facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #701  
Old September 29, 2016, 03:08 PM
kalpurush's Avatar
kalpurush kalpurush is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: June 7, 2005
Location: Victoria: Heaven's Earth!
Posts: 19,082

I thought the Afghans were the unfortunate once who got the worse decisions!
__________________
> Start slow. Build a base. Then explode.
> I needed to perform so that I could give my countrymen an occasion to cherish and be proud of - Ice Man
> My photographs @ flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/obayedh/
Reply With Quote

  #702  
Old September 29, 2016, 03:09 PM
kalpurush's Avatar
kalpurush kalpurush is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: June 7, 2005
Location: Victoria: Heaven's Earth!
Posts: 19,082

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
fazal - don't let Taijul have a pass. He didn't beat the batsmen even once.
Taijul seems a gone case to me! It seems he doesn't practice at all to me. Very unfortunate indeed.
__________________
> Start slow. Build a base. Then explode.
> I needed to perform so that I could give my countrymen an occasion to cherish and be proud of - Ice Man
> My photographs @ flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/obayedh/
Reply With Quote
  #703  
Old September 29, 2016, 03:39 PM
Rifat's Avatar
Rifat Rifat is online now
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 30, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi
Posts: 14,983

BCB made a huge mistake this time by not hiring DRS and yet hiring semi-competent umpires. I think not using DRS made a huge difference...(Shakib/Sabbir's wicket)
Reply With Quote
  #704  
Old September 29, 2016, 09:57 PM
MHRAM MHRAM is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 30, 2013
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey
Posts: 7,700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
BCB made a huge mistake this time by not hiring DRS and yet hiring semi-competent umpires. I think not using DRS made a huge difference...(Shakib/Sabbir's wicket)
probaby would also eradicate the howlers Afghan batsman faced.

But just for the sake of integrity, DRS should have been used but DRS isn't cheap and this is Afghanistan we are talking about. Which means less income to begin with. DRS not mandatory
Reply With Quote
  #705  
Old September 30, 2016, 12:32 AM
horizon horizon is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: January 29, 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 1,846

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
probaby would also eradicate the howlers Afghan batsman faced.

But just for the sake of integrity, DRS should have been used but DRS isn't cheap and this is Afghanistan we are talking about. Which means less income to begin with. DRS not mandatory
This is the problem with DRS. To implement it, you need snicko and 20 other technology those you shouldn't need.

What we need is just the referral system. The vanilla third umpire could see it the same way we see on the TV and decide whether it's a howler. To correct howler, you don't need to take the burden of a big cost. If it's not a howler, just go with the on field call.
__________________
The best tennis ball cricketer ever ... is ...
Reply With Quote
  #706  
Old September 30, 2016, 12:34 AM
MHRAM MHRAM is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 30, 2013
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey
Posts: 7,700

^Visual evidence of deflection can work sometimes and sometimes not.

You need snicko atleast for that purpose. And balltracker too.
Reply With Quote
  #707  
Old September 30, 2016, 12:41 AM
Cricket4All Cricket4All is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: November 18, 2014
Posts: 835

Umpiring standard is poor, but we got as many bad decision as Afghans did !
Reply With Quote
  #708  
Old September 30, 2016, 12:45 AM
horizon horizon is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: January 29, 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 1,846

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
^Visual evidence of deflection can work sometimes and sometimes not.

You need snicko atleast for that purpose. And balltracker too.
Yup I know, but something is better than nothing. You avoid all costs associated with it but get right decision in 20-25% of cases. If ball-tracker is not there, we'll have to go with the umpire's decision for those.
__________________
The best tennis ball cricketer ever ... is ...
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket