facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 18, 2016, 11:01 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Default How come we don't have any recent articles?

The last one was published in April of 2015 by Zee.

Since then Bangladesh Cricket has climbed new heights. This forum should have been flooded by articles by the members. So what gives?

We successfully hosted BPL.

We are going to host Asia cup soon.

There will be World Cup in a month and few days.

Do you guys need more ideas?

Old January 18, 2016, 11:51 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Agreed, fans need to put their thoughts in writing. It is always fun to read free spirited BC articles. We hardly see any volunteers these days. If you want to nominate a good post to be published as article, you can use "Report this post" and bring it to our attention that it is frontpage worthy.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old January 21, 2016, 11:32 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

There are different outlets now. CI, Tigers website and other blogs. As aklemalp lamented social media ruined everything in a way for BC.
Old January 22, 2016, 12:18 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
There are different outlets now. CI, Tigers website and other blogs. As aklemalp lamented social media ruined everything in a way for BC.
BC suffered a brain drain. Tehsin, Beamer, and many other distinguished members with high IQs peaced out. I spend more time on the Zimbabwe forum, thats how boring BC is nowadays.

The alternative hypothesis is that BC has outlived its purpose. Majority of the hardcore fans joined when BD sucked balls. This was a place form us to cope, regroup, and pat each other on the backs for wasting our time following a pathetic team.

We are now a nearly established side. We don't need the therapy sessions anymore.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 22, 2016, 12:28 AM
Cricket Savant

So what do you suggest?
Old January 22, 2016, 01:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

I feel that the forum could affiliate itself with other associations for the sake of advertisement
Old January 22, 2016, 05:49 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
So what do you suggest?
Finding a lamp, rubbing it, and hoping a genie pops out.

And pray its the kind of genie that grants wishes.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 22, 2016, 11:07 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

These are some depressing posts! I feel like pressing the "Stop" button.

I do think lot of people got busy with life. Along with all the social media outlets reducing additional need to find yet another "outlet". We had lot of regulars with span of 2-3 years shelf-life. But after the expiry date, they gradually become MIA. It could be life, time and changing priorities.

With Bangladesh doing better in cricket, there is less need to vent your frustrations. Folks are happy. Live streaming is ubiquitous, no need to get excited with match thread.

At the same time, we haven't done anything great in BC to keep fans excited about. So its fair for folks to get bored and not show up.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old January 22, 2016, 11:35 AM
BC Editorial Team

We haven't played anyone since the Saffers went home. BPL was meh - as proven by our ridiculous T20 form against Zim. Plus a number of folks got disheartened by the majority of folks here who subscribe to a specific political PoV. The first two are my observations and the last one is based on members who have privately reached out to me on FB to explain why they don't come here. Plus most of us buiras have gotten busy with life. It's cyclical though ... ora ashbe, chupi chupi ...
Old January 22, 2016, 11:43 AM

Favorite Player: Mash

this is a cricket forum isnt it? so what if someone has an opposite political view? talk cricket and dont talk politics simple..that is one weird excuse to leave BC
Old January 22, 2016, 01:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Look I'm and old timer, I miss the old guys. Majority of posters here seem to be teenagers...when I first joined I was barely out of my teens myself. The forum is just boring.

And we also haven't played any serious cricket teams since SA. Due respect to Zim but beating them earns nothing anymore.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 22, 2016, 05:08 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif
These are some depressing posts! I feel like pressing the "Stop" button.

I do think lot of people got busy with life. Along with all the social media outlets reducing additional need to find yet another "outlet". We had lot of regulars with span of 2-3 years shelf-life. But after the expiry date, they gradually become MIA. It could be life, time and changing priorities.

With Bangladesh doing better in cricket, there is less need to vent your frustrations. Folks are happy. Live streaming is ubiquitous, no need to get excited with match thread.

At the same time, we haven't done anything great in BC to keep fans excited about. So its fair for folks to get bored and not show up.
I think it is a combination of many things.

During BPL, I created BD player performance watch tool. It took many hours to come up with and then continuously refine the process. Many people liked the thread and we had an ongoing conversation after each days of play. But then the 'purge' happened and the whole thread was gone. I had the excel file in my PC but didn't feel like creating a new thread because all the conversations and discussions were gone. I thought the site would be restored but that never happened. I just felt discouraged and felt all the hard work just went into vain.

Similarly, I also had Athar Ali Khan come to the site and interview him before the WC. It was not that easy to get a hold of him right before the WC but he was really cooperative and took time for me and BC. It was the first time in many years that a high profile ex-cricketer and commentator came to the site and answered questions at length.

I can try to arrange to have another one (maybe others beside Athar Ali) but the site doesn't have much activity. There is very few maintenance. We need to have credibility and activity to convince them. At this point, I think we don't have that. That's why I do not bother trying.

At the end, it is a culmination of many member's inactivity (or apathy) AND poor maintenance by the admins/mods. Oh and...life also happens. I used to the visit the site multiple times a day. But now with extra work hours it is just not feasible. I do come and read at times.
Old January 22, 2016, 05:20 PM
Cricket Sage

I actually had a lot of free time, still kinda do although I have step 3 looming in a few months.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 24, 2016, 03:59 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

An article by rinathq is begging to get to the front page...admins and mods take note.
Old January 25, 2016, 11:44 PM
First Class Cricketer

IIRC the forum lost a big chunk of threads recently; spanning around half a year. Perhaps the articles became a victim of this cull as well?
Old January 28, 2016, 09:16 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
this is a cricket forum isnt it? so what if someone has an opposite political view? talk cricket and dont talk politics simple..that is one weird excuse to leave BC
From observation...it can be noted that political discussions are orginated in the cricket section of this forum and is resettled into the forget cricket section, where a few things can take place:

-A history tour back to the liberation war.
- members engaging in debates which are fruitful.
- member/s getting banned because of the heat filled/ emotions running high. Tempers flaring.
-some members declaring that they'll never ever visit this site again.
-name calling, breaking forum rules.
-etc.

As Aristotle wrote a few years ago:

"Hence it is evident that the state is a creation of nature, and that man is by nature a political animal. And he who by nature and not by mere accident is without a state, is either above humanity, or below it; he is the ‘Tribeless, lawless, hearthless one,’ whom Homera denounces—the outcast who is a lover of war; he may be compared to a bird which flies alone."

You can take the man out of politics, but you can't take the politics out of man.
--this works vice versa.

BC is a great site regardless of the format...for the common interest of supporting Bangladesh cricket be it the men's,women's,or youth teams.
Why should we be worried about being banned when it comes as a result of different variables?

Remember, imminent end of something can never be truly predicted.

After writing this I am now thinking of being banned...I went off-topic

Mods, forgive me...but I wrote this with absolute love.
Old January 28, 2016, 09:25 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
jarrah (not the tree) ashte chay na tader to r pulky lollipop diye ana jabena. if you are soft like tula and easily get hurt, might as well not be here. But guys like aklemalp al furqaan TE and moi on thread opening rampage grew thick skins and endured harsh criticisms. If passion of aklemalp can thrive and fuel this site, then might as well it be for people deservedly like him instead others who contributes little and whines at those who do.
Thanks for sharing that Zeeshan bro. It is appreciated...
Old January 29, 2016, 05:16 PM
Cricket Savant

LOL....best rapper alive is a non-black, best golf player alive is a non-white and best bc member alive is non bengali!!!!