facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Closed Thread

Old March 3, 2016, 11:00 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Not what i expected when i first saw the thread. But whatever banter that goes on here is just harmless fun, between some of the most ardent and enthusiastic fans in the world-some maybe over enthusiastic-but its great to have diverse opinion.

What i am more dissapointed about is the negativity from many other countries about last nights games. Some have even gone on to say Mohammad Sami took a massive amount of money for the two no balls. Some are complaining we bought the umpires, others are ridiculing the pitches. The focus seems to be on Pakistan's wrongoings and mistakes rather than the good work by Bangladesh.

And as always Indian fans are being cocky by saying two more practice matches before the WC. Some even say celebrate like you ve won a trophy you ll never win.

I am sure in the time to come all these negative associations will erode. I guess people cant get used to the fact that Bangladesh is a rising force in world cricket and soon likely to surpass the Pakistan's, sri Lanka's, West Indies's and Englands.
Problem is you can't ever rule out cheating with Pakistan. When I saw Sami misfield 4 the over before his 2 no balls, I thought to myself "bet that guy is on the take". That misfield almost seemed intentional. Not saying it was, just looked that way.

[edit]

#OneTeam1Dream

Last edited by RazabQ; March 3, 2016 at 01:19 PM.. Reason: mod.action

Old March 3, 2016, 11:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndYeah
Dude you have some serious issues. and you are extremely ill-informed.
Dude you have extreme ultra patriotic glasses on.

Check your forum icf, visit few times and see how disrespectful you fans are.

Now a days they moved to Pk forum and trolling there daily. There's more indian trolls on pp forum than Pkistanis themselves now
Old March 3, 2016, 11:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
Dude you have extreme ultra patriotic glasses on.

Check your forum icf, visit few times and see how disrespectful you fans are.

Now a days they moved to Pk forum and trolling there daily. There's more indian trolls on pp forum than Pkistanis themselves now
So disrespectful equals hatred? I post on ICF and sure, will post banter against all teams - doesnt mean I hate them or cant stand their success. To be blunt, Bangladesh inspite of the massive improvement, are just not at that rivalry stage where I would begrudge them their success. Whether you consider that disrespectful or arrogance, thats your interpretation. I actually enjoy their success against other teams. I think some of you are taking banter waaaaaay too seriously, and drawing some wrong conclusions from it.
Old March 3, 2016, 12:08 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: where do i start from?

good evening to everybody.. First of all "CONGRATS" to Bangladesh and Bujhee kom bro for winning last couple of matches and making it to the semifinals.. i missed most of the games due to work..

THE FOLLOWING IS NOT AN ATTEMPT TO......... rather said humbly

i know this is a BANGLADESI forum, for BANGLADESI people to say, do what ever they want, however, outsiders will visit when this is available on the internet. i found this forum after googling bd vs eng wc match. before that i did not even know forums existed about cricket.. and no i dont follow any other forum

anyhow, i have seen some people using bad words in the names of country for ex rendia and people's names like shefag, animal hawk, shokebaal, it does not feel good to read these type of name calling as a fan of certain country, person.. it may be ok to say anything about your own people, but when you do it to people of other countries, it is not. i am personally a big fan of sehwag. some comments about him, are poised in such manner, i also think about retaliation. but refrain. just take a deep breath and think about if some one named shakib to a bad word. wont his fans feel hurt???

some people are after kohli (i am not a fan of him), kohli this kohli that. as bad as he is, we all know it all started after wc 2011, when he called rubel some bad word. but i still have the picture in mind. everybody ignored rubel was showing eyes to him after the ball was delivered. i also hated him to some extent for that behaviour as i felt sorry for rubel and mostly because kohli was representing my country.. but kohli did repair his attitude, after being schooled by indians. its funny, how amir, asraful are welcomed for second chance but kohli gets the third one of the hand.

i would request all/any Indian fans here to please keep your views in check as you are representing your country.. there are may be 10-20 indians here but a country of 1,000,000,000+ is judged by them because of your actions when atleast 40% dont really care much about cricket. also there is a probability that many of you dont live in india. if you have nothing positive to say please refrain. we all know where India stands. we dont have to rub it onto someone else's face. i am also confident about india winning asia cup, t20 cup but trolling other for that is not something you should be proud of. someone will always hate you as everybody has opinions. you just leave them alone..

