facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old February 22, 2016, 12:39 PM
tonmoy.dhaka tonmoy.dhaka is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 17, 2016
Posts: 855

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Haider is a rookie. I would not play him against India. Zimbabwe and India arent the same level of opposition. Al Amin has the experience to get the job done.
Despite what I write here, the chances are that Al-amin will be picked over the other guys.

Agreed, Al-amin is not a rookie, but his performance at International level has always been average in all three formats (Awful in test ). He bowled couple of good overs at the death in a T20 competetion for Bangladesh and people are still fascinated by that.
Lastly while I dont rate him highly but I know Mashrafee does and Mash knows a lot more about fast bowling than I ever will. So I would be happy to be proven wrong. Cant wait till Wednesday.
Reply With Quote

  #52  
Old February 22, 2016, 01:47 PM
simon's Avatar
simon simon is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 20, 2008
Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Posts: 24,509

there are too many questions about who will play , will Nurul play or Nasir ? will Sunny play ?

I prefer that we go with 4 pacers and Sakib, Nasir or Nurul I don't mind but I still think Nasir is valuable & experienced in all 3 department.
Mash & Musta are auto choice, Al A has played 13 T20Is with eco rate of 6.80 so another auto choice for 1st game.
The competition will be between Taskin & Hider , I prefer Taskin as he has a good success rate against India.
I'm very excited about Hider but his selection should be made after game 1.
__________________
সবাই সুখে সুখী হলে বলো তবে হবে কে ভবঘুরে
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old February 22, 2016, 02:48 PM
Kingslayer Kingslayer is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 13, 2015
Posts: 193

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
The biggest problem with our our side right now is that none of the bowlers can bat. Back when we had gazi as our 2nd spinner and Mash's bowling was not so toothless, and shafiul was the 3rd seamer, our tail was not too shabby. Now the Taskins, Mustafizs, Rubels, et al can't bat to save their life! In T20 where you go all guns blazing, you need to have the depth.
We need abul Bradman hasan. I am shocked the selectors don't select him even though he has a test avg of 80+.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old February 22, 2016, 02:59 PM
BD_TigerZ's Avatar
BD_TigerZ BD_TigerZ is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: July 26, 2012
Posts: 6,673

I followed Haider not only in BPL but saw footage of him yorking batsmen before then. There's no question about the talent but it's about talent management. He plays against India and gets tonked you will see him discarded by not only BCB but by the fans. The moronic selectors decide to play players like Muktar and Hom instead of far superior talented young players who just need the right foundation in order to find their feet in INT cricket. A series like Zimbabwe was to expirement and give a full series to players like Bijoy, Litton and Haider but they stuffed that up. Not everyone will be like Taskin, Mustafiz or Soumya firing from the get go. Look at Anamul and Litton and heck even Mossadek who gets selected for T20 ffs after scoring 3 double tons in FC..we blame soley the player but it's not hard to look at bigger picture selectors are idiots and BCB from the roots are clueless. Meh my 2 cents.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old February 22, 2016, 03:12 PM
BD_TigerZ's Avatar
BD_TigerZ BD_TigerZ is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: July 26, 2012
Posts: 6,673

What pisses me off even more is the dropping of players for the sake of dropping players and selecting them again as if they've magically improved by not playing. Nasir dropped *does nothing not involved in any cricket* gets re selected..I mean what is the benifet of that? If he's in the picture for the WC and Asia cup (Known fact) why drop him knowing the only way he's going get better is by playing more and more of a format and getting familiar with it which even our best player who has played around the world is largely unfamiliar with.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old February 22, 2016, 03:50 PM
tonmoy.dhaka tonmoy.dhaka is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 17, 2016
Posts: 855

