facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 3, 2016, 11:29 PM

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
Please suggest a replacement then! Who do you pick out of our massive depth of T20 superstars?
at this moment riyad deserves chance over nasir, the top 7 should look like this

tamim
sarkar
sabbir
mushy
shakib
riyad
nurul
then mash and the bowlers

Old February 4, 2016, 02:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

So you are saying Nurul ahead of Nasir granted that Mushy keeps.

So here is a comparison,

Nurul's domestic T20 record:
Average: 22.42 373 SR: 126.27

Nasir's:
Average: 24.52 SR: 117.86

Strike rate is better but not average, but nothing much to differentiate the two. On par I will say.

Nurul is an exceptionally gifted keeper granted, but if Mushy can keep do we need another keeper? That's why I said in one of my posts Nurul is wasting an alrounder's spot which he is. If he can't deliver majorly with hitting the ball then it is a real worry.

Thing you also have to consider is Nasir contributes heavily on the field. Probably saves 10-15 runs on average, on his day probably 20. He also takes crucial catches. Not to forget he actually has the capability to bowl all the 4 overs and is one of the most improved players, specially his offspin has been underrated.

I mean with all the options combined, would you have Nurul over Nasir?

Old February 4, 2016, 03:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Hope we qualify for the main event! The Dutch know a thing or two about power hitting!
Old February 4, 2016, 03:02 AM

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
So you are saying Nurul ahead of Nasir granted that Mushy keeps.

So here is a comparison,

Nurul's domestic T20 record:
Average: 22.42 373 SR: 126.27

Nasir's:
Average: 24.52 SR: 117.86

Strike rate is better but not average, but nothing much to differentiate the two. On par I will say.

Nurul is an exceptionally gifted keeper granted, but if Mushy can keep do we need another keeper? That's why I said in one of my posts Nurul is wasting an alrounder's spot which he is. If he can't deliver majorly with hitting the ball then it is a real worry.

Thing you also have to consider is Nasir contributes heavily on the field. Probably saves 10-15 runs on average, on his day probably 20. He also takes crucial catches. Not to forget he actually has the capability to bowl all the 4 overs and is one of the most improved players, specially his offspin has been underrated.

I mean with all the options combined, would you have Nurul over Nasir?

yes I would still select nurul over nasir in T20, Reasons:

1. By recent matches Nurul looks far suited at 7 than Nasir, in T20 2 run difference in avg is less superior than 8 run advantage in SR
2. I have 0 confidence on Mushy as keeper. Nasir may save 20 runs but Mushy as Keeper may cost 50 runs dropping a chance or missing a stumping
Old February 4, 2016, 05:50 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Nurul is great with improvisation. But the few innings i saw from him i havent seen him hit boundaries with proper cricket shots often enough. The premeditated scoops and cheeky flicks can only get you so far. With Nasir we have a proper batsman and a genuine boundary hitter when in form. My vote is mushy keeps and Nasir takes his place at 7
Old February 4, 2016, 09:45 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: $hakib Al Ha$an

This why Nasir is important for us at 7 ( I know its odi but he can do same in T20). Riyad needs to bat up the order:

Nasir Hossain has played six innings in 12 ODIs for Bangladesh this year, never batting higher than No. 7. It is a position from which, given the nature of limited-overs cricket, one doesn't always get a chance to build an innings. He has faced only 143 balls in ODIs in 2015, an average of less than 25 balls per outing. In his last two matches against India A, Nasir has faced a total of 167.

On Friday in the second one-dayer against India, Nasir went out to bat at with Bangladesh A at 82 for 5 after 18.1 overs. He had plenty of time to get his eye in, build an innings and stretch the score as much as he could, with the only risk being a lack of batting partners. And that's what he did. He started out playing second fiddle to No. 5 Liton Das, who was middling the ball better than the top-order batsmen, built a solid base as the sun shone more and more, and after Liton fell, launched an attack in the company of the tail-end batsmen.

Nasir had been waiting for such opportunities to score big and bat under pressure. He later said he didn't have a clearly defined plan when he walked out but knew that he wanted to bat out 50 overs.

