spoke to Dav, even though he didn't admit it- but I was sure that, that was the feeling in his head too!
May be you are right.
But it became very difficult to believe "talking to Dev Whatmore" type thing. Meeting Dave in Bank Counter, Restaurant etc. and disclosing internal information has become a "fashionable crap” in this forum.
Old June 9, 2005, 05:21 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

arey what will we do without chacchu in odi's? our bowling will get murdered!
Old June 9, 2005, 11:04 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

I hope this bit of news about his retirement on Channel I is true. He will be a good manager though. I am sure he will serve as a selector in the future. Just hope that he doesn't show any favor towards players that are moulded half baked like him once in the helm.
Old June 9, 2005, 11:17 PM
Test Cricketer

shujon has been the most talked about player in this forumn. i think he is alot better cricketer then we gave him credit for. personally i believe that he should not retire rightnow. he can play another year. as a shujon fan i want him to retire in bangladesh. but i guess he decided not to play front of those ignarent fans that showed him the shoe and booed him. we are emotional people but we should not be disrespectful. shujon is a great cricketer and a legend in our cricket. he rates along with akram bulbul nannu atahar as our countries cricket greats. i hope he doesnt retire but if he does i wish him best of luck. i would love to see him as a manager in our team.
Old June 9, 2005, 11:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by cricman
he needs to go out in style, We should let him captain the last ODI.
Sujon should have played his last match in Bangladesh infront of his home crowd..although I am not sure when will we play our next series.
Old June 9, 2005, 11:42 PM
Test Cricketer

Bangali ar kissu paruk are na paruk torko korte pare. Shabash Bangalir bitorko! Botorko jindabad.
Old June 10, 2005, 01:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

I just wish ( a wild one) that he contributes and wins the man of the match award and then announces his retirement,,,, now wouldnt that be something? Even if that doesnt happen,,, he will always be remembered for his amazing disbelief look in his face when he bowled out Pakistan.. Something that made all of the Bangladeshi sports fan around the world rejoice and feel proud..the day we created history.