facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 27, 2016, 05:39 AM
Cricket Legend

@tanvir_nus. We also used to think we will need a pace bowling academy, pace hunts etc to find good fast bowlers. Enter Heath Streak and all of a sudden who needs a pace academy.

I have no less faith in our coaching team than you do. I would definitely want BCB extend all their contracts to 2019.

But if we want to improve in T20 in the short term, we need someone to come in teach these guys some tricks or two. Mahela for ex would be an excellent mentor. Even at this age he is scoring runs in Big Bash. I dont think we ll be able to find the broad shouldered big hitters overnight. Until then someone needs to teach the likes of Soumya, Shabbir etc how to keep runs ticking.

Btw one reason Pakistan secured Azhar Mahmood as bowling coach (Why would do they need a bowling coach when they have Waqar?) is his knowledge in T20, which would be invaluable in Asia Cup and T20 WC.