"I like batting at No. 7, I've batted there for the national team so I'm happy to do it here also," he said. "When I was there, the wicket was good for batting, I just wanted to bat throughout. I always enjoy batting with Liton. There was no particular plan when I went out to bat, we were just looking to build a partnership and play till the end. So we played accordingly and the plan clicked."

Nasir had enjoyed Liton's company in the first one-dayer too, when the pair added 120 runs from a score of 87 for 5 to give India A a scare in their defence of 322. Nasir followed that innings of 52 with a century today to steer the team out of a storm and then, with returns of 5 for 36, ensured they reached the shore, too.

His only moment of weakness with the bat came in the 23rd over off Karn Sharma when he went for an aerial drive. Luckily for Nasir, the ball landed wide of a diving Gurkeerat Singh at deep cover. Those mistakes were corrected the next time he came down the track. It was against Karn again in the 28th over, but the ball was middled better and hit well wide of long-on for four.

But Nasir knew that one small mistake, one mis-hit, would expose the tail. So he reduced the risks but still found the boundaries. There was a late cut off Gurkeerat in the 31st over, a back-foot punch off Rishi Dhawan along the ground soon after Liton was dismissed, and a sweep to bring up his fifty off 54 balls in the 37th over.

The tougher parts came with the tail-end batsmen. Nasir's 50-run, seventh-wicket partnership with Arafat Sunny had taken the score past 200. Arafat fell in the 43rd over, but Nasir chose to wait before switching gears. It was only once Shafiul was run out, in the 46th over, that Nasir floored it.

He followed his nudge to third man for four with a single to keep strike. And on 76, he targeted Suresh Raina, who had conceded only eight runs from his two overs, with a slog sweep off the first ball and then a cover drive over the in-field. Two balls later, he unleashed another powerful drive to sprint to 88, and made his way into the nineties with a boundary in the next over.

His celebration on reaching the three-figure mark was not as dramatic, a manner perhaps similar to his first ODI hundred, but he knew he had done what he was expected to do, and what he was eagerly waiting to accomplish.

"Every partnership was very important, the one with Liton was a big one, but runs with Sunny and Rubel were equally important to post 252," Nasir said. "The pressure was always there but I wanted to bat all 50 overs, I didn't have a target in mind."

He batted for over two hours when the chips were down, something he enjoys and something he was first selected for back in 2011.

"I really enjoy batting when the team is under pressure," Nasir had said after his maiden ODI century nearly four years ago. "When four or five wickets are down, I love batting in those situations. I really don't know why but I really enjoy it."

Vishal Dikshit is a sub-editor at ESPNcricinfo

Tamim
Soumya
Sabbir
Mushfqur
Shakib
Riyad
Nasir
Nurul
Mashrafe
Mustafizur
Taskin/Arafat
Old February 4, 2016, 10:07 AM
Cricket Sage

I hope there is no "if Rahim do wicket keeping" situation. Because the difference of wicket keeping quality between Rahim and Nurul too to big to ignore. Who have watched them playing in recent time doesn't need any more explanation. Its a matter of few more outs or not in the innings. Rahin as a WK should not be an option under any condition. And I am glad that Faruk's statement kind of agree with that.

Does Nurul have proper cricket shots? its really too early to say, special after watching him play T20 at #7. To say that we need to see him more, may be in ODI. But what we know that, he has what it takes to be #7 hitter in T20; he doesn't need too many balls to spare, he can take care of his RR from the beginning, and he doesn't hesitate to take risky shots and scarify for the sake of team's need.

I also think that if Nasir need to come, he need to compete with Riyad and Sabbir (unlikely at this point); not with Nurul.

People who thing by adding Nurul ( and two WK) we are removing one all rounder, I disagree. At this point I see Nurul the only WK and Rahim as a pure batsman. If we don't Riyad's bowling, then Riyad is also another pure batsman. May be Bhaira Bhai need to fight with each other for same batting slot.
Old February 4, 2016, 11:25 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

^^ You dont need your best wicketkeeper for T20s. Test yes but not T20s. Nurul hasnt done anything great until now that makes him the reincarnation of gilchrist or something.

Nuruls batting in the final T20 was a dissappointment - neither was he superb in the BPL. Too early to tell.

Nurul should be in the playing XI only if Mushy is injured. I actually prefer mithun over Nurul, did a good job for Khulna behind the stumps and is a good bat.
Old February 4, 2016, 01:13 PM
Cricket Sage

You don't need your best WK in t20, true. But subpar WK like Rahim is no option.

