facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 27, 2016, 11:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

People who impressed me the most:

Joyraz Sheikh
Pinak Ghosh
Nazmul Hossain Shanto
Mohammad Shaifuddin

Mehedi Hasan Miraz still has long ways to go to be like Shakib, but he is definitely on the right track.
Under normal circumstances, I expect at least one of these guys to crack the national team within next 5 years.

Old January 28, 2016, 01:00 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

LOL 23 pages wow. Seriously guys? I am still blushing from getting our -- handed to us by Zimbos.Ashol khelay here giye eder niye lafa lafi. :-)
Old January 28, 2016, 01:08 AM
BC Editorial Team

The only one who impressed me was Pinak. He has a lot of time. Shanto has no horizontal bat shots (watch his hawkeye). The rest were meh. I mean disciplined and maximizing their talent but not eyepopping in natural ability.
Old January 28, 2016, 02:24 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
The only one who impressed me was Pinak. He has a lot of time. Shanto has no horizontal bat shots (watch his hawkeye). The rest were meh. I mean disciplined and maximizing their talent but not eyepopping in natural ability.
Which of our players (senior team) would you say have that natural ability? Surely Tamim and Mustafiz must be on your list...

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 28, 2016, 11:04 AM
Cricket Sage

Mehdi, Shanto and Pinak. They all have a very good chance to play for the national team in near future.

There may be few more .... as the tournament continues some other may make a case... we have to wait and see.

btw besides Pinak, Shanto's batting also surprised me.
Old January 28, 2016, 12:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Joyraz sheikh played a very matured composed innings he showed that he can find gaps and rotate strikes easily and he has a wide Arsenal of shots to play and the way he paced his innings with so much maturity and class was very impressive. His major weakness though is the lack of power in his shots but then again most Bangladeshi batsmen do not have that much power to begin with
Old January 28, 2016, 01:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Mehdi, Shanto and Pinak. They all have a very good chance to play for the national team in near future.

There may be few more .... as the tournament continues some other may make a case... we have to wait and see.

btw besides Pinak, Shanto's batting also surprised me.
spot on, I was thinking the same
Old January 29, 2016, 12:16 AM
BC Editorial Team

Asaad, in the senior team, Soumya and Mustafiz are the two most outrageously talented cricketers while you could argue young Tashkin has the talent of pace. Of the older set, Shak, Mushy, TIK are talented enough, though not probably as transcendent as the first two. I mean you don't see an Ashwin gushing about them like he did when he tweeted after watching Soumya bat.

And of course we've got the criminally wasteful talent of Ashraful. What an idiot!
Old January 29, 2016, 01:46 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Asaad, in the senior team, Soumya and Mustafiz are the two most outrageously talented cricketers while you could argue young Tashkin has the talent of pace. Of the older set, Shak, Mushy, TIK are talented enough, though not probably as transcendent as the first two. I mean you don't see an Ashwin gushing about them like he did when he tweeted after watching Soumya bat.

And of course we've got the criminally wasteful talent of Ashraful. What an idiot!
I agree. I'd amend the list slightly.

As talented as a cricketer can be: (Mustafiz, Soumya, Tamim, Ashraful)

Very talented: (Mushy, Shakib, Taskin, Jubair, Sabbir, Nasir)

Mediocre: (Haider, Rubel, Riyad, etc)

Relatively Untalented: (Imrul, Shamsur)

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 29, 2016, 02:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
I agree. I'd amend the list slightly.

As talented as a cricketer can be: (Mustafiz, Soumya, Tamim, Ashraful)

Very talented: (Mushy, Shakib, Taskin, Jubair, Sabbir, Nasir)

Mediocre: (Haider, Rubel, Riyad, etc)

Relatively Untalented: (Imrul, Shamsur)
Haider is talented and not mediocre.
Old January 29, 2016, 02:58 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Pinak to me looked like a Soumia category talent. I cant get those thumping hook shots off my head. Other than Lara and Ponting cant remember anyone hitting them as ferociously as Pinak. The great part is he is still so young. Tamim improved so much more under siddons and so will these guys when they get national call ups.
Old January 29, 2016, 05:15 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Good thing about both Pinak and Shanto is that that have shots all around the ground. It's very hard to find 17/18 years old kid who can score all around the ground . Pinak is a attacker but Shanto can play both role.
Good for our future!
Old January 29, 2016, 09:29 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

I just saw the highlights so can't say much. But I liked Pinak more than Shanto. Pinak looked more compact and solid in the technique. Shanto seemed less so and tends to play away from the body. At this point, I think technique and skill is more important. Because our last two biggest "upcoming" young players were Anamul and Litton and both of them have serious issues with techniques.

