facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 7, 2017, 09:46 AM
ODI Cricketer

As someone said previously, the thread opener here is asking to be ridiculed.
I hope he turns out to be Stoke but it is too early to predict anything.

On a similar note, I always rated Ziaur Rahman highly as a seamer all-rounder. He was possibly the only power hitter to play for Bangladesh. Unfortunately he was not given enough chances...His shots are not pretty to look at may be but neither is the case with any power hitters (maxwell, powell etc).

Old April 7, 2017, 10:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

I want him to be Saifuddin the world will remember him by his name end of his career!! He looks promising, long long way to go !!
Old April 7, 2017, 11:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonmoy.dhaka
On a similar note, I always rated Ziaur Rahman highly as a seamer all-rounder. He was possibly the only power hitter to play for Bangladesh. Unfortunately he was not given enough chances...His shots are not pretty to look at may be but neither is the case with any power hitters (maxwell, powell etc).
I don't think Zia could be seen as a power hitter. He was mostly a blind slogger who rarely connected. But, I agree he could have been afforded with a few more chances. His bowling is more than handy and, perhaps, with the right coaching and management, could have been turned into a decent batter/hitter.

I think to this date in Tamim we have the best power hitter -if he wants to take the game to the bowlers. Sabbir and Soumya are right up there, too. We missed the boat with Mash. Because of his injuries and some negligence on his part we have missed out on a genuine allrounder and a power hitter.
Old April 7, 2017, 12:53 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaan
I want him to be Saifuddin the world will remember him by his name end of his career!! He looks promising, long long way to go !!
The same was declared for Mukhtar Ali as well once.
Old April 7, 2017, 10:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoibboshach
I don't think Zia could be seen as a power hitter. He was mostly a blind slogger who rarely connected. But, I agree he could have been afforded with a few more chances. His bowling is more than handy and, perhaps, with the right coaching and management, could have been turned into a decent batter/hitter.

I think to this date in Tamim we have the best power hitter -if he wants to take the game to the bowlers. Sabbir and Soumya are right up there, too. We missed the boat with Mash. Because of his injuries and some negligence on his part we have missed out on a genuine allrounder and a power hitter.
Exactly the case. Zia is a bowler turned all rounder. Batting technique, really not quite there. Same with Abul Hasan etc.

Saifuddin though has a solid technique-from what i saw in the Under 19 WC. Proper batsman.
Old April 11, 2017, 08:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

This guy's on field behaviour is like stokes too. People dream about taskin breaking 150 mark lol where he bowls merely 140k. I am convinced he is our stokes. Get back to me after 10 years.
Old April 11, 2017, 12:48 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoibboshach

I take that a lot of you guys have not seen the domestic 50 over competetion few years back.
Ziaur Rahman is the only cricketer I recall who actually won a few matches for his domestic team coming in late in the order and scoring at over 11 runs per over. In the domestic circle he was known as one of the few guys who can do the impossible sometimes.

Also he is not a blind slogger but he is a slogger. When you are slogging, and lets say you missed a slower ball than it looks ugly. Even our most correct batsman (Mushfique) missed slogging a slower ball against malinga and got bowled in last T20.
Old April 11, 2017, 01:30 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

In an ab-jab league Stokes scored a 2 and went for 10+ in for overs.

I don't want him to anywhere near to stokes.