facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #726  
Old February 6, 2016, 09:55 AM
MHRAM MHRAM is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 30, 2013
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey
Posts: 7,700

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Its unfair that people keep trashing nepal. They are a solid side, otherwise how did they upset a test nation to make the quarters, a feat that strong bangladesh can knly do every other world cup? This result vs their senior side would be tragic but not at this level. I dont think too many of this bd team will make it to the national side as this team is succeeding due to mental strengt rather than outright talent.
to me outright talent means nothing. Give me mentally strong players.

Look at how talented Tamim is, skill to play against the best but weak mentally. Shakib on the other hand was never classed as a great talent but was mentally strong. To me international cricket is all about mental strength. The reason why Bangladesh lose so many tests and ODIs that should have been won, is because of the nerves.

We need players with mental strength right now, and not some of this mental midgets who whither when their is pressure like Tamim, who always goes missing when we have to score a large target or a tricky one on a difficult wicket.
Reply With Quote

  #727  
Old February 6, 2016, 11:34 AM
mufi_02's Avatar
mufi_02 mufi_02 is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team
 
Join Date: August 2, 2011
Location: NY
Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib
Posts: 7,658

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
I'll remember this match for its runouts....a couple as a result of good fielding...while others were because of a loss of communication that allow both batsman to run towards a single end and leaving the other exposed....

Shanto's fielding yielded run outs...while there were a high number of run outs in this match, there were an equal amount of near misses which could have been run outs....

It was one of the most tensed matches I've witness (barring the latter part of the run chase)...support for both teams were good...there was excellent commentary by Russell, lisa, AAK, Sanjay, and Paul...also a small segment where coach hatursinghe was being interviewed by Russell.....

This match has found a place into my cricketing history collection as a memorable one....

Good advertisement for the game...
really bro? one of the most tensed game you have ever seen?
__________________
Bangladesh
Reply With Quote
  #728  
Old February 6, 2016, 11:55 AM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall
Posts: 24,890

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
really bro? one of the most tensed game you have ever seen?

I think I went overboard with that statement....

It's up there. I've never celebrated that loud for a wicket taken by a Bangladeshi in a long long time.... the run chased made me fell tensed...after Shanto's soft dismissal..I felt that it was going to an uphill task...

And plus the significance of a win got to me...Bangladesh win takes them to the semis-> something I see as being monumental...

In a nutshell bro, the stakes were so high that I considered it to be very tight.
__________________
“Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.”
― Jalaluddin Mevlana Rumi - مولوی
Reply With Quote
  #729  
Old February 6, 2016, 12:32 PM
akabir77's Avatar
akabir77 akabir77 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 23, 2004
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok
Posts: 10,878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
I think we faced the most determined, disciplined, compact bowling unit of the tournament. They were there to prove something.

2 runs from extra. Unheard of when 48+ overs have been bowled. Their fielding backed up the bowling.
They bowled really like a national team. I hope i am wrong but i have a feeling just like their 15 year old Indian captain they have many more playing for them that are over aged... with age comes the discipline. Even Indian team doesn't have that much discipline as (among all asian team they are the one the strict-ed about having proper aged players).
__________________
1. Shahadat Hossain: Mufambisi c Mashud; Chigumbura lbw; Utseya c Mashud
2.
Abdur Razzak: P Utseya caught; RW Price lbw; CB Mpofu lbw
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
4.
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
5.
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Reply With Quote
  #730  
Old February 6, 2016, 12:40 PM
mufi_02's Avatar
mufi_02 mufi_02 is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team
 
Join Date: August 2, 2011
Location: NY
Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib
Posts: 7,658

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
I think I went overboard with that statement....

It's up there. I've never celebrated that loud for a wicket taken by a Bangladeshi in a long long time.... the run chased made me fell tensed...after Shanto's soft dismissal..I felt that it was going to an uphill task...

And plus the significance of a win got to me...Bangladesh win takes them to the semis-> something I see as being monumental...

In a nutshell bro, the stakes were so high that I considered it to be very tight.
good to see your passion. I saw first hour of play and then went to sleep.
__________________
Bangladesh
Reply With Quote
  #731  
Old February 6, 2016, 12:51 PM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall
Posts: 24,890

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
good to see your passion. I saw first hour of play and then went to sleep.
Gotta keep the love for the Tigers...I liked the Nepalese supporters in the crowd being loud as ever and backing their team...they do love their cricket back in Nepal.