Finally, I would request mods to reveal the age of members which will help understanding the mental condition of the person you are talking to. trolls are generally young, running high on testosterone.

thank you

sorry for such long post

BTW, having some fun is always great as we are not selectors, nor probably anybody that significant to cause any changes .. the most we can is whine, feel happy, get angry, about stuff.........
Old March 3, 2016, 12:38 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
So disrespectful equals hatred? I post on ICF and sure, will post banter against all teams - doesnt mean I hate them or cant stand their success. To be blunt, Bangladesh inspite of the massive improvement, are just not at that rivalry stage where I would begrudge them their success. Whether you consider that disrespectful or arrogance, thats your interpretation. I actually enjoy their success against other teams. I think some of you are taking banter waaaaaay too seriously, and drawing some wrong conclusions from it.
I also support bangladesh srilanka and nepal when playing others and hope for a fight to make it interesting, but no sane person can support other country. pakistan will always be india's rival even if bangladesh exceeds india in every format of cricket as rivals. if bd feels any type of rivalry towards india its able.
Old March 3, 2016, 12:46 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightman
good evening to everybody.. First of all "CONGRATS" to Bangladesh and Bujhee kom bro for winning last couple of matches and making it to the semifinals.. i missed most of the games due to work..

THE FOLLOWING IS NOT AN ATTEMPT TO......... rather said humbly

i know this is a BANGLADESI forum, for BANGLADESI people to say, do what ever they want, however, outsiders will visit when this is available on the internet. i found this forum after googling bd vs eng wc match. before that i did not even know forums existed about cricket.. and no i dont follow any other forum

anyhow, i have seen some people using bad words in the names of country for ex rendia and people's names like shefag, animal hawk, shokebaal, it does not feel good to read these type of name calling as a fan of certain country, person.. it may be ok to say anything about your own people, but when you do it to people of other countries, it is not. i am personally a big fan of sehwag. some comments about him, are poised in such manner, i also think about retaliation. but refrain. just take a deep breath and think about if some one named shakib to a bad word. wont his fans feel hurt???

some people are after kohli (i am not a fan of him), kohli this kohli that. as bad as he is, we all know it all started after wc 2011, when he called rubel some bad word. but i still have the picture in mind. everybody ignored rubel was showing eyes to him after the ball was delivered. i also hated him to some extent for that behaviour as i felt sorry for rubel and mostly because kohli was representing my country.. but kohli did repair his attitude, after being schooled by indians. its funny, how amir, asraful are welcomed for second chance but kohli gets the third one of the hand.

i would request all/any Indian fans here to please keep your views in check as you are representing your country.. there are may be 10-20 indians here but a country of 1,000,000,000+ is judged by them because of your actions when atleast 40% dont really care much about cricket. also there is a probability that many of you dont live in india. if you have nothing positive to say please refrain. we all know where India stands. we dont have to rub it onto someone else's face. i am also confident about india winning asia cup, t20 cup but trolling other for that is not something you should be proud of. someone will always hate you as everybody has opinions. you just leave them alone..

Finally, I would request mods to reveal the age of members which will help understanding the mental condition of the person you are talking to. trolls are generally young, running high on testosterone.

thank you

sorry for such long post

BTW, having some fun is always great as we are not selectors, nor probably anybody that significant to cause any changes .. the most we can is whine, feel happy, get angry, about stuff.........
Finally a sensible fan from India who isn't here to troll us and remind us how inferior we are, glad to have you in the forums, great post.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old March 3, 2016, 01:18 PM
BC Editorial Team

Asaad - simmer down please. Stick to cricket. I'm unapproving the non-cricket related posts.
Old March 3, 2016, 01:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Asaad - simmer down please. Stick to cricket. I'm unapproving the non-cricket related posts.
Your honor, this thread topic is inherently non-cricket, once the OP posted it, non cricket discussions are relevant.

