facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 7, 2016, 05:50 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Congrats to India.

Congrats to Horizon, Austin, KKohli, Vahroone, Senman,Vayuu, Nightman and all the other Indian fans here.

You guys have a good shot at World T20.
Thanks buddy, and commiserations to you guys as well, you competed well and were in the game till penultimate over.

Old March 7, 2016, 08:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Hats off to the Indian cricket team. Very difficult to overcome such a powerful batting lineup. I'm glad Bangladesh didn't make it easy on them. Made for a thrilling encounter. Dhoni could have made it more exciting by waiting to hit all those 4s and 6s in the last over.
Old March 7, 2016, 10:16 AM
Banned

Thanks to all. Good thread.

Team has done well. Bangladesh did a huge favor to India by setting up bowler friendly conditions. Team has the batting talent to handle it, and it gives the bowlers just enough of a boost to make them effective.

All things considered, I don't think India wins the WC this year. There are 2 glaring weaknesses that are not very visible right now due to the pitch conditions in the Asia cup.

1. The bowling is not at a level where it can find ways to be effective in good batting conditions - they can and will be attacked successfully by good batting units. Hard truth is that there were no top-notch batting units that ever put them under pressure in the last 5-6 games.

2. On a true flat track, against a team with a good batting unit, there is a good chance that India will be outgunned with the bat - This has to do a bit with personnel at their disposal and also the team strategy. India are a conservative batting side that hardly ever goes for it from ball one - They bat with an approach that prioritizes risk minimization. They attempts to rule out a collapse and a sub-par total, and are ready to give up the big par-plus-plus total that would just put the game away.

Its a different approach to say, Australia - who if batting first, ALWAYS aim for 200 and try to just murder the bowlers and only curtail the risk taking if they lose 3+ wickets. They are ready to risk a sub-par total and end up with 120-140 if it comes to that. Now Oz has not been very successful in T20s, because at times they overdo the aggression. But I feel this is an area with some room for improvement for India, because they often leave 15-20 runs on the ground, by not pressing that much harder due to their risk-mitigation batting strategy. This can come back and bite them in a high scoring game against a quality batting unit such as South Africa/Australia or even England - Pommies lately have been trying to out-aussie the aussies with their batting style and will be the dark horse this World cup.

On the batting personnel front, India lack a little bit of depth in power-hitting and are a bit top heavy. Hardik Pandya's debut and Yuvraj's steady improvement has made the picture look a bit better but this is still an issue for Team India. Kohli is a great batsman, but he's never going to score at 180-200 SR. The responsibility of such big hitting rests with a streaky at best, hackish at worst Shikar Dhawan, a fading superstar who is a shadow of his prior champion self - Yuvraj - and he clearly can't do what he used against 145+ Pace. Sure, there's a promising rookie, but he's already shown a classic limited power-zone on the legside and is still to show success against top-class pace bowling. Suresh Raina is a true match winner in t20s, but he's also getting older. The best bet for carrying the total to 190+ is with these guys who are nowhere near the best at what they do.
Old March 7, 2016, 10:45 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndYeah
Thanks to all. Good thread.

Team has done well. Bangladesh did a huge favor to India by setting up bowler friendly conditions. Team has the batting talent to handle it, and it gives the bowlers just enough of a boost to make them effective.

All things considered, I don't think India wins the WC this year. There are 2 glaring weaknesses that are not very visible right now due to the pitch conditions in the Asia cup.

1. The bowling is not at a level where it can find ways to be effective in good batting conditions - they can and will be attacked successfully by good batting units. Hard truth is that there were no top-notch batting units that ever put them under pressure in the last 5-6 games.

2. On a true flat track, against a team with a good batting unit, there is a good chance that India will be outgunned with the bat - This has to do a bit with personnel at their disposal and also the team strategy. India are a conservative batting side that hardly ever goes for it from ball one - They bat with an approach that prioritizes risk minimization. They attempts to rule out a collapse and a sub-par total, and are ready to give up the big par-plus-plus total that would just put the game away.

Its a different approach to say, Australia - who if batting first, ALWAYS aim for 200 and try to just murder the bowlers and only curtail the risk taking if they lose 3+ wickets. They are ready to risk a sub-par total and end up with 120-140 if it comes to that. Now Oz has not been very successful in T20s, because at times they overdo the aggression. But I feel this is an area with some room for improvement for India, because they often leave 15-20 runs on the ground, by not pressing that much harder due to their risk-mitigation batting strategy. This can come back and bite them in a high scoring game against a quality batting unit such as South Africa/Australia or even England - Pommies lately have been trying to out-aussie the aussies with their batting style and will be the dark horse this World cup.