So I am looking at the technique of these players more than their power and timing.
Old January 29, 2016, 01:55 PM
BC Editorial Team

Mufi - Liton doesn't have technique problem per se. He's just overly on-side oriented. That means when bowlers starve him by bowing on the 4th or 5th stump (as international bowlers can), he's forced to go out of his comfort zone in limited over cricket. This is fixable. KP, Azhar and Viv were all predominantly onside players. Liton will need to figure out his scoring options around that. This is unlike the Anamul situation where there is some serious footwork deficiency.

Agree with your assessment of Shanto, which is why I'm only excited by Pinak.
Old January 30, 2016, 02:52 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohli_Sox
Haider is talented and not mediocre.
I agree with you, but still to early to give him the very talented tag. But I believe he is up there. Excellent control of the yorker at decent ~140 kmh pace. If he can york a Kohli or a KW, he will move up. Look at Rohit, twin double hundreds, a 170 plus score in AUS conditions...and treated like schoolyard chump by Mustafiz. Thats transcendent.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 30, 2016, 03:02 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Pinak to me looked like a Soumia category talent. I cant get those thumping hook shots off my head. Other than Lara and Ponting cant remember anyone hitting them as ferociously as Pinak. The great part is he is still so young. Tamim improved so much more under siddons and so will these guys when they get national call ups.
I saw two of Pinak's hooks on replay. To be honest, they were no better than Imrul - who is by Bd standrards an excellent puller. Tamim, Mushfiq, and even Ashraful have played far better pull shots on faster pitches.

No comparison to Soumya who has the most effortless strokes I have seen, personally.

Tamim and Soumya are both aggressive lefty openers who can hit 90 meter sixes. Difference is Tamim is pure power. Even before the ball is hit you are in awe at the brute force. Soumya on the other hand just makes 6 hitting look so easy. Like he taps the ball and it magically soars over the ropes. Identical result, very different mechanism.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 30, 2016, 03:47 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: ABD

Quote:
Mufi - Liton doesn't have technique problem per se. He's just overly on-side oriented. That means when bowlers starve him by bowing on the 4th or 5th stump (as international bowlers can), he's forced to go out of his comfort zone in limited over cricket. This is fixable. KP, Azhar and Viv were all predominantly onside players. Liton will need to figure out his scoring options around that. This is unlike the Anamul situation where there is some serious footwork deficiency.

Same here. (Not saying Shanto ain't good)

Go TIGERS GO...
Old January 30, 2016, 03:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Quote:

I don't think you can write off Liton like that, lets face some facts here.. This guy has probably the highest average in U19 level, has the best stats in First class coming into test matches and to top it all he has one of the highest averages (into the 40s) coming into the ODI team. He has shown what he can do in the test level but has failed in ODIs and BPL.

So he has seen failures but he has probably played 10 international limited matches and 10 local t20s. Point is, with those stats (bring out someone close to this in all formats, well maybe Mosaddek can match that in the test level/firstclass) but no-one did come into the team like him did, ever.

Pinak and Shanto will probably be in the radar but honestly, I would not write off Liton yet or Mosaddek who just started. Anamul is a different story.
Old January 30, 2016, 04:05 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
I don't think you can write off Liton like that, lets face some facts here.. This guy has probably the highest average in U19 level, has the best stats in First class coming into test matches and to top it all he has one of the highest averages (into the 40s) coming into the ODI team. He has shown what he can do in the test level but has failed in ODIs and BPL.

So he has seen failures but he has probably played 10 international limited matches and 10 local t20s. Point is, with those stats (bring out someone close to this in all formats, well maybe Mosaddek can match that in the test level/firstclass) but no-one did come into the team like him did, ever.

Pinak and Shanto will probably be in the radar but honestly, I would not write off Liton yet or Mosaddek who just started. Anamul is a different story.
I don't think Razab bhai wrote Litton off there. That post was in favor of Liton.
Old January 30, 2016, 12:53 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

I don't think we have any reason to be excited about any individual player yet. We won as a team, there was no extra ordinary performance from any individual player.

On the other hand, although SA lost but that century under the condition makes that guy an exciting batting talent for SA that they can count on for the future to evolve into world class batsman.

Well, this was only the first match, and all our Matches at this stage are against weaker teams, if we don't see any of our guys putting up some exceptional performances (100/5wkt) I won't be that excited with anyone, they are then all mediocre guys. That of course doesn't mean, some of them won't improve with time. But unless someone displays their improved performances against quality opponents, I won't be excited to bring them into national fold. The current lot should be given time and be pursued !!

Last edited by BANFAN; January 30, 2016 at 04:08 PM..