facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old February 26, 2016, 04:55 AM
BanglaNAus BanglaNAus is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 26, 2016
Posts: 238
Default Don`t Judge A Book By its Cover

Seeing Alot of People hating on Imrul Kayes opening.

Did you forget, how destructive he was as a opener in the BPL
Did you forget, how he and Tamim scored 312 run Partnership
Did you forget, that he is second highest run scorer in BPL
Did you forget, that he scored a crucial 50 in the BPL final to take Comilla home
Did you forget he scored a 67 in the Quarter Final againist the leagues best Bowling attack

Imrul Kayes is a destructive Opener Atleast better than that hack Mohammad Mithun

We need to stop hating,the selectors cannot just send a t20 starved player againist INDIA
Imrul should of played in UAE match


Imrul Kayes BPL form
53,67,27,38,35,48,24 Not out,82
take note he did not run a ball
like selfish Anamul Haque
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old February 26, 2016, 06:23 AM
Mas_UK25's Avatar
Mas_UK25 Mas_UK25 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 15, 2015
Location: UNITED KINGDOM
Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza
Posts: 6,058

Bro your old fashioned fan it appears to me. Kayes Destructive? With a SR less than 110? LOL

T20 has moved many even slower batsmens into more better strikers. Kayes is worse than most aussie English tailenders in terms of SR!

Welcome to 2016 brother... Where mediocrity of Strike rate less than 110 as opener or top 4 or 5 is P*SS POOR!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old February 26, 2016, 06:30 AM
simon's Avatar
simon simon is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 20, 2008
Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Posts: 24,520

thanks for putting his BPL scores, he was the 2nd highest run getter with a SR of 114 , Sanga at top with SR of 117, Tamim 3rd with SR 118
Let's not forget scoring runs in BPL was tough because of conditions.
__________________
সবাই সুখে সুখী হলে বলো তবে হবে কে ভবঘুরে
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old February 26, 2016, 06:32 AM
BanglaNAus BanglaNAus is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 26, 2016
Posts: 238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
Bro your old fashioned fan it appears to me. Kayes Destructive? With a SR less than 110? LOL

T20 has moved many even slower batsmens into more better strikers. Kayes is worse than most aussie English tailenders in terms of SR!

Welcome to 2016 brother... Where mediocrity of Strike rate less than 110 as opener or top 4 or 5 is P*SS POOR!
Never said i was a fan of kayes just
Cutting some slack for the guy who is facing worlds number t20 side.people have been harsh on him
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old February 26, 2016, 06:40 AM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall
Posts: 25,663

I've told many a girls that same thing...don't judge a book by its cover
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old February 26, 2016, 06:42 AM
Mas_UK25's Avatar
Mas_UK25 Mas_UK25 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 15, 2015
Location: UNITED KINGDOM
Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza
Posts: 6,058

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
thanks for putting his BPL scores, he was the 2nd highest run getter with a SR of 114 , Sanga at top with SR of 117, Tamim 3rd with SR 118
Let's not forget scoring runs in BPL was tough because of conditions.
Forget BPL for one moment, even though wickets were not good for batting. What has he done in the 8 T20 he has played for BD? 8matches strike rate of 75.28, scored only 67runs, Averaging 8.37
Thats enough to not ever pick a batsmen in the top order or any order at t20's. We ditched Litton Das after only giving him few t20s where as Kayes is not even in the world t20 squad, despite failing miserably still gets more LOI opportunities.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old February 26, 2016, 06:45 AM
BanglaNAus BanglaNAus is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 26, 2016
Posts: 238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
Forget BPL for one moment, even though wickets were not good for batting. What has he done in the 8 T20 he has played for BD? 8matches strike rate of 75.28, scored only 67runs, Averaging 8.37
Thats enough to not ever pick a batsmen in the top order or any order at t20's. We ditched Litton Das after only giving him few t20s where as Kayes is not even in the world t20 squad, despite failing miserably still gets more LOI opportunities.
Those stats are pretty old though he has shown he is a big hitter in bpl
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old February 26, 2016, 06:55 AM
simon's Avatar
simon simon is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 20, 2008
Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Posts: 24,520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
Forget BPL for one moment, even though wickets were not good for batting. What has he done in the 8 T20 he has played for BD? 8matches strike rate of 75.28, scored only 67runs, Averaging 8.37
Thats enough to not ever pick a batsmen in the top order or any order at t20's. We ditched Litton Das after only giving him few t20s where as Kayes is not even in the world t20 squad, despite failing miserably still gets more LOI opportunities.
yes u r right that he has been pathetic in T20Is but he did well in BPL, way better than Lit-leg, u can not forget about BPL, we rarely play T20s domestically or internationally and that's why BPL is the only indicator we have.
__________________
সবাই সুখে সুখী হলে বলো তবে হবে কে ভবঘুরে
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old February 26, 2016, 07:18 AM
BanglaNAus BanglaNAus is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 26, 2016
Posts: 238

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
yes u r right that he has been pathetic in T20Is but he did well in BPL, way better than Lit-leg, u can not forget about BPL, we rarely play T20s domestically or internationally and that's why BPL is the only indicator we have.
This is why he deserve another chance

Take shabbir for example he played poorly all bpl but when he scored that 39 abd 83 everyone claimed he is the future of t20 cricket

Imrul is consistent in bpl so deserves a chance
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:17 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket