facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 9, 2016, 12:46 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtiaz82
Agree on ODI format. Bangladesh would need to win abroad to show that we are truly worldclass. Which I think we can, especially since our performance in the worldcup in Aus was pretty good, we almost beat NZ at their home ground!

In test cricket, condition and pitches matter more than any other versions. Except the West Indies team of the 70s/80s and probably Aussies in late 90s/ 2000 no other team has consistently won series abroad. At present time, Aus, SA and England would have hard time winning test series in India. Similary, I don't see India winning any test series in Australia or South Africa; even in NZ, England they would struggle.

So it would be unfair to expect Bangladesh to start winning test series in Australia or SA. Since no other team can do that..
South Africa also had a great away record until that nightmare in India the other day. Infact i think they went six or more years without defeat.

Agreed regarding India...we have them coming to the Caribbean later this year for four tests so that should be interesting .

Old February 9, 2016, 12:49 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
@WindieFan, I like the looks of the 'Springer" guy.....

I'm quite disappointed with Shimron...boy's got all the talent in the world...I've heard and seen him play since he was stand-by for the Young Warriors cricket club 1st Division team when he was 13/14...

I do hope he plays a captain's innings tomorrow, the way Miraz played for his team..

He should lead the team primarily with his batting....

Hope for the best . I'll be rooting for my Windies team tomorrow nite.

Rally, rally round the West Indies Now and forever!!!!!

:flagofwindies:
Big up yourself fellow Windie

And yeah Springer has surprised me tbh...looks very dangerous in that middle order and has been consistent. The Barbados folks speak very highly of him too...people think he could be another Dwayne Bravo!!..hopefully he'll be more loyal to our cricket though .
Old February 9, 2016, 12:52 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
1. We gained experience, but we did not stop others to get one.
2. First class slotted in, this deserves an appreciation not a comparative analysis with others, again nobody is stopping other youth team to gain experience in their domestic leagues.
3. Home advantage - this card is like the strawman for any visitors, cricket itself needs to get over it.
4. Only argument gets some validity although none in BC thinks like that, go over the match threads and the threads dedicated to those players, you will know.

BTW good to see you back and hope you remain regular. And off-course thanks for the cheers.
Thanks!!..and it's not a knock on BD when i speak of experience...infact it's been smart of the board to make their youngsters play so many games together...that along with home advantage is a deadly combination that's all i was saying.
Old February 9, 2016, 12:57 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
HELLO FRIEND WindieFan,

Best of luck to both team West Indies and team Bangladesh. West Indies is indeed the Mighty West indies. The cricket culture, heritage and history of West Indies is Everest like to me and to all tiger fans. When it comes to cricket, we look upto the the legends of West Indies cricket. Deepest of respect. And thank you for congratulating team Bangladesh on it's recent performance.

But a lot of your posts begin to sound like a whining, looking for excuses, weak hearted blabbers. The sound of these posts DO NOT echo the powerful thumping of Marshall, Holding, Garner or Walsh. And they definitely DO NOT do any justice to the greats like Greenidge, Richards, Richardson, Chanderpaul, Kalicharan or Lara. You come from a very powerful cricketing heritage, kindly start to sound like one in your posts.

And
a. about our team's experience issue. It is NOT a team's fault that it has a lot of experience and ain't nobody holding back or chaining down the other teams from matching up to that. Capish?

b. When the west Indies cricket board creates a team, the world sees that team as the best possible team coming from West Indies, representing the islands of the Caribbean. It is NOT and should not be a forgiving factor if the board failed to choose the right player or player of YOUR choice. If your board is corrupt and act with favouritism, that is your problem, should NOT be used as an excuse in an International meeting. Listen man, we Bangladesh have our own problems with our board, government, system and corruption. But we do not see that as other people's problem if our team failed to perform. When we field an XI, we accept them as our best XI wearing our national jersey, just like we accept the playing West Indies XI as the best possible XI from West Indies, Period.
Hi

I spoke about Chemer Holder being missing from the group and low and behold an injury to one of our bowlers meant he was flown in a few days ago and went straight into the team against Pakistan!!..did you see the impact the young man made? He was electric alongside Joseph!!!..so it wasn't an excuse my friend, just an honest notion expressed .
Old February 9, 2016, 12:59 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindieFan
Thanks!!..and it's not a knock on BD when i speak of experience...infact it's been smart of the board to make their youngsters play so many games together...that along with home advantage is a deadly combination that's all i was saying.
Perhaps your board could teach the youth how to keep the spirit of the game intact.

I appreciate that you acknowledge. Stay tight for tonight .
Old February 9, 2016, 01:08 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
Congratz Windies! Looking forward to a cracking encounter on the 11th!

Strategy will still be to go with spin, I think we have a very good chance! That being said, it is a very good team and will be a test for sure. I have faith in the current bunch though, they should be good enough
Yeah thanks it should be a very good game hopefully...i just wonder if the junior Tigers will be able to handle the pressure of being the home side?
Old February 11, 2016, 11:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
We are already a top 5 level ODI side. In tests we will be there in 5 years inshallah.

Top 5 in both formats within 5 years. Five in five.

Sorry, Top 5 in ODI ?

Your team just started performing well last year mid. Before that you were in the same level as HKG,AFG and Ireland .

Agreed they won three home ODI series in convincing fashion.And , it was refreshing to see an minnow team grow up .

But i still feel your Team comes after Aus,SA,IND,NZ,Eng,Pak,SLK, BGD in that order .

Thats rank 8
Old February 11, 2016, 05:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

hmm, sherokom ahamori kichui korey nai.

WI were the only tough opponent we got this tournament and we lost.
other results were expected .
I will be happy if we can win the last game vs Srl.
Old February 11, 2016, 05:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Nah aint having none of that. Final was there for taking. Had they bowled first. Big chance lost to reach the final.