facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 14, 2016, 08:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Saber bhai was great no doubt. But Papon has been quite impressive too.
Ditto

he has been undoubtedly rather professional and things have gone smoothly.

He was able to make BD cricket a more professional outfit in his tenure. Probably the best president we have had off late.

Old January 14, 2016, 09:11 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: ABD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
Ditto

he has been undoubtedly rather professional and things have gone smoothly.

He was able to make BD cricket a more professional outfit in his tenure. Probably the best president we have had off late.
And coincidently they both have same political background..

Go TIGERS GO...
Old January 14, 2016, 11:02 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: taskin / anamul

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Saber bhai was great no doubt. But Papon has been quite impressive too.
Yeah he was great for sitting down in the office and putting bcb money into his pocket while bangladesh sit down home wothout international cricket for 6 month , and than ireland invite bangladesh and corrupt papon say we cant send team to ireland cz than we gonna have to spend 1.5 core taka for that tour , i am sure saber bhai or mostofa kamal would do better than this awmilege propaganda president
Old January 14, 2016, 11:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynemesis
Yeah he was great for sitting down in the office and putting bcb money into his pocket while bangladesh sit down home wothout international cricket for 6 month , and than ireland invite bangladesh and corrupt papon say we cant send team to ireland cz than we gonna have to spend 1.5 core taka for that tour , i am sure saber bhai or mostofa kamal would do better than this awmilege propaganda president
Try to come to your senses. You are sounding like Ireland are some world beater team.

By our current standards beating Ireland isn't too difficult. If this was 2013-2014 then you had an argument

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old January 14, 2016, 11:22 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Saber and Kamal both are and were Awamileaguer. And i dont support this govt either. But fact is a fact.

So stop this spreading propaganda of 'Awamileague Propaganda'. Understand that.

Go TIGERS GO...
Old January 14, 2016, 11:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Nymesesis has always been creating hate psts against papon over the last 2 years

Old January 14, 2016, 01:13 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

I love Papon. I think he is the best BCB president ever. I also like Awami League when it comes to cricket and sports in general.
Old January 14, 2016, 02:02 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

Quote:
One of the reasons I love him so much. Last time BD toured Ireland we had to pay for the tour. I mean WTF seriously. We are a test playing nation visiting you and you refuse to pay even for our hotel rooms. So hosting Bangladesh is such a loss for you that you cant even rent us hotel rooms or pay for our ticket. I bet you payed when big daddy England toured you. These guys are seriously short sighted and thick in the head. They are lucky they had few good players coming at the same time combined with few australians rejects. Few years down the line they will be playing in 5th division just like Kenya and hosting honolulu. I hope honolulu make them pay. Suckers
Old January 14, 2016, 03:46 PM

Favorite Player: Mash

Ireland will not go down the path of kenya because of county cricket
Old January 15, 2016, 12:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Ireland will not go down the path of kenya because of county cricket
Debatable. Lot of people said the same about Scotland in the late 90's. Its taken them quite a while to find their feet back.
Old January 15, 2016, 12:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
I love Papon. I think he is the best BCB president ever. I also like Awami League when it comes to cricket and sports in general.
Correct. He seems to be able to look at the big picture.

For example: when the coach had issues with a Director, he stepped in and solved everything behind doors, without letting anything spiral out of control.

There is increased discipline. And seems like he is giving others the degree of autonomy they require. For example i doubt he is meddling into team selection matters etc. His predecessor openly overturned decisions of selectors to get things done the way he wanted.

If anyone wants to see how to badly run a sports institution just see the guys at BFF. Thankfully cricket is light years ahead.
Old January 15, 2016, 03:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Correct. He seems to be able to look at the big picture.

For example: when the coach had issues with a Director, he stepped in and solved everything behind doors, without letting anything spiral out of control.

There is increased discipline. And seems like he is giving others the degree of autonomy they require. For example i doubt he is meddling into team selection matters etc. His predecessor openly overturned decisions of selectors to get things done the way he wanted.

If anyone wants to see how to badly run a sports institution just see the guys at BFF. Thankfully cricket is light years ahead.
Agreed

Not a fan of politics or politicians. But papon has been exceptional. He and his team managed to arrange BPL-3 with a lot of professionalism
Old January 15, 2016, 04:17 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
Nymesesis has always been creating hate psts against papon over the last 2 years