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD_TigerZ
What pisses me off even more is the dropping of players for the sake of dropping players and selecting them again as if they've magically improved by not playing. Nasir dropped *does nothing not involved in any cricket* gets re selected..I mean what is the benifet of that? If he's in the picture for the WC and Asia cup (Known fact) why drop him knowing the only way he's going get better is by playing more and more of a format and getting familiar with it which even our best player who has played around the world is largely unfamiliar with.
Agree wholeheartedly. I would also like to add the fact that we tend to discard players really fast and at times are adamant to not consider a player once they turn a certain age. Ziaur Rahman has 10 times the more ability than Mukhtar in T20’s. Those who followed domestics would know that Ziaur Rahman managed to win matches for his clubs from situation one would never think possible, with his sheer aggressive batting, and he is still the biggest hitter in domestic cricket. The only other guy who comes close is Milon (but less talented). Yet these guys are overlooked for people like Mukhtar and Mosaddek (both of whom are protein deficient) in T20’s.
Next comes Alok Kapali. They guy who joined ICL just at the time he peaked as a cricketer. While he is no longer the Kapali who scored that century against India but he is still better than Mosaddek in T20’s. He proved his worth in BPL. He has the nerve of steel .
The only thing I disagree is trying Abu Haider against India. There is a saying “Baptism with fire”. I think Haider is ready for India. The guy who can bowl Yorkers at will should have nothing to worry about against any batsman in the world (except ABDV but that guy is a freak of nature).
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old February 22, 2016, 04:15 PM
BD_TigerZ's Avatar
BD_TigerZ BD_TigerZ is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: July 26, 2012
Posts: 6,673

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonmoy.dhaka
Agree wholeheartedly. I would also like to add the fact that we tend to discard players really fast and at times are adamant to not consider a player once they turn a certain age. Ziaur Rahman has 10 times the more ability than Mukhtar in T20’s. Those who followed domestics would know that Ziaur Rahman managed to win matches for his clubs from situation one would never think possible, with his sheer aggressive batting, and he is still the biggest hitter in domestic cricket. The only other guy who comes close is Milon (but less talented). Yet these guys are overlooked for people like Mukhtar and Mosaddek (both of whom are protein deficient) in T20’s.
Next comes Alok Kapali. They guy who joined ICL just at the time he peaked as a cricketer. While he is no longer the Kapali who scored that century against India but he is still better than Mosaddek in T20’s. He proved his worth in BPL. He has the nerve of steel .
The only thing I disagree is trying Abu Haider against India. There is a saying “Baptism with fire”. I think Haider is ready for India. The guy who can bowl Yorkers at will should have nothing to worry about against any batsman in the world (except ABDV but that guy is a freak of nature).
Agree and regarding Haider I don't question his ability or potential and getting selected it's just that they don't play him and Nasir in the valuble 4 games against Zim and play Hom and co. Haider is still finding his feet and will be nervous as hell I hope he does well and infact I'm confident he will do well when he gets his chance it's just BCB living on new players to pull the rabbit out the hat at gunpoint every time. The "you broke some rule you must be severely punished immediately even though there's a better solution" comes from a foul mentality ingraved in our country.

Big whoop Alok and Rubel played in ICL over 10 years ago. Big whoop Al Amin did something which I highly doubt was anything of that note to react in the way they did. There's discipline and there's borderline stupid.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old February 22, 2016, 09:15 PM
tanvir_nus's Avatar
tanvir_nus tanvir_nus is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 17, 2005
Location: the heart of the tiger
Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing
Posts: 2,783

Tomorrow's selection will be very interesting, does Bangladesh go with an old timer in pace department? Who is going to open the batting? Who is the allrounder? Who is the keeper? So many questions unanswered.

My vote goes to Rony instead of Alamin.
In opening, Mithun will fail anyways but Imrul is and will never a choice for T20s. Doesn't matter what he does in BPLs. International T20s are different.
I like Nurul but he didn't do anything extra-ordinary in Zimbabwe series so Nasir should be in.

