facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 27, 2016, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon4567
Maybe they could have gone #6 in Div 1 will be relegated, replaced by #1 in Div 2. #5 in Div 1 will have to play a Home-Away play-off match against #2 of Div 2.

Same with Div 2, bottom most team loses test status all together, intercontinental cup winner will gain test status. with #5 in Div 2 will have to play-off against runners ups of intercontinental cup. This will give more teams an opportunity to strengthen themselves, and play test cricket.

Sort of like English Football...

I would like that system, but the Big 3 will never let that happen, as even finishing ranked #5 puts them on a chance of relegation, just imagine if England finished #6, there would be no Ashes for 2 years.
The six month window is left open for everything else including Ashes, in case those get relegated.

Old February 27, 2016, 04:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Ireland and Afghanistan have done much to create a first class system,would be hoped both get through.
Thats if the vote gets the 7 needed votes to go through.Scotland less say,and the Dutch even less,but Scotland and Holland,where Holland is 2nd are the main contenders.
What is good is Ireland and Scotland have a lot of players playing county cricket and county 2nds,but hardly any Dutch players except Ryan Detouschate,Tim Vanderguten and Tommy Cooper.The rest play in the Dutch league.
Old February 27, 2016, 06:35 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockley
Ireland and Afghanistan have done much to create a first class system,would be hoped both get through.
Thats if the vote gets the 7 needed votes to go through.Scotland less say,and the Dutch even less,but Scotland and Holland,where Holland is 2nd are the main contenders.
What is good is Ireland and Scotland have a lot of players playing county cricket and county 2nds,but hardly any Dutch players except Ryan Detouschate,Tim Vanderguten and Tommy Cooper.The rest play in the Dutch league.
Highly doubt this will go through. This is at best just David Richardson's fantasy. A cricinfo article from october which I posted here said he was asking full members how they wanted the game to be structured. Doubt the bottom 4 proposed a system where they are all threatened by a 2nd division.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 27, 2016, 07:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Bottom 3,Sri Lanka and NZ are safe.
And don't under estimate the power of the BCCI,they did re negotiate the big 3 deal.
I think its on for young and old,they wouldn't leak it if they didn't already have the numbers.
Old March 2, 2016, 03:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Vote in June,lot of horse trading before then.
Old March 2, 2016, 03:50 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Bottom 3,Sri Lanka and NZ are safe.
And don't under estimate the power of the BCCI,they did re negotiate the big 3 deal.
I think its on for young and old,they wouldn't leak it if they didn't already have the numbers.
It wasn't leaked like last time tho. Its only the guardian. Cricinfo and the ICC site dont have anything. As long as we get as many fixtures with Divison 1 sides its an OK setup esp since Ireland and Afghanistan would get test status. NZ are safe now, but 10 years from now they could be just as mediocre as they were for the previous 80 years. SL could be where the Windies are...Windies too have a few talented players. Especially promotion/relegation meams #7 could lose, especially as quicky as BD is progressing. We may 9th in June, but 2019 what if we are a 6th ranked side? #7 could then get demoted.

Last time the initial proposal had SA, PaK, BD, SL opposed. No team faced relegation excpet Bd and ZIM. This time NZ would be foolish as they could conceivably be relegated. Any of the middling sides, Pak, SL, NZ could be relegated.

Big 3 had radically change the proposal tp get everyones votes. What changed from 2013 to present? Nothing except India gets more money.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 2, 2016, 03:52 PM
Cricket Sage

Its not leak either. It was merely David Richardsons hopes which he first aired back in October on cricinfo. Nothing changed since then. Only now Richardson might bring it up at the meeting but I doubt its been agreed upon.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 2, 2016, 09:59 PM
Cricket Legend

No the word is a vote is on in June,I read today.
It hasn't been agreed upon but is on their next agenda.
and like all things gets rushed.

I think its leaked to the press so its a distinct possibility.
The talk is on the 3/4 forums I attend,and its been brought up for a discussion with authors who write on associate cricket.
So in essence its everywhere.
People leak before news gets out.As said their will be horse trading with the Ecb,CA and Bcci negotiating with all parties involved. The news always gets out via leaks,Cricket Australia leaks stuff all the time to the media to the chagrin of the players involveded.
Old March 2, 2016, 11:38 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
No the word is a vote is on in June,I read today.
It hasn't been agreed upon but is on their next agenda.
and like all things gets rushed.

I think its leaked to the press so its a distinct possibility.
The talk is on the 3/4 forums I attend,and its been brought up for a discussion with authors who write on associate cricket.
So in essence its everywhere.
People leak before news gets out.As said their will be horse trading with the Ecb,CA and Bcci negotiating with all parties involved. The news always gets out via leaks,Cricket Australia leaks stuff all the time to the media to the chagrin of the players involveded.
But that big 3 negotiation means its a useless leak. The 2014 restructuring was going to be radical...only 8 test teams, etc. It got negotiated to where there is little practical difference asides from money.