On the batting personnel front, India lack a little bit of depth in power-hitting and are a bit top heavy. Hardik Pandya's debut and Yuvraj's steady improvement has made the picture look a bit better but this is still an issue for Team India. Kohli is a great batsman, but he's never going to score at 180-200 SR. The responsibility of such big hitting rests with a streaky at best, hackish at worst Shikar Dhawan, a fading superstar who is a shadow of his prior champion self - Yuvraj - and he clearly can't do what he used against 145+ Pace. Sure, there's a promising rookie, but he's already shown a classic limited power-zone on the legside and is still to show success against top-class pace bowling. Suresh Raina is a true match winner in t20s, but he's also getting older. The best bet for carrying the total to 190+ is with these guys who are nowhere near the best at what they do.
On flat tracks india can match any batting lineup, you are forgetting onething that even though tracks are going to be batting friendly there is going to be a bit of help for spinners, this is a long tournament so spin will come into play as the tournament progress, I think we should have added pandey and nair into the squad and hooda as well, as far as going from ball one is concerned I think dhawan has been given that licence and sharma has been given role to lay a foundation, since batting is deep dhoni, raina yuvi and pandya are floaters, regarding pace bowling, I think Bumrah has made a huge difference, plus in this format, no bowler is safe.
Old March 7, 2016, 10:49 AM
Club Cricketer

Regarding hitter is concerned, I think yuvi , getting some much needed runs, Pandya's blitz and dhoni 's onslaught has solved a lot of problems, raina's form is bit of concern but make no mistake, he is a clutch player in big tournament and dhawan excels under pressure, he was the man of the tournament in champ trophy.
Old March 7, 2016, 10:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vayuu1
On flat tracks india can match any batting lineup, you are forgetting onething that even though tracks are going to be batting friendly there is going to be a bit of help for spinners, this is a long tournament so spin will come into play as the tournament progress, I think we should have added pandey and nair into the squad and hooda as well, as far as going from ball one is concerned I think dhawan has been given that licence and sharma has been given role to lay a foundation, since batting is deep dhoni, raina yuvi and pandya are floaters, regarding pace bowling, I think Bumrah has made a huge difference, plus in this format, no bowler is safe.
Yeah, I mean we are one of the top 3 teams with a shot at winning the world cup - I just feel that the one chance we have left open to other teams is being out-gunned in a super high-scoring game, especially if we bat first. We might end up putting up 190-odd instead of 210 and then end up missing those extra 10-15 runs that may cost us a game.

Basically, we don't look to maximize the power-play - we look to ensure that not too many wickets are lost - we aim at 40/0 instead of 65/2 in the first 6.
Old March 7, 2016, 01:39 PM
Test Cricketer

The Best team won in the end, everyone knew it would be tough beating this in form team especially in Twenty20s

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old March 7, 2016, 01:57 PM
Cricket Sage

What congratulation?

it was a warm up match, as some Indian fans were claiming.

Warm up match-e ki kew contratulation janaye? Jananye na.

Tai sorry.... money ichha chilo ... kintu congratulation janate parlam na.
Old March 7, 2016, 02:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

No congratz from me. Serious game will be in the world t20 and we will take revenge with our main bowler back :P
Old March 7, 2016, 06:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
What congratulation?

it was a warm up match, as some Indian fans were claiming.

Warm up match-e ki kew contratulation janaye? Jananye na.

Tai sorry.... money ichha chilo ... kintu congratulation janate parlam na.
Pure banter!
Old March 7, 2016, 09:22 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndYeah
Yeah, I mean we are one of the top 3 teams with a shot at winning the world cup - I just feel that the one chance we have left open to other teams is being out-gunned in a super high-scoring game, especially if we bat first. We might end up putting up 190-odd instead of 210 and then end up missing those extra 10-15 runs that may cost us a game.

Basically, we don't look to maximize the power-play - we look to ensure that not too many wickets are lost - we aim at 40/0 instead of 65/2 in the first 6.
In case you forgot we did chased 200 in Australia
Old March 8, 2016, 01:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

I am proud of my team, but credit goes to india as they were favorite from the ball started for this tournament, india played as expected but our guys have shown lots of class and confidence in this format. Rightly best two team of the asia cup played final and india won it in style. Congratulations to them. I congratulate to our team too for showing the dtermintion to adapt this shorter version.
Old March 8, 2016, 08:20 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Also congrats to Ganesh, Pritikul, Stuge, FanfromAsam, IndYeah and Indian-X.