Man I shoulda gone to law school!

Anyways, you got your wish.[edit]

#OneTeam1Dream

Last edited by RazabQ; March 3, 2016 at 01:45 PM.. Reason: mod.content
Old March 3, 2016, 01:47 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
just a minute razab bhai.. i have something to say here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Lol, that was the setup, the carrot ball if you will.

So lets talk about Indians. Pakistanis killing unarmed civilian Bangladeshis are evil. I think you can agree to that.,

So what about Indian BSF guards killing unarmed Bangladeshi children regardless of which side on an unmarked border they may be? No need to mention all the other indirect ways in which India is destroying the lives and livelihoods of Bangladeshis.
Quote:
Lol, that was the setup, the carrot ball if you will.

So lets talk about Indians. Pakistanis killing unarmed civilian Bangladeshis are evil. I think you can agree to that.,

So what about Indian BSF guards killing unarmed Bangladeshi children regardless of which side on an unmarked border they may be? No need to mention all the other indirect ways in which India is destroying the lives and livelihoods of Bangladeshis.
back in 2006, i went to agartala, tripura. from there i went to see bangladesh border (akhaora i think) with some local guys there. we were kids then, 11-13, went across the border to see curiousity through a chorai poth. we reached halfway through the rice fields evading the bsf but a bdf shot at us and shouted. we ran back afraid and bsf caught us and beat all of us.. later our parents came and took us away and beat us some more.. i know some of you will say this is a lie, no proof, but it happened, i was there.

not to negate the death of the girl. that was an unfortunate event. and apologies should be in order..

as there are poor people crossing borders for food, better shelter, there are also people who do for other stuff... if you don't believe that, nothing can stop you.

you did not fail to see that she was shot (which should be condemned) but you failed to see her father was not.. did you consider anything else? and also the guy who shot her was also bengali..

i dont know how old you are or what your views are.. but one thing i can tell is that i can not change yours.. truth is yours to find.. may god show you the way.. and for my part, don't become something that you hated at first..
Old March 3, 2016, 02:08 PM
Banned

Helluva story nightman.

Tragedies happen sometimes and you wish they didn't. But when small-minded people use it by twisting it to fit their bigoted world view, there's just no point in wasting your breath with such ilk. Let them stay in their own ignorant bubble, stroking their own empty egos - its not like someone else will do it for them
Old March 3, 2016, 02:09 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
just a minute razab bhai.. i have something to say here..

back in 2006, i went to agartala, tripura. from there i went to see bangladesh border (akhaora i think) with some local guys there. we were kids then, 11-13, went across the border to see curiousity through a chorai poth. we reached halfway through the rice fields evading the bsf but a bdf shot at us and shouted. we ran back afraid and bsf caught us and beat all of us.. later our parents came and took us away and beat us some more.. i know some of you will say this is a lie, no proof, but it happened, i was there.

not to negate the death of the girl. that was an unfortunate event. and apologies should be in order..

as there are poor people crossing borders for food, better shelter, there are also people who do for other stuff... if you don't believe that, nothing can stop you.

you did not fail to see that she was shot (which should be condemned) but you failed to see her father was not.. did you consider anything else? and also the guy who shot her was also bengali..

i dont know how old you are or what your views are.. but one thing i can tell is that i can not change yours.. truth is yours to find.. may god show you the way.. and for my part, don't become something that you hated at first..
Your story may be true, may be false. I don't have a problem with anecdotes per se, but its problematic because I bring my own anecdote and cite how a 2 hour car journey for me now takes 4 or 6 because Indian trucks and convoys hogging up the streets. What does my anecdote achieve, even if true? Besides the BSF shot at you thinking you were a bangladeshi kid. If anything that proves my point. You're defending someone who shot at a kid (you). Most likely you were unarmed and weren't threatening anyone.

