facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 6, 2016, 10:20 PM
Cricket Legend

It was always going to be a David and Goliath tussle, 1st taking on 10th. Unfortunately David doesnt have it his way all the time.

Despite being so uncomfortable in this format, the fact that they beat SL and PAK to be in the final was good enough for me. So we shouldnt look for culprits, but rather be thankful for the good effort they ve put.

Old March 6, 2016, 11:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Hmm lets see

- Tamim goes missing in tournament matches and I'm not even talking about semis, quarters, finals etc but the whole damn tournament so his performance the past two matches aren't surprising. He's good when it comes to bilaterals and leagues, that is it

- How long are we going to carry Mushfiq around in this format? As someone who comes in at #3-4 and has only one 50 and four 30+ scores in 50 innings with an average of 18 should be a very clear indicator that he isn't cut out for this format. Yet we're still saying 'he'll come good', just because he's a beast in ODIs doesn't mean he'll be so in t20s as well.
Old March 6, 2016, 11:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

^Didn't Tamim score 4 50s Asia cup 2012?

I think the point to be made here is Tamim isn't the best of T20i opener of what we have hoped for. He does well in leagues but still has not scored a match winning knock at t20i, yet.
Old March 7, 2016, 12:03 AM
Cricket Guru

^ Tamim got dropped right before the Asia Cup and was furious. He has the knack of scoring runs when his back is up against the wall. A poor 2014 and after criticism took it out on Zim when they toured, a terrible WC2015 and he took it out on Pakistan when the media jumped on him again.
Old March 7, 2016, 12:27 AM
Cricket Legend

^ He has some major issues no doubt. For me it's this format, the t20. In the other two formats; he will always be first on my list as an opener.
Old March 7, 2016, 12:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Thing is, with all these criticisms every Bangladeshi captain and players go into a shell. You never see any sort of experimentation that's why. By sending Mash at number 6 they had spent up all the experimentation quota they had because they know if they fail they are gonna get hammered. This is the thing, when the match was reduced to 15 overs we didn't know how to react to that, and to all honesty it is always hard for the team batting first to set a target. Although our target was quite good, Rony and Shakib's over did change the game with 29 overs. And you guys missed the biggest point, India is very good in chasing. They feel comfortable and they know with their batting lineup anything is chaseable, also batting second in a 15 over match was a massive advantage to them and very unfortunate to us.

To bowl them wasn't the mistake, to re-bowl Shakib was. Even Nasir for that matter for the 3rd over. Part timers should be brought in to break a partnership, once their job is done get rid of them. I feel Mash kind of had a bad day with the captaincy, I think he gave up as soon as the toss and the curtailed match was on as he wanted to bowl first badly, and they had a strategy for 20 overs and that by their liking is already foreign territory and once it was 15 overs it became almost alien to what they are used to or would like.

All that put aside, yes I would be worried about the form of Shakib and Mushfique our middle order mainstay, they need to fire and fire big if we are to reach Semis in WC. I have already discussed in another thread what we need and the biggest thing we need is a power hitter/allrounder in number 7. We need to find one RIGHT NOW.

What impressed me was that players gave it all, we scored 121 in 20 overs in the first match and we scored the same runs in 15 overs and that by itself is an improvement which we are all about right now. We have the right momentum, these group of players are very talented and young and we should trust them. Rest Mustafizur for the first round and only play him in the second round and we should be in the Semis.
Old March 7, 2016, 12:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Mushfiq needs a good knock, then he ll be back. He is still one of our best effortless six hitters.
Old March 7, 2016, 03:30 AM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

No culprits as most of us already mentioned but I thought our fielding could have easily saved a few runs if the players had judged the ball better instead of going after it too hard. Mash's field settings and bowling rotation was also bit of a let down at times.

I think the game being reduced to 15 overs confused our players a bit and they were not sure of the right approach for this game, but overall it was a valiant effort by the players against a red-hot Indian side who have made this format their own!
Old March 7, 2016, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma_o_mati
Toss...
Dhoni got lucky! It was a good toss to win for sure.
Old March 7, 2016, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Mushfiq needs a good knock, then he ll be back. He is still one of our best effortless six hitters.
Mushy lacked confidence. He needs a big knock to get back his confidence indeed.
Hopefully he will....soon. Good luck to the little master
Old March 7, 2016, 05:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Blunder in batting order... riad shouldn't bat in number 7. Who is responsible?
http://www.bbc.com/bengali/news/2016...lflow_facebook
Old March 7, 2016, 06:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
Thing is, with all these criticisms every Bangladeshi captain and players go into a shell. You never see any sort of experimentation that's why. By sending Mash at number 6 they had spent up all the experimentation quota they had because they know if they fail they are gonna get hammered. This is the thing, when the match was reduced to 15 overs we didn't know how to react to that, and to all honesty it is always hard for the team batting first to set a target. Although our target was quite good, Rony and Shakib's over did change the game with 29 overs. And you guys missed the biggest point, India is very good in chasing. They feel comfortable and they know with their batting lineup anything is chaseable, also batting second in a 15 over match was a massive advantage to them and very unfortunate to us.