Cz he is bad for bangladesh cricket , he corrupting the money the bcb are making , look at the field in newzeland playing against pakistan and look at the field in bangladesh vs zimbabwe in khulnah , its look lyk bangladesh is playign in some dirty field with some seats are stolen broken , but papon might dont even know about it cz he is careless whats goin on not passionate as much as saber hossain or kamal was , bangladesh can do better than that i am sure , he is not making the galley into second floor in khulnah , chittagong or sylhet even tho bangladesh has huge demand of spectator , chittagong dhaka khulan all development was done under kamal presidency , this corrupt papon just comes in the final game and hand the tropy and his job is done , he never thinks about how bangladesh can do better or dont think about the team or fans , and look at the gallery in khulnah today all the broken and stolen seats are still empty , papon not even bothering to get that fixed cz money will be spent , that stadium look like shi*** now cz of that
Old January 15, 2016, 07:55 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Only 4 ??
Old January 15, 2016, 08:02 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Cz he is bad for bangladesh cricket , he corrupting the money the bcb are making , look at the field in newzeland playing against pakistan and look at the field in bangladesh vs zimbabwe in khulnah , its look lyk bangladesh is playign in some dirty field with some seats are stolen broken , but papon might dont even know about it cz he is careless whats goin on not passionate as much as saber hossain or kamal was , bangladesh can do better than that i am sure , he is not making the galley into second floor in khulnah , chittagong or sylhet even tho bangladesh has huge demand of spectator , chittagong dhaka khulan all development was done under kamal presidency , this corrupt papon just comes in the final game and hand the tropy and his job is done , he never thinks about how bangladesh can do better or dont think about the team or fans , and look at the gallery in khulnah today all the broken and stolen seats are still empty , papon not even bothering to get that fixed cz money will be spent , that stadium look like shi*** now cz of that
Bhai what is wrong with putting a period or two (or five), in your sentences?

It is not hard. See I just place one. Look another one.

On topic: Papon has my vote. He made the right call during the BCCI initiated "Big Three" crisis period. Wrong move there and BCCI could have killed our cricket. He got us a great Coaching team in Hahuru, Heath Streak etc. We had our best ever year under his leadership. Performance is relative.. at least within BD standards He has done well so far.
Old January 15, 2016, 10:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
So you think that Papon is behind these stolen seats?

What if I told you that each stadium have people to look after it. There are people in charge of it, and if they need anything, they ask senior BCB folks for the money. Now, it is not Papon's duty to handle everything.

President is supposes to handle major decisions, if your caretakers are not able to stop people from "stealing" the stands or even keep the stadiums from getting dirty, whose fault is it? Papon should go to every stadium and clean the stadium?

And as someone with knowledge on civil engineering, you cannot make a single deck gallery into a double deck gallery without complete renovation, it just doesn't work that way. The foundation of the stadium need to be modified, extra structures need to be built and it would all look haphazard, and yes, the floodlights will also be a hinderance when you want to "expand" the stadium gallery.

And that will cost a huge amount of money, and the stadiums will not be available for a few years and we don't have that many stadiums that we can afford to renovate two of the stadiums.

Going back to your previous statement. Papon is just 1 of the few significant people responsible for BD cricket. If the others are not doing the greatest of job, you cannot blame Papon for it. If an entire batting side fails, do you put the shoulder of the blame to one batsman for the failure of others, or do you only blame him for his personal failure.
Old January 15, 2016, 10:53 AM
Cricket Sage

Idea of not sending Mustafizur to PSL came from the captain Mashrafee alone and it was shared with the coach and then with Papon. Both kind of agrees with Mashrafee's logic.

It was in the news media.

So if someone find smell of politics, should not only blame Papon, but should also blame Mashrafee (the mastermind of the idea) and the coach.

Didn't know that Mashrafee and coach joined BAL. When they joined BAL?
Old January 15, 2016, 01:38 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Idea of not sending Mustafizur to PSL came from the captain Mashrafee alone and it was shared with the coach and then with Papon. Both kind of agrees with Mashrafee's logic.

It was in the news media.

So if someone find smell of politics, should not only blame Papon, but should also blame Mashrafee (the mastermind of the idea) and the coach.

Didn't know that Mashrafee and coach joined BAL. When they joined BAL?
With Masrafe you can at least get hint that may be his mindset is little AwamiLeague like. (Just saying)

But Haturu that bold fella from Sri Lanka..
Awami really has a International Support Link..

Go TIGERS GO...
Old January 15, 2016, 02:00 PM

Favorite Player: Mash

musta should play PSL, so far he has only played in BD where fans cheered his every ball, playing in a alien environment will be a good exp for him before the WC
Old January 16, 2016, 06:52 AM
First Class Cricketer

all i am saying is this guy papon is not active lyk saber hossain or mostofa kamal who did so much for bangladesh cricket , bangladesh didnt play cricket for 6 month in 2014 but did he care ? papon was just busy with his own propaganda in government , but at the same time kamal arrange 3 series for bangladesh in 2013 when he was president between the six month gap , kamal made sure stadium was done perfectly all the bathroom seats everything was in perfect condition during his tenture in 2011 wc , and its happend cz he actually warned his stuff about this this this is why management done it properly , where on the other hand papon probbaly never asked hows the situation of spectator , australia made almost 1 billion from just tourism in wolrd cup , but what has this corrupt papon done during 2014 world t20 even tho their was was a huge tourism opportunity ? bangladesh miss out a huge tourism money due to lack of mangemnet , roads were not safe street was dirty , but when i went to watch the world cup 2011 under kamal presidency everythings was in so perfect place sidewalk to roads everythings was in so perfect place i met so many tourist in bangladesh that time , but 2014 its felt lyk it was street cricket goin on bangladesh , simply cz papon never took that seriously , we need a president who seriously love bangladesh cricket not who just sit their and hand the trophy on last day