facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 10, 2016, 10:01 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
He was right!
Jhorey bok morey, Ajfar'er golabaji barey. Ar tumio tal dao? Naah, bhobishshot kharap!!!

++
Congrats Ajfar. Faki-jhuki maira....Jittey gela. 1st time ogsho grohon korlam ei mickey mouse tournament'a. This is it. You guys are done for.

Old December 10, 2016, 10:12 PM
Cricket Guru

This is a farce! The Russians rigged it, re-count, re-count! Jadu is ahead of me ffs

Anyways, congrats Ajfar on a crushing win, almost 1000 points ahead of second place. Also thanks to NW and Rifat for conducting and maintaining a successful league
Old December 10, 2016, 10:31 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

First of all, congratulations to Ajfar on winning this fantasy tournament...good pick Riyad was. Custom title on the way for you bro

Secondly, I can't stop thanking the two most important guys who dedicated and sacrificed their time in doing all the hard labor to ensure that we get the ball rolling and keeping our hopes up high with the points and leaderboard. Thank you Rifat and Night_wolf bhais.

Lastly, all the members who participated with their funny team names...Haram Harambe-> Most creative. Also, the guys whose team ended up in the bottom tier...I know how it feels to be there..I finished last last year...Fleabottomers we are...Good finish for my lifeline iCricket, Night_wolf, Tigers_eye, MHRAM, Max100, Rifat, Jadukor, rinath, Rez1, Tausif, Wakidul...

If there was one thing that was missing, then I would gleefully name it as 'trash talk'..there were instances of that occuring but...it's not that relevant..My opinion....

SO, until Next year...all the best...
Old December 10, 2016, 10:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Awards Ceremony:

Goes to....Anik SH.

Goes to....Kiriket

Goes to....Rez_1

and the final cup goes to...:drumroll:

Ajfar. Congrats on winning BPL Fantasy 2016. This belongs to you. Congratulations to everyone for participation and making this very much fun.
Old December 10, 2016, 11:07 PM
Cricket Sage

Thanks guys! Making Riyad Captain paid off. I literally put my team together in 2 mintues. In the past I would spend at least couple hour trying to work out different combinations. This time I just went down the player list and picked out names. Now that I have the winning formula down, its time to rinse and repeat.

Special thanks to Rifat and Night Wolf for hosting the fantasy league. Without the fantasy league I think a lot of us wouldn't have followed the BPL that closely. I wish they would start showing DPL games on TV. We could do fantasy leagues for domestic tournaments to raise some interest in BC.
Old December 10, 2016, 11:32 PM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

Congratulations Ajfar bhai! Making Riyad captain was a great decision! You thoroughly deserved this!

Props to Rifat bhai and Night_wolf bhai for organizing this. It has been great fun this BPL and it wouldn't have been possible without you guys! Thank you!

I should treat myself for this. I was just expecting top 10 finish so finishing top 5 is a great achievement. If only Shakib showed up this tournament...But no chinta, next year dekhay dimu!
Old December 11, 2016, 12:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Awards Ceremony:

Goes to....Rez_1

Congrats on winning BPL Fantasy 2016. This belongs to you. Congratulations to everyone for participation and making this very much fun.

Thanks for the awesome prize, I really liked it. The best and most valuable prize I got after a while

But I wished Rifat bro would have been much more patriotic and given some points for the "Best Bangladeshi Performer of the Tournament". Tamim deserved some points at least 300 (I would have been well and flying above everyone..)

Anyways awesome time was spend in this thread. Jaw breaking finish
Old December 11, 2016, 05:43 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Heh heh.. roman army chora hujur below me... shantiiii
Old December 11, 2016, 07:03 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReZ_1

Thanks for the awesome prize, I really liked it. The best and most valuable prize I got after a while

But I wished Rifat bro would have been much more patriotic and given some points for the "Best Bangladeshi Performer of the Tournament". Tamim deserved some points at least 300 (I would have been well and flying above everyone..)

Anyways awesome time was spend in this thread. Jaw breaking finish
I didn't know such award existed. I can't change rules in the middle of the tournament. next fantasy insha Allah!
Old December 11, 2016, 07:19 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shabbir and Taskin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Awards Ceremony:

Goes to....Anik SH.

Honestly speaking I am feeling very proud for this marvelous feat. It's a special feeling that can't be express by some written words. It's an unbearable joy.

Lastly i am very thankful to the fantasy league. And also dedicating this great landmark of being last to all the BC members. This is all yours . I am grateful to you. I appreciate the trophy. Thanks a lot

Last edited by Anik SH; December 11, 2016 at 08:44 AM..
Old December 11, 2016, 07:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

2nd last in 2015

3rd last in 2016

definitely i am the most consistent
Old December 11, 2016, 09:19 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

That wooden spoon looks more real than 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place medallions.

Probably the most expensive as well
Old December 11, 2016, 04:15 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Heh heh.. roman army chora hujur below me... shantiiii
Karchuli hoyechey..karchupi..I demand recount.

Congrats Ajfar. Keep the crown for a year. Next year you have to give it back to me. Till then enjoy
Old December 11, 2016, 06:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

i like man of the series and 500 point but from next series, we should not have man of the series point double for captain. thats too much point difference and devalues rest of the player and match performance. way too much importance about man of the series.

tamim and mahmudullah both deserve to be man of the series. just for few performances and for situation difference, getting 1000 points extra is too much. too harsh for people who had tamim as captain. Although, i had none of them

just suggestions for next tournament
Old December 15, 2016, 09:57 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max100
i like man of the series and 500 point but from next series, we should not have man of the series point double for captain. thats too much point difference and devalues rest of the player and match performance. way too much importance about man of the series.

tamim and mahmudullah both deserve to be man of the series. just for few performances and for situation difference, getting 1000 points extra is too much. too harsh for people who had tamim as captain. Although, i had none of them

just suggestions for next tournament
The player gets some points for anything and everything. The rules states that if he is captain then the point are doubled. That's how Mahmudullah got 1000 points for people who had him as captain, other than that, people who had him but not as captain got only 500 points. I do not want to change this. I think choosing Man of the series out of all the players carries a ton of weight.

I was not aware of the "most valuable BD player" award...I might incorporate it next year if I get to run it again next year.
Old December 15, 2016, 10:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Actually, Max100 has a good point. I will think about it if Man of the series award gets doubled for captain or not... even if it wasn't Ajfar would still have won this edition anyways!
Old December 15, 2016, 10:17 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

^

I wouldn't change it. Whoever picked Mahmudullah, and as captain too is equivalent to winning the lottery. Remember, it is called a "fantasy" league for a reason. Either way, it doesn't really matter.

My suggestion for next season, is to add bonus points for scoring 50s and 100s.
Old December 15, 2016, 10:51 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSports
^

I wouldn't change it. Whoever picked Mahmudullah, and as captain too is equivalent to winning the lottery. Remember, it is called a "fantasy" league for a reason. Either way, it doesn't really matter.

My suggestion for next season, is to add bonus points for scoring 50s and 100s.
I like it.

slight tweak in rules for next year:

50 points for a fifty.
100 points for century.

Bonus points for Batsmen are as follows:

If run ball differential is negative then points for that innings = (-1)*2*run-ball differential. If it is positive then it is (2)*run-ball differential.

bonus runs for sixes and fours are doubled just like this league.

Bowling Economy bonus/penalty is same as this year. Maidens are 50 points.