To bowl them wasn't the mistake, to re-bowl Shakib was. Even Nasir for that matter for the 3rd over. Part timers should be brought in to break a partnership, once their job is done get rid of them. I feel Mash kind of had a bad day with the captaincy, I think he gave up as soon as the toss and the curtailed match was on as he wanted to bowl first badly, and they had a strategy for 20 overs and that by their liking is already foreign territory and once it was 15 overs it became almost alien to what they are used to or would like.

All that put aside, yes I would be worried about the form of Shakib and Mushfique our middle order mainstay, they need to fire and fire big if we are to reach Semis in WC. I have already discussed in another thread what we need and the biggest thing we need is a power hitter/allrounder in number 7. We need to find one RIGHT NOW.

What impressed me was that players gave it all, we scored 121 in 20 overs in the first match and we scored the same runs in 15 overs and that by itself is an improvement which we are all about right now. We have the right momentum, these group of players are very talented and young and we should trust them. Rest Mustafizur for the first round and only play him in the second round and we should be in the Semis.
Good analysis. Plus shabbir didn't play like he did before.could have easily 140ish.
Old March 7, 2016, 06:50 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Some people are never happy.
Old March 7, 2016, 07:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Nothing wrong to target big.Hope we will clear the qualify with ease.
Old March 7, 2016, 07:37 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

1 vs 10. Enough said.

Congratulations Ind.
Old March 7, 2016, 07:43 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Le Fizz

The culprit(s) are the pitches, no one apart from Sabbir had the form/technique(call it what you like) to play on such wickets consistently. Mush too has that quality but always ends up short , I don't know why?!?!?! Beshi advertisement paiya lej muta hoi gese budhoy . I thought Tamim just tried to play one dimensional slam bang wallop cricket.

By the way does Mash have a grouse or issue with Rony ? Anyone who's aware of anything.
I stopped watching when he didn't allow Rony to bowl again.
Old March 7, 2016, 07:51 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: ABD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylheti_Beta
The culprit(s) are the pitches, no one apart from Sabbir had the form/technique(call it what you like) to play on such wickets consistently. Mush too has that quality but always ends up short , I don't know why?!?!?! Beshi advertisement paiya lej muta hoi gese budhoy . I thought Tamim just tried to play one dimensional slam bang wallop cricket.

By the way does Mash have a grouse or issue with Rony ? Anyone who's aware of anything.
I stopped watching when he didn't allow Rony to bowl again.
Mushy'r fb page e to biggapon urfe advertisement er vandar. Kuno ad company'r kache nij page half bikri koira dise naki kee jane..

Go TIGERS GO...
Old March 7, 2016, 08:05 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Le Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna
Mushy'r fb page e to biggapon urfe advertisement er vandar. Kuno ad company'r kache nij page half bikri koira dise naki kee jane..
Possible.
Dollar/pound er gaddi dewa bisanat beshi ghumaiya performance down. But its cause and effect, khela beshi down hoile dollar/pound o down hoibo, tarpore gaddi flat.
Old March 7, 2016, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rana Melb
Echoed on CI -
http://www.espncricinfo.com/asia-cup...ry/979001.html
Old March 7, 2016, 01:43 PM
Cricket Sage

Who else? Mithun is the culprit.

Kopal bhalo Tamim eshe amader rokkha korlo.
Old March 7, 2016, 02:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Slow start. Poor opening gungho stuff didn't work, Tamim eating lots of deliveries trying to smash everything out the city and missing it and by doing that there too many dot balls. Needed to be least 75-80runs after 10. On that wicket needed least 140 off 15overs. Thought Sabbir could have played few more shots in the air for some sixes a 30ball 50 off someone could have taken the score to beyond 140.

Oh well. It's over. Next...

One thing for sure Bangladesh has taken asia cup to another level by their good performances and are now capable of challenging any, (even Ramis Raja said Bangladesh are the 2nd best side in Asia). And for that reason the Asia cup will be much more tense in the future and very competitive too.
Old March 7, 2016, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rana Melb
I don't think it was a blander at all. What if Mullah comes earlier and failed??

Mullah has scored 33 out of only 13 balls which made the match interesting. I stand by team mgt here.
Old March 7, 2016, 04:11 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

BD lost the first match to India and some one was commentating.
BD lost the last match to India and some one was commentating.
BD won all the matches in between and someone was not commentating.

Jus sayin'.
Old March 7, 2016, 04:59 PM
Cricket Legend

^Shamim Chowdhary? LoL