Squad should look like this:

1) Shoumya
2) Mithun (WK)
3) Shabbir
4) Riyad (number 4 centurion of WC)
5) Mushfique
6) Shakib
7) Nasir
8) Mashrafe
9) Rony
10) Taskin
11) Mustafizur

Go in with the best possible combination. 4 pacers, 2 left armers and 2 right armers. One offspiner and one SLA. With Nasir in gives us flexibility in bowling as well with the fielding really strong.

Must admit, without Tamim our batting does look weaker and yesterday Riyad said the start is important, well doesn't matter who you take in Imrul/Mithun both will fail miserably. Both are just aint good enuff, but Mithun sort of wins as he provides that right/left combo and is a better hitter on his day.

WIll be interesting.
__________________
Taskin Ahmed Tazim : 143 KPH - 18 years - Against Aussies - 1st April, 2014
148 KPH - 20 years - Against Pak At Dhaka - 2nd March 2016
150 KPH - Coming Soon.. Will be the first Bangladeshi
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old February 22, 2016, 10:48 PM
NoName's Avatar
NoName NoName is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: April 9, 2011
Location: Sauga
Posts: 9,023

Rony and Mash are the only players who can actually tonk the ball in our pathetic tail, which starts with Nasir.

You'd be hard pressed to find 20 runs between 7-11, so better hope the top and middle order bat it out.
__________________
"How the little piglets would grunt if they knew how the old boar suffered."
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old February 22, 2016, 11:04 PM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 12,959

Fasten your seat belt bhais... Ryad bolse prothom ball ei chokka marbey... chokka naeem should now be worried about his title.
__________________
vacant slot
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old February 22, 2016, 11:24 PM
Rinathq's Avatar
Rinathq Rinathq is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: January 1, 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim
Posts: 6,223

maybe and just maybe in absence of Khan Shaheb, Riyad should open? He is one of those guys that needs time to get going but can very well hold on to one end and score runs at a decent pace. He is also technically proficient enough to face the new ball.... so the lineup could be,

Soumya
Riyad
Shabbir
Mushy
Shakib
Mash
Nasir
Mithun
Al Amin
Mustafizur
Taskin
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old February 22, 2016, 11:43 PM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 12,959

Ryad re joto bar uporey pathano hoise totobar e shey dabba marsey. Often getting bowled playing defensive shots. Orey char er thekey shorano risky
__________________
vacant slot
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old February 22, 2016, 11:58 PM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 12,959

Kayes should open imo. This should his last chance
__________________
vacant slot
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old February 23, 2016, 04:48 AM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Favorite Player: Mash
Posts: 19,681

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Ryad re joto bar uporey pathano hoise totobar e shey dabba marsey. Often getting bowled playing defensive shots. Orey char er thekey shorano risky
no tention, r kono defensive shot khelbena bolse..1st ball ai okka..i mean ch-okka marbe
__________________
I have given up on Bangladesh cricket. I refuse to forget every pain Bangladesh cricket team has brought after a win here and there
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old February 23, 2016, 05:06 AM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 12,959

Akta study kora dorkar, correlation between talking big with reporters vs actual vua performance. Research subject could be Nasir, Anamul, Tamim and Pinak Ghosh
__________________
vacant slot
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old February 23, 2016, 09:38 AM
tonmoy.dhaka tonmoy.dhaka is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 17, 2016
Posts: 855

Mr Muthu from Cricinfo is predicting a horror team for Bangladesh with both A.Haider and Taskin missing out.... We will have Sunny, Mash, Al Amin horror attack...