I watched until it was 4AM, then I went to bed shortly after Shanto's soft dismissal....
__________________
“Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.”
― Jalaluddin Mevlana Rumi - مولوی
Reply With Quote
  #732  
Old February 6, 2016, 01:44 PM
MHRAM MHRAM is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 30, 2013
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey
Posts: 7,700

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
I think I went overboard with that statement....

It's up there. I've never celebrated that loud for a wicket taken by a Bangladeshi in a long long time.... the run chased made me fell tensed...after Shanto's soft dismissal..I felt that it was going to an uphill task...

And plus the significance of a win got to me...Bangladesh win takes them to the semis-> something I see as being monumental...

In a nutshell bro, the stakes were so high that I considered it to be very tight.
Bro I too was nervous. I had exam next day and I just could not study because of the nerves.
Reply With Quote
  #733  
Old February 6, 2016, 01:49 PM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall
Posts: 24,890

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
Bro I too was nervous. I had exam next day and I just could not study because of the nerves.
Good luck and commiserations on the exam...I went to bed @4am and had to be at work for 8AM....had only 2 hours of sleep....
__________________
“Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.”
― Jalaluddin Mevlana Rumi - مولوی
Reply With Quote
  #734  
Old February 6, 2016, 02:35 PM
simon's Avatar
simon simon is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 20, 2008
Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Posts: 24,278

amazing passion for U19 WC in BC
I have not seen more than 4 minutes of this WC yet ,
but if we play WI or Pak I'll be watching some.
Anything other than BD players playing or some good international match does not engage me.
__________________
সবাই সুখে সুখী হলে বলো তবে হবে কে ভবঘুরে
Reply With Quote
  #735  
Old February 6, 2016, 02:50 PM
MHRAM MHRAM is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 30, 2013
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey
Posts: 7,700

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
Good luck and commiserations on the exam...I went to bed @4am and had to be at work for 8AM....had only 2 hours of sleep....
well atleast the both of us can say "it was worth it"

BTW, our next match is on the 11th right?
Reply With Quote
  #736  
Old February 6, 2016, 02:59 PM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall
Posts: 24,890

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
well atleast the both of us can say "it was worth it"

BTW, our next match is on the 11th right?
That's what it looks like...the fixtures show it to be the 11th, with "reserve day" in parentheses
__________________
“Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.”
― Jalaluddin Mevlana Rumi - مولوی
Reply With Quote
  #737  
Old February 6, 2016, 05:39 PM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team
Posts: 18,705

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
amazing passion for U19 WC in BC
I have not seen more than 4 minutes of this WC yet ,
but if we play WI or Pak I'll be watching some.
Anything other than BD players playing or some good international match does not engage me.
Don't watch, may be that's why we are winning

Don't change the status quo
__________________
[Post CWC15 Consistency Record: [B]Test: W-0 L-1 D-1/B]// ODI: W-3 L-0 // T20: W-1 L-0]
Reply With Quote
  #738  
Old February 7, 2016, 03:14 AM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 24,100

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
to me outright talent means nothing. Give me mentally strong players.

Look at how talented Tamim is, skill to play against the best but weak mentally. Shakib on the other hand was never classed as a great talent but was mentally strong. To me international cricket is all about mental strength. The reason why Bangladesh lose so many tests and ODIs that should have been won, is because of the nerves.

We need players with mental strength right now, and not some of this mental midgets who whither when their is pressure like Tamim, who always goes missing when we have to score a large target or a tricky one on a difficult wicket.
Tamim is a mediocre limited overs player. In tests however he has played many clutch knocks in our best performances to date. Mushy, shakib, tamim, rubel, are mentally strong. I believe mustafiz and taskin are as well.
__________________
Bangladesh: Our Dream, Our Joy, Our Team

#OneTeam1Dream
Reply With Quote
  #739  
Old February 7, 2016, 08:27 AM
Rifat's Avatar
Rifat Rifat is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 30, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi
Posts: 14,943

Without a Doubt, the Nepalese gave the Bangladeshis a solid challenge, Out of all the teams Bangladesh U-19 faced so far in this world cup, Nepal gave Bangladesh a tough time....so this is definitely a big achievement for Nepal and its cricketing future.

Mehedi Hasan Miraz without a doubt has amazing potential to be a successful captain whether at the club level, A team level or even someday at the National Team level....
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:19 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket