facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 15, 2005, 05:16 AM
ODI Cricketer

My Team
1.Javed Omar
2.Mohammad Rafique(By default there will be one out for 0, let it be Rafique. If default fail we could dreem for win atleast for sometime)
3.Tushar Imran
4.Nafis Iqbal
5.Mohammad Ashraful
6.Habibul Bashar
7.Aftab Ahmed
8.Manjural Rana
9.Khaled Masud
10.Taposh (We need batsman like Taposh Not bowler like Nazmul)
11.Mashrafee Mortaza

I know no one would agree with me......

Old June 15, 2005, 05:24 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by salin
My Team
1.Javed Omar
2.Mohammad Rafique(By default there will be one out for 0, let it be Rafique. If default fail we could dreem for win atleast for sometime)
3.Tushar Imran
4.Nafis Iqbal
5.Mohammad Ashraful
6.Habibul Bashar
7.Aftab Ahmed
8.Manjural Rana
9.Khaled Masud
11.Mashrafee Mortaza

I agree with ur selection but not with the batting combination.I want to see Aftab as opener.He is a good batsman against fast bowlers.
Btw.No place for Rajin?
Old June 15, 2005, 05:33 AM
ODI Cricketer

Ha ha ha ha .........
Old June 15, 2005, 05:33 AM
ODI Cricketer

Ha ha ha ha .........
Old June 15, 2005, 07:00 AM
Test Cricketer

Just be logical. Lets think in a realistic way. The team management has already revealed that Javed, Iqbal, Aftab, Bashar, Ashraful, and Tushar are the backbone of our team therefore they're are gonna play in the first odi. Our two veterans: Rafique and Mashud can't be left out because of their experience. They already mentioned that Tapash is gonna be rested, which means our two frontline pacers: Mashrafe and Nazmul will make their ways in the team. Rajin is not playing due to his form. So who's left behind? Mahmud and Manzural, but Mahmud will be selected. This is because of his experience in the English conditions, and his bowling is suitable in these pitches. Furthermore, he's one of our most experienced all-rounders and he performed quiet well in the practice matches. Eventhough Manzural is a strong contender, he has to work a bit more hard. But looking at the circumstances, this turns out to be the final team(in no order):
Javed, Iqbal, Bashar, Ashraful, Aftab, Tushar, Mashud, Mahmud, Rafique, Mashrafe and Nazmul.
Old June 15, 2005, 07:14 AM
Club Cricketer

Not to forget Mahmud had a hand in all the major ODI victories of Bangladesh. He should be an automatic choice considering his form, English condition, experience so on and so forth. Besides his presence in the field is required for Bashar as he appeared clueless in the test series. There was no thinking in the field placing, bowling change which the commentators were mentioning time and again.
Old June 15, 2005, 07:26 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by salin
My Team
1.Javed Omar
3.Tushar Imran
4.Nafis Iqbal
5.Mohammad Ashraful
6.Habibul Bashar
7.Aftab Ahmed
8.Manjural Rana
9.Khaled Masud
11.Mashrafee Mortaza

If the top order can't get the runs what will Taposh do batting at number 10 ???

Nazmul is by far the better choice with his bowling !!
Old June 15, 2005, 07:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by israr
... So who's left behind? Mahmud and Manzural, but Mahmud will be selected. This is because of his experience in the English conditions, and his bowling is suitable in these pitches. Furthermore, he's one of our most experienced all-rounders and he performed quiet well in the practice matches. Eventhough Manzural is a strong contender, he has to work a bit more hard... Javed, Iqbal, Bashar, Ashraful, Aftab, Tushar, Mashud, Mahmud, Rafique, Mashrafe and Nazmul.
You are very much right. But if the management thinks that we should play with two genuine spinners, then Rana is the choice.
Let's see, who is making his way to the team.
Old June 15, 2005, 08:12 AM
ODI Cricketer

If the top order can't get the runs what will Taposh do batting at number 10 ??? --SHISH AHMED

You are hiding the reason in your back.
Your question itself contain the answer.
Old June 15, 2005, 08:25 AM
Test Cricketer

I hope many of you will agree that it isn't such a dum idea to use mahmud as opener in place of rafique. I feel mahmud will be more useful than rafique. English pitches are better suited for his type of bowling, and rafique hasn't impressed much by either his batting or his bowling on this tour. Manzarul did well in the practice match so I give him the nod ahead of rafique for the lone spinner's place in the final 11.