facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 14, 2005, 08:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Rana will outperform Ashraful both in batting and bowling average in the ODI series. Too bad no one will give it an importance until after the series is over and stat will prove me correct one more time.

Old June 14, 2005, 09:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

reyme
Good to hear from you again. I have stopped writing and arguing about Rana. Regarding Chacha, I won't even argue, as it is pointless. I will be watching how these two "superstars" perform. In the meantime, I wish them luck, as we will need a lot of it..
Old June 14, 2005, 09:16 PM
Cricket Guru

feisal
That Rana innings was away in Zimbabwe last year. We had a hundred opening partnership with Rana and Hannan. Both got fifties. Rana scored 60+actually . You mention that innings was an enigma. I say it was an anomaly.
Old June 14, 2005, 09:43 PM
Street Cricketer

Based on performance and statistics, there is no reason not to take Rana into the ODI team. He might not have the talent of an Ashraful or the class of a Sumon, but he more often than not delivers what is expected of him. In the final analysis, thats all that counts.
Old June 14, 2005, 09:51 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Anomaly? could be, but then again the same has to be the innings in asia cup with ash, the innings in Namibia before zim tour to avoid some embarrassments and that unbeaten 33 against WI. forgot details of the innings in Namibia but it can sure be dug up if needed.

but i remember one thing. before u stopped arguing about rana u made a comment that rana is another mushfiqur in making. u asked to mark your words. as u can see, i did. i'm hoping to prove you wrong, in this vary series. even if he can't do it in this series, he will never end up like hannan mushfiqur or alok. u can mark my word in this! the reason is the fighting characteristic. rana will not give up, and so he will stay.
Old June 14, 2005, 10:14 PM
Cricket Legend

for some reason rana just seems different. he knows that he is not the favorite for some unfortunate reasons. and for some reasons it is hard for him to stay in the spotlight. so he knows that it is hard for him to stay in the team and he will work harder than anyone to stay in the team. and this way he will do better than anyone even though he might not be a stroke player like ashraful.
Old June 15, 2005, 08:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Everybody has his own perspective and it varies too much from person to person. If I ask, who the best cricketer of Bangladesh is, obviously there will be quite different answers.
Similarly, question about Rana is also subjected to these perspectives. But, if I ask one question, who is the 2nd best genuine spinner of Bangladesh after Rafiq with a better batting ability, I believe most of us will agree that it is Rana. That's why Rana cannot get chance in the Test any more ahead of Enam Jr., whereas in ODIs he is an automatic choice, if Team Management considers having two spinners in the team.
Old June 15, 2005, 10:04 AM
Cricket Guru

AgentSmith
Wow! I must appreciate the level of support you have for your guy Rana. Thanks for rekindling my memory. I, indeed have made that comment earlier. You don't have to prove me wrong though . Playing well for Bangladesh is all that I/we care about. There is no personal grudge here against Rana. Please understand that. I am allowed to dislike someone ( as a cricketer ) just as you are entitled to your likings. I have been proved wrong before. Won't be surprised if that happens again!

Chacha is playing instead of Rana! I think Rana is the better of the two.