My point is this. We all agree on Pakistani atrocities. IndYeah didn't voice any opinions about my bias or bigotry then, and rightly so. The moment we talk about India he gets scared and leaves. He couldn't have telegraphed his disdain for Bangladeshis any better.

If you want a civil discussion, I am happy to provide that and you will find me more than reasonable. But if you are looking for nastiness, I am happy to oblige. As an Indian you are probably familiar with Gandhi's concept of ahimsa - practice it if you take pride in it.

Unlike most posters here, I am an American not some goofy chuckling desi uncle with an oldworld mentality.

I am willing to say why I feel what I do. You are free to explain why India is right to kill/harm us without provocation. I won't accept what you say, but its fun hearing people out. You will not find me to be an apologist for Bangladesh. The question is are an Indian apologist like your friend IndYeah and countless others?

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 3, 2016, 02:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Helluva story nightman.

Tragedies happen sometimes and you wish they didn't. But when small-minded people use it by twisting it to fit their bigoted world view, there's just no point in wasting your breath with such ilk. Let them stay in their own ignorant bubble, stroking their own empty egos - its not like someone else will do it for them
Donald Trump also makes tall claims without backing them up. Whats your defense of Indians asking for transit through BD which will inevitably spike our HIV/AIDS incidence rates, because thatsmwhat truckers do? Whats your defense of India keeping a far larger share of water per capita from shared Rivers?

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 3, 2016, 02:28 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Your story may be true, may be false. I don't have a problem with anecdotes per se, but its problematic because I bring my own anecdote and cite how a 2 hour car journey for me now takes 4 or 6 because Indian trucks and convoys hogging up the streets. What does my anecdote achieve, even if true? Besides the BSF shot at you thinking you were a bangladeshi kid. If anything that proves my point. You're defending someone who shot at a kid (you). Most likely you were unarmed and weren't threatening anyone.

My point is this. We all agree on Pakistani atrocities. IndYeah didn't voice any opinions about my bias or bigotry then, and rightly so. The moment we talk about India he gets scared and leaves. He couldn't have telegraphed his disdain for Bangladeshis any better.

If you want a civil discussion, I am happy to provide that and you will find me more than reasonable. But if you are looking for nastiness, I am happy to oblige. As an Indian you are probably familiar with Gandhi's concept of ahimsa - practice it if you take pride in it.

Unlike most posters here, I am an American not some goofy chuckling desi uncle with an oldworld mentality.

I am willing to say why I feel what I do. You are free to explain why India is right to kill/harm us without provocation. I won't accept what you say, but its fun hearing people out. You will not find me to be an apologist for Bangladesh. The question is are an Indian apologist like your friend IndYeah and countless others?
its not BSF, it was from bangladeshi side. I dont know what bd army/ border force is called so i called them BDF (bangladesh defence force).
Old March 3, 2016, 02:29 PM
Banned

what kind of twisted logic is this? Let's assume for the sake of discussion, hypothetically that some percentage of truckers will patronize prostitutes and out of those some percentage may indulge in unprotected sex and out of those some may have HIV so all trucks are bad? Or is it only Indian trucks that are bad?

Is this what you call reasonable? You are right. You should definitely have gone to school. Looks like you missed a bunch of years there.

On your second point about water, I would discuss this with you but again your first statement is riddled with so much prejudice, and - no other word for it - utter stupidity - so then I don't see any point of explaining. The irony of you putting Donald trump in your post - its stupendous.
Old March 3, 2016, 02:32 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
its not BSF, it was from bangladeshi side. I dont know what bd army/ border force is called so i called them BDF (bangladesh defence force).
They are BDR. I saw that later, think you edited your post as it wasn't clear. So lets talk about that.

Were they justified in shooting you? Do you wish they had hit? Am I bigot for saying they were not jutified? So now, is BSF justified in shooting Bangladeshis? Am I a bigot for saying no?

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 3, 2016, 02:32 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Alright this endless back and forth needs to stop. I am closing this thread folks.
Closed Thread