facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 3, 2016, 02:24 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Windows Media Player

Thanks guys.

Hopefully in decades to come, we and the world will be commemorating in the same regard and doing the same for some of our current and developing Bangladeshi players.

Old March 3, 2016, 02:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
As Navo said, "We can choose to be magnanimous or choose to hold a grudge."

This is how one shows class to the world. We show sympathy to all (illwisher or well wisher)

Martin Crowe is not an anyone in cricketing world. When BD didn't play Intl cricket, most BD cricket fans supported Foreign individual players or teams. He was one of those who cricket fans admired for his stroke play and attitude. NZ pulling over their weight was fascinating to watch or listen.
Well you can wear don't ask other to wear it.
Old March 3, 2016, 02:39 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

RIP Martin Crowe you will always be remembered. You were the BEST I ever bowled against and a top human being. - Akram

"Technically he was absolutely fantastic. He had a presence at the crease and if you combine that with the cricket smarts he possessed you're going to have a pretty good package. It's a pretty simple formula, and he had it in spades."
Former Australia captain Allan Border told the New Zealand Herald

My champion, my hero, my friend. I will love you forever. RIP M.D.Crowe.— Russell Crowe (@russellcrowe) March 3, 2016

"You could draw a parallel between the way he batted and Greg Chappell. He was such a beautiful, elegant batsman and a terrific stroke player. When he was going, which he did plenty of times against us, there was no more difficult man to bowl to....We had our tussles in the middle but he was always the first bloke through the door for a beer at the end of the day. A tremendous human being, and I couldn't speak more highly of Martin Crowe than anyone, particularly from an opponent's point of view, on the field and off it."
Former Australia fast bowler Craig McDermott

Rest in peace Martin Crowe. A wonderful batsmen and a man with courage and conviction. Inspired generations of batsmen around the world. — Kumar Sangakkara (@KumarSanga2) March 3, 2016

Saddened to hear of the passing of a great cricketer Martin Crowe - the best New Zealand captain I played against. — Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) March 3, 2016

There were occasions when Sachin & me actually copied him, he was one of my favourite batsmen. RIP, Martin Crowe. — Sanjay Manjrekar (@sanjaymanjrekar) March 3, 2016

Very sad to wake up to the news that Martin "Hogan" Crowe has passed away...!! One of the best to play the wonderful game !! RIP — Ian Botham (@BeefyBotham) March 3, 2016

Deeply saddened to hear that Martin Crowe has passed away, master batsman & one of the great thinkers in our game. #RIPHogan — Tom Moody (@TomMoodyCricket) March 3, 2016

A modern great & Ckt icon MCrowe is no more.Brilliant Ckt brain & a warm persona.Condolences 2 family, Jeff & @BLACKCAPS.Ckt will miss him. — Anil Kumble (@anilkumble1074) March 3, 2016

Just heard the news of Martin Crowe's passing. Brilliant player and ambassador for our game. Sympathies to Jeff and the family. #Hogan — Dean Jones (@ProfDeano) March 3, 2016

So sad to hear the passing of Martin Crowe. One of the games greats on and off the field. My thoughts with family and friends. #martincrowe — Damien Martyn (@damienmartyn) March 3, 2016

One of the most stylish batsmen...one of the finest cricketing brains. The man who adorned my scrapbook is no more. R.I.P. Martin Crowe #sad — Aakash Chopra (@cricketaakash) March 3, 2016

Kiwi Gr8 MCrowe is no more & Crkt world is poorer again..truly giant o modern batsmen & fine analyst!RIP Martin Crowe!Condolences 2 NZ Crkt! — Bishan Bedi (@BishanBedi) March 3, 2016

Heartfelt condolences to family and fans of #MartinCrowe. Great cricketer and a fighter till the very end. — sachin tendulkar (@sachin_rt) March 3, 2016

Saddened to hear about the demise of 1 of my favourite batsman #MartinCrowe A great technician&an astute reader of the game.May his soul RIP — VVS Laxman (@VVSLaxman281) March 3, 2016

Sad to hear about the passing of Martin Crowe, our thoughts and prayers are with him and his family #RIP Legend. Loved knowing you. — Darren Lehmann (@darren_lehmann) March 3, 2016

Gutted to wake up to hear of the passing away of Martin Crowe...A player & person I hugely admired .. A true great of the game .. #RIPHogan — Michael Vaughan (@MichaelVaughan) March 3, 2016

Sad to hear about the passing away of Martin Crowe. A wonderful player who I grew up watching and admired. My condolences to his family! — Mahela Jayawardena (@MahelaJay) March 3, 2016

RIP Martin Crowe !!! One of the best !!! — Russel Arnold (@RusselArnold69) March 3, 2016

Few foes/opponents of his. All Non-NZers.
Old March 3, 2016, 02:40 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mij
Well you can wear don't ask other to wear it.
I can always ask. Asking is the right thing to do. You have a choice not wear it.
Old March 3, 2016, 02:41 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Windows Media Player

^
But no BD foes of his ?
Old March 3, 2016, 02:44 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixta2108
^
But no BD foes of his ?
There wasn't a BD international team back then. He retired in 1995.
Old March 3, 2016, 02:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
I can always ask. Asking is the right thing to do. You have a choice not wear it.
Good on you.
Old March 3, 2016, 04:01 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

May his soul rest in peace.

I do not know much about him while may have seen his batting when young, but I would respectfully disagree with OP suggestion. Black band is more in terms of national crisis, or world wide emergency.
Old March 3, 2016, 05:41 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Did you know that his brother, Jeff Crowe, is acting as a referee in the Asia Cup? He was a referee in the India - UAE match, wow.

By the by, aside from being a phenomenal batsman, he was also a thoughtful writer. Zaltzman's obituary referred to this article written by Martin Crowe from a couple of years back and I recall reading it back then too: http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine...ry/786989.html

"The gap. This is the space between thoughts, between breaths, between fielders, between balls. They say to experience the gap wholly brings ultimate joy in what we do. In the gap there is nothing, and it's that nothing space in which lies the secret to our purpose.

As I contemplate the meaning of much my life, a life I now truly treasure, with dangers lurking, it is in this moment of nothing that I feel at peace. Awareness has taught me that previously I was always too quick to fill the gap with judgemental, premeditated masking and conditioning."
Old March 4, 2016, 05:28 PM
First Class Cricketer

Just because he's a great cricketer, doesn't mean his death would have to be honored any differently! May he RIP, but if we wear black badges for him, we should wear for many farmers or scientists or doctors or engineers that die everyday somewhere on this earth.

Humans appear and disappear, but life goes on, so will it when you, I, we all from this forum, die one day.
Old March 5, 2016, 10:51 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_realist
Just because he's a great cricketer, doesn't mean his death would have to be honored any differently! May he RIP, but if we wear black badges for him, we should wear for many farmers or scientists or doctors or engineers that die everyday somewhere on this earth.

Humans appear and disappear, but life goes on, so will it when you, I, we all from this forum, die one day.
Then why remember/show tribute to the dead at all? Eventually everyone would HAVE TO make that journey, no?
+++

The thread/suggestion:
Because you care for others when they are alive, you show respect when they are gone. That what makes us human and not a BOT.
Old March 5, 2016, 12:45 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

"chaira de ma kainda bachi"

that's how TE bhai is feeling now after opening this thread.

personally, I don't mind either ways. if they wear black badges then its cool, if not then its okay too.