Same thing is likely to happen here, because the solution is obvious and simple but the ICC or big 3 have refused. They will continue to make crazy proposals every 2 years while changing very little. Thats my prediction.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 2, 2016, 11:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Ok,so you don't think they will buy votes.
To be honest I support a 7-5 split .
Old March 3, 2016, 01:26 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Ok,so you don't think they will buy votes.
To be honest I support a 7-5 split .
If this is a true story, which it probably is, but you never know with the ICC. But if true, the big 3 will definitely buy votes just like they did in 2014 when it was 8/0.

Then in 2018 they will buy more votes for the new 6/6 plan.

2020 will buy more votes for 5/7 plan.

2022 will buy votes for 4/8 plan.

2024 will buy votes for 3/9 plan.

2026 will buy votes for 2/10 plan.

2028 will decide to make it 0/12.

2030 will realize 0/12 is same as 12/0 and make moves to buy votes to make it 7/5.

2032 will buy votes to make it 6/6.

And on it will go cuz thats how the ICC rolls.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 3, 2016, 02:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Yes ICC never had logic to it.
Look at the ECB and foreigners,and S Africa and Zimbabwe on quotas.
Look at counties not releasing players for international cricket.
Look at the state of the Sri Lankan,West Indies,Pakistan and Zimbabwe boards.
Look at the big 3 and the rejection of the wolf report.
The list goes on.

But I actually like 2 divisions,yes poor Bangladesh,its not fair but maybe a 2nd division way will make them a better side,and they can qualify in 2021 after it starts in 2019.
Old March 3, 2016, 03:52 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Yes ICC never had logic to it.
Look at the ECB and foreigners,and S Africa and Zimbabwe on quotas.
Look at counties not releasing players for international cricket.
Look at the state of the Sri Lankan,West Indies,Pakistan and Zimbabwe boards.
Look at the big 3 and the rejection of the wolf report.
The list goes on.

But I actually like 2 divisions,yes poor Bangladesh,its not fair but maybe a 2nd division way will make them a better side,and they can qualify in 2021 after it starts in 2019.
Well as long as we can play full fixtures against Division 1 sides, its OK. But if thats the case it makes no sense to have two divisions to begin with. But if there no interdivisional fixtures, Basically cricket will die in the Division 2 teams. I have a source linked to the BCB and he says the BCB isn't even worried about this with the WT20 looming and is also confident our market makes it unlikely we will get demoted.

Who knows what will end up happening, but only playing division 2 sides will be useless for BD.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 3, 2016, 07:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Really don't care what ICC is going to do or done as long as we keep winning ICC will have tough time.

Last edited by mij; March 3, 2016 at 09:35 AM..
Old March 3, 2016, 08:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Yes true.
But Bangladesh has to prove the world wrong in test matches,that includes winning away from home.
With more T20 world cups likely,every 2 years their will be money to fund 2 divisions.
Bangladesh would survive.
Ireland and Afghanistan would prosper.
Windies and Zimbabwe may die when it comes to the 5 day game,sad but aren't they already dying.
Old March 3, 2016, 10:27 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Masrafi, Shakib, Tamim

Quote:
Yes true.
But Bangladesh has to prove the world wrong in test matches,that includes winning away from home.
With more T20 world cups likely,every 2 years their will be money to fund 2 divisions.
Bangladesh would survive.
Ireland and Afghanistan would prosper.
Windies and Zimbabwe may die when it comes to the 5 day game,sad but aren't they already dying.
I am sure like ODI and T20, BD will also be able to prove in Test matches. It took 26 years for NZ to just win the first Test match and about 40 years to become a good Test team. NZ was able to do it because they were allowed to play with the big teams. I think similar to NZ: BD, Ireland, and Afghanistan will also grow as a Test nation. BD has better potential because of it has the market for Test cricket and the Test cricket culture is already there. This is because Bangladesh was a part of a Test playing nation Pakistan for about 25 years. Dhaka hosted Test Matches during 50s, 60s and 70s. So it has almost four generations of cricket fans who follow Test cricket.
Old March 3, 2016, 11:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Look I am not bagging Bangladesh so much.
Its more I like the suggested system.
If Bangladesh we're to prove themselves in division 2 then they would be up.
And whether you like it or not their is history between Ireland,Zimbabwe,Afghanistan even the West Indies and Bangladesh.
People would still follow the games.Moreso the diehards who follow test cricket.
As a brand test cricket is suffering,and maybe 2 divisions rather than a test championship which India opposes anyway,will give some structure to the game.