Like dropped catches (by fielder), Rahim's missed opportunities in wicket keeping is also very demoralizing for the team, specially for our young bowlers. Rahim as a wicket keeper idea should be put to rest... with Nurul or Without Nurul. Yes Mithun may be the answer but not Rahim.

Gilchrist was not the person he was (at the end of his career) from the beginning. he was not built in one year. It takes time for a player to grow and become great like Gilchrist. Expecting Nurual anything close to Gilchrist is completely insane and without logic. He (Nurul) just start playing for the national team, and he is contributing to the team in a meaningful way. Average close to Nasir and with great RR for T20. Nasir came earlier than Sabbir, and look what ius happening to them. While Sabbir is slowly progressing, nasir started with a bang and then kind of futush... he is going no where. In recent time, his game didn't improved at all, he is trying to regain his old production back.

Why not compare Rahim with Gilchrist? Why not expect more from Riyad and Nasir? That would be more realistic expectation as they are playing for the national team for a while now.

We have seen already the ceiling of Rahim, Riyad and Nasir. But we haven't seen the ceiling of Nurul yet. And that's why we should stick with Nurul a little longer.

btw there should be NO competition between Nasir and Nurul. Nurul should fight with Litton and Mithun for WK job for different format of the game. Nasir should fight with Sabbir and Riyad for a slot. And Rahim should be considered purely as a specialized batsman.

Last edited by Fazal; February 4, 2016 at 02:06 PM..
Old February 4, 2016, 01:56 PM
First Class Cricketer

Rahim should never keep in test ever again but he is more then good enough for t20..he should always keep in one day cricket with the younger WK batsmen in the team fielding, like sanga use to keep with 3 other WK in the team
Old February 4, 2016, 02:41 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Mithun is crap as a keeper. Worse than Mushy. Now, go figure if you want him to keep...
Old February 4, 2016, 03:24 PM
Cricket Sage

Good that I don't believe everything that fans says here about new players.

Personally I haven't seen much of Mithun's Wicket Keeping yet with my own eyes. Only then I will figure it out if I want him or not.

Unfortunately I have already seen enough of Rahim's wicket keeping to judge him as below par wicket keeper.
Old February 4, 2016, 05:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot
^^ You dont need your best wicketkeeper for T20s. Test yes but not T20s. Nurul hasnt done anything great until now that makes him the reincarnation of gilchrist or something.

Nuruls batting in the final T20 was a dissappointment - neither was he superb in the BPL. Too early to tell.

Nurul should be in the playing XI only if Mushy is injured. I actually prefer mithun over Nurul, did a good job for Khulna behind the stumps and is a good bat.
Have you seen Mithun keep? He is clueless, one of the worst I have seen. Can't even collect a normal delivery properly. He concentrates more on his batting and fails in it in pressure situations.

While I agree Nurul should fight over Ryad and Liton, him taking a spot in the playing 11 means we have to give up an allrounders spot. Again the point is, we have two wicket keepers (if nurul plays), no offspiner, no nasir in fielding. There is a lot of void in the whole lineup.

Atm, if you are thinking Riyad will be benched instead of Nasir you must be dreaming. Riyad has been one of the consistent performers last year. The competition for that one spot IS between Nurul and Nasir.
Old February 4, 2016, 07:17 PM
Cricket Sage

The competition is NOT between Nurul and Nasir. These two players have different role, they cannot compete against each other.

And there is just one wicket keeper. Please see/read Faruk's interview during briefing. Nurul is the wicket keeper of choice in this series, Faruk mentioned it.

Now like it or not, chose your poison pill between Riyad and Nasir. Either Riyad or Nasir, but not both for T20.

Now you can still stay in your la la land day dream what you want or come to the reality that Nasir is/was not fighting with Nurul but rather fighting with Riyad, Sabbir and Hom for a slot in the team.
Old February 5, 2016, 02:33 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Why Mithun is in the team ...
Report on Samakal bangla newspaper:
http://bangla.samakal.net/2016/02/05/190934
Old February 5, 2016, 02:37 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Coach liked the way he scored in those 3 practice match in Khulna -