Anyways, not sure where cricinfo finds these men... Isam has made some horror suggestions in the past ( Javed Miandad as an ideal coach for Bangladesh or Saif is an amazing opening batsman etc etc)

Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old February 23, 2016, 11:22 AM
Vepu Vepu is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: December 25, 2012
Location: Savar
Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD
Posts: 3,357

Kapali has nerve of steel? Same kapali who sh!t in his pants everytime he plays int. cricket? HA HA HA HA. I have heard it all. One fluke innings and he is our solution ignoring the fact he did jack in whole BPL. Jottoshob ajaira

I want 4 pacers in the team if not 5. No point playing 2/3 spinners against India. Shakib is enough. Imrul should be auto choice. One of the cleanest hiters in the country. My team

Soumya
Imrul
Sabbir
Shakib
Riyad
Mushy
Sohan (dont need Nasir's spin but I wont mind if they go with Nasa as long as he doesnt ball)
Taskin (we already have 2 good death bowlers. We need some1 who can shake it up a little at the top)
Mash
Al amin
Musta

Last edited by Vepu; February 23, 2016 at 12:54 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old February 23, 2016, 12:23 PM
tonmoy.dhaka tonmoy.dhaka is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 17, 2016
Posts: 855

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vepu
Kapali has nerve of steel? Same kapali who sh!t in his pants everytime he plays int. cricket? HA HA HA HA. I have heard it all. One fluke innings and he is our solution ignoring the fact he did jack in whole BPL. Jottoshob ajaira

I want 4 pacers in the team if not 5. No point playing 2/3 spinners against India. Shakib is enough. Imrul should be auto choice. One of the cleanest hiters in the country. My team

Soumya
Imrul
Sabbir
Shakib
Riyad
Mushy
Sohab (dont need Nasir's spin but I wont mind if they go with Nasa as long as he doesnt ball)
Taskin (we already have 2 good death bowlers. We need some1 who can shake it up a little at the top)
Mash
Al amin
Musta


Nice way to analyse a comment out of context. Kapali is most likely not a national team material, however in the context of T20's he is better than Mosaddek (he looks completely incapable of hitting big shots). Secondly, he scored 11 of 4 balls at the end of the innings in Final of BPL. That takes nerves. Mahmudullah couldn't even score 9 off 6 balls of Aizaz Cheema. I also mentioned that Kapali was in his prime when he decided to go to ICL. That killed his career. He was one of the best performers at the ICL and even scored a 100.
That said, I will never pick Kapali in national team but I would pick him over Mosaddek any day (in T20 and ODI).
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old February 23, 2016, 12:57 PM
Vepu Vepu is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: December 25, 2012
Location: Savar
Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD
Posts: 3,357

I did not take anything out of context. You made a clear cut statement. I ridiculed it. Kapali is as soft as tissue. Period.
Coming back to Mosaddek dont you think you judging too quickly? I understand he is not ready for T20 but putting him behind kapali even in ODI? And then we accuse our selectors of discarding players quickly
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old February 23, 2016, 01:59 PM
tonmoy.dhaka tonmoy.dhaka is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 17, 2016
Posts: 855

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vepu
I did not take anything out of context. You made a clear cut statement. I ridiculed it. Kapali is as soft as tissue. Period.
Coming back to Mosaddek dont you think you judging too quickly? I understand he is not ready for T20 but putting him behind kapali even in ODI? And then we accuse our selectors of discarding players quickly
yes I made a clear cut statement based on the fact that he was able to keep his nerves and score 11 of 4 in a final infront of a capacity crowd against a good bowler. Shoot me.
Selectors are not discarding players too quickly, sometimes they are picking them too quickly.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old February 23, 2016, 02:17 PM
Vepu Vepu is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: December 25, 2012
Location: Savar
Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD
Posts: 3,357

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonmoy.dhaka
yes I made a clear cut statement based on the fact that he was able to keep his nerves and score 11 of 4 in a final infront of a capacity crowd against a good bowler. Shoot me.
Selectors are not discarding players too quickly, sometimes they are picking them too quickly.
So you discarding them quickly. Nice. If you judge players by one fluke innings then ash is the greatest batsman in holistory just bcs of his 2005 eng tour
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old February 23, 2016, 09:52 PM
5tonne 5tonne is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 26, 2014
Posts: 1,301

I think Ryad's batting order should be decided based on the match situation.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:27 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket