facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 10, 2017, 10:56 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Too much drama going on regarding Mash's retirement. And our journalists are just writing reports that public want to read.

We are behind Afghanistan in T20 and change is needed. Now that Haturu is trying to make changes, our emotional people making a fuss about it.

We won't develop as a team if we can't surpass this hollow passion. I am glad that Haturu is brave enough to take some bold decisions.

Old April 10, 2017, 11:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out_You_Go
Read the article and I am not convinced.

I am usually a practical, no-nonsense guy. Though I appreciate what Mash done for our cricket, his drama about Mahmudulah didnt impress me. The worst test performer in the squad got dropped and rightly so. We have given Mash a God-status too much sometimes I think. Whatever he says is not stone-plated and is not without fault.

Mominul should work a little bit and can become Pujara - I have heard it all. It will take ages for Mominul to touch Pujara's level and few sessions here and there are not going to cut it. Again, a retarded logic.

And the worst of them, 595 and was 'ordered' to declare when Mushfiq said BD will collapse the 2nd innings? My question - How was he so sure about collapsing? Is he and the others are not confident in their abilities? What sorta mentality is that from an international level captain? This seriously makes me wonder if the team deliberately collapsed 2nd innings just to prove Haturu wrong. I wont be surprised at all.

Haturu is exactly the no-sh*t coach we need for the team who will smack the drama out of these morons. If needed, drop all the 'seniors' and build the team from scratch. They are dispensable and they need to be reminded of it. We have players in the likes in Miraz, Shanto, Afif coming along who will do even better with the right attitude and coaching from a young age.

I absolutely loved it when he dropped Tamim and fan-favorite Taskin from the 2nd T20. We won it handsomely, didnt we?

Loved the fact he kicked Riyad and Mominul from the 2nd test. See how the debutant Mosaddek attacked the ball when we need 30 odd runs and calmed the nerves? We ended up winning a freaking away test match after years. Would 'senior' Riyad have ever taken that approach?

Keep these philosophical drama queens on stick and they will keep performing, even if it is "God" Mashrafe. More power to Huturu.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonmoy.dhaka
My disagreement with Players including Mash: (agreement with Hathu)

1/ When a team scores 595 in first innings, they should be confident about declaring. Worrying about 2nd innings failiure just shows weak mentality of the players. They dont trust in their ability

2/ Mominul can never be Chetashwar Pujara. He always looks streaky. If he has a weakness against off-spin, that needs to be sorted in the domestic not the national team camp.

3/ Mahmudullah never looked solid in test. Deserved to be dropped.

4/ Neither the coach or the players are bigger than the country. We play for the country and play with 11 players who can contribute the most as a team. Selection should not be based on seniority.

My disagreement with the coach (agreement with players)

1/ Rubel is too good a bowler to be outside the squad specially in ODI and T20

2/Mahmudullah is a great batsman for ODI and T20.

Overall, we improved because of coach , one cannot deny that. It takes guts to drop guys like Razzaq, Mominul, Mahmudullah and the result is clear for everyone to see.

Agreed !!
Old April 10, 2017, 12:25 PM

Not just 'Kaler Kontho', 'bdnews24' or even 'Prothom Alo' these days reports pops out with sesational or melo-dramatic titles, desperete to get online user access, attention. Nothing conclussive, nothing authontic, nothing creative, or analytic but full of speculations, cooked up stories or rumors, out of context conversations from X,Y,Z, and so on only to show off their pathetic sports journalism credential.

We fans, as well as our players should reject these trash and focus on cricket and its future. In fact, I fell like cricket management or ex cricketers should take this irresponsible media issue seriously, and make them realize and act accordingly, professionally for the betterment of our cricket culture.
Old April 10, 2017, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
I've just read the article about Mash's accusation of the coach. I hope it is nothing but yellow journalism. Because, Mashrafe here has got nothing to clutch on.

-About the gripe of dropping Riyadh. Riyadh has been the worst performer in the test side for the last three years. If anything he was dropped much too late.

-Dropping Mominul. Again, mominul had been below average for the last two years. The national team is not the place to work on a technical issue such as this. If Mash really wanted Mominul to be the next Pujara, then he knows that mominul would need to work as hard as Pujara.

-Declaring on NZ. Again, listening to Mushfiq here is doing nothing but affirming a negative train of thought. If you can't bat second innings and mentally wuss out, then maybe you should be next on the chopping block.

Look guys, I am a firm believer of the experienced players. Tamim, Shakib, Mushfiq and Mash are our pillars of the team. But that doesn't mean I want them to be given full reigns to do whatever they want. I am actually glad that we have a hard-lined coach with no BS approach. Hathuri is exactly the coach we require to keep these primadonnas in check. If you really give the players the full freedom, just look back at Jergesun era, who believed in that philosophy and see how we failed miserably in that time.

Personally, I think this is nothing more than just a little squabble. At the end of the day, the players and Hathuri both have best interest of Bangladesh at heart.

Well said Tonoy.

Hash koy chaloinrey: Tumer guyay koto chhidri! Hay Allah!!
Chaloin koy: Tumer guyay-o ek-khan chhidro achhey money raikho!!!

We always look for fault to others, instead look for positive traits or impact. Our journalists are no different than average of us. It seems we would never change ...
shame indeed.
Old April 10, 2017, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out_You_Go
Read the article and I am not convinced.

I am usually a practical, no-nonsense guy. Though I appreciate what Mash done for our cricket, his drama about Mahmudulah didnt impress me. The worst test performer in the squad got dropped and rightly so. We have given Mash a God-status too much sometimes I think. Whatever he says is not stone-plated and is not without fault.

Mominul should work a little bit and can become Pujara - I have heard it all. It will take ages for Mominul to touch Pujara's level and few sessions here and there are not going to cut it. Again, a retarded logic.

And the worst of them, 595 and was 'ordered' to declare when Mushfiq said BD will collapse the 2nd innings? My question - How was he so sure about collapsing? Is he and the others are not confident in their abilities? What sorta mentality is that from an international level captain? This seriously makes me wonder if the team deliberately collapsed 2nd innings just to prove Haturu wrong. I wont be surprised at all.

Haturu is exactly the no-sh*t coach we need for the team who will smack the drama out of these morons. If needed, drop all the 'seniors' and build the team from scratch. They are dispensable and they need to be reminded of it. We have players in the likes in Miraz, Shanto, Afif coming along who will do even better with the right attitude and coaching from a young age.

I absolutely loved it when he dropped Tamim and fan-favorite Taskin from the 2nd T20. We won it handsomely, didnt we?

Loved the fact he kicked Riyad and Mominul from the 2nd test. See how the debutant Mosaddek attacked the ball when we need 30 odd runs and calmed the nerves? We ended up winning a freaking away test match after years. Would 'senior' Riyad have ever taken that approach?

Keep these philosophical drama queens on stick and they will keep performing, even if it is "God" Mashrafe. More power to Huturu.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonmoy.dhaka
My disagreement with Players including Mash: (agreement with Hathu)

1/ When a team scores 595 in first innings, they should be confident about declaring. Worrying about 2nd innings failiure just shows weak mentality of the players. They dont trust in their ability

2/ Mominul can never be Chetashwar Pujara. He always looks streaky. If he has a weakness against off-spin, that needs to be sorted in the domestic not the national team camp.

3/ Mahmudullah never looked solid in test. Deserved to be dropped.

4/ Neither the coach or the players are bigger than the country. We play for the country and play with 11 players who can contribute the most as a team. Selection should not be based on seniority.

My disagreement with the coach (agreement with players)

1/ Rubel is too good a bowler to be outside the squad specially in ODI and T20

2/Mahmudullah is a great batsman for ODI and T20.

Overall, we improved because of coach , one cannot deny that. It takes guts to drop guys like Razzaq, Mominul, Mahmudullah and the result is clear for everyone to see.
Could not agree more. Wonderfully said.
Old April 10, 2017, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
I am with the coach 90%. That 10% is for the leg spinner must have. We don't have that quality leg spinner. Thus please ignore the must have and ask the Board to manufacture one at what ever it takes method. Take few of them and bring in Abdul Kadir or someone like him. Lock them up for a month in a facility. Lets see what we can forcefully manufacture.
For the 10%: You must have noticed that Haturu was trying to see if he could find a decent leg spinner, thus, he has given few chances to Zubair, Tanbir and so on...

Zubair has bright prospect but he seems a lazy like one of AAA trio (yes, it is the lazy Aftab!). If you don't work hard or not disciplined, you don't have any place in international cricket - they should know that.
Old April 11, 2017, 01:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Look guys, I agree with most of you. But I think we are all missing a vital point here, it doesn't matter if you think the coach is right or Mashrafe or the senior players are right, the problem is that these two parties are at a friction with each other, what are you going to do in such a case? Get rid of Mashrafe? Get rid off Mahmudullah, Tamim, Mushfique, Shakib? So that is your solution? It can't be right? You can't say get rid off the coach as well, if you are a fan of them because it is Coach's plans against each opposition that worked for us. He strategizes so well and we need that.

We can't be happy with the success we have had, and the fact is whatever successes we have had till now is because of the combination of all the factors working for us. There are too many to count, if you look at the team, the captain, the coach everything worked for us. But there are many areas of improvement, think about where we are now and where we want to be. We can't slide downhill and all the recent developments suggest things going downhill, remember cricket is a "team" game. Everyone needs to play their part.

The simple fact is there are players within the Bangladeshi team that need to talk with the coach and the coach needs to understand where they are coming from and vice versa. It is really simple, all that the coach needs to tell them is look you are our key player and we are looking at you to perform, how hard is that really? Can't you support that atleast? If Mominul is not performing let him know that this is what I expect from you. You can't get rid off the players that have performed for you in the past, you need to treat everyone equally, this has been missing from the coach.

I don't believe that it is Coach's fault totally. The players need to let go of their dancing shoes and return to being professionals. All I am saying is before our most important series in the last 2 years, all of these problems do not help us concentrate on oppositions. Why not let both the parties really solve this problem and talk it out? We can't take sides here, the only side we need to take is Bangladesh cricket. Not individual. And only by dialogue it will happen.
Old April 11, 2017, 01:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
Look guys, I agree with most of you. But I think we are all missing a vital point here, it doesn't matter if you think the coach is right or Mashrafe or the senior players are right, the problem is that these two parties are at a friction with each other, what are you going to do in such a case? Get rid of Mashrafe? Get rid off Mahmudullah, Tamim, Mushfique, Shakib? So that is your solution? It can't be right? You can't say get rid off the coach as well, if you are a fan of them because it is Coach's plans against each opposition that worked for us. He strategizes so well and we need that.

We can't be happy with the success we have had, and the fact is whatever successes we have had till now is because of the combination of all the factors working for us. There are too many to count, if you look at the team, the captain, the coach everything worked for us. But there are many areas of improvement, think about where we are now and where we want to be. We can't slide downhill and all the recent developments suggest things going downhill, remember cricket is a "team" game. Everyone needs to play their part.

The simple fact is there are players within the Bangladeshi team that need to talk with the coach and the coach needs to understand where they are coming from and vice versa. It is really simple, all that the coach needs to tell them is look you are our key player and we are looking at you to perform, how hard is that really? Can't you support that atleast? If Mominul is not performing let him know that this is what I expect from you. You can't get rid off the players that have performed for you in the past, you need to treat everyone equally, this has been missing from the coach.

I don't believe that it is Coach's fault totally. The players need to let go of their dancing shoes and return to being professionals. All I am saying is before our most important series in the last 2 years, all of these problems do not help us concentrate on oppositions. Why not let both the parties really solve this problem and talk it out? We can't take sides here, the only side we need to take is Bangladesh cricket. Not individual. And only by dialogue it will happen.
Well said. I think its unwise to take a side and defend it. I believe there are issues on both sides be it seniors or the coaches and both sides need to come to negotiations and understanding. The team needs to find its chemistry between players and coaches in order to keep the performance curve up
Old April 11, 2017, 09:22 PM
Cricket Legend

I think the media are blowing it out of proportion. Things arent as bad as they are painting it. Simply look at the equation, teams with such problems, friction dont perform well.

Btw Dhaka Tribune did a nice article, i hope the players take note.

http://www.dhakatribune.com/sport/cr...gladesh-coach/
Old April 12, 2017, 08:28 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
For the 10%: You must have noticed that Haturu was trying to see if he could find a decent leg spinner, thus, he has given few chances to Zubair, Tanbir and so on...

Zubair has bright prospect but he seems a lazy like one of AAA trio (yes, it is the lazy Aftab!). If you don't work hard or not disciplined, you don't have any place in international cricket - they should know that.
I get the fact if we have a good leg spinner, we would be a scary team at any condition and that is what the coach is trying to do. But the reality is, we don't have that. So there has to be another way of manufacturing one, other than giving chances in the National team. Bringing in raw leggies/players in National teams are for the associates. For established teams, they have to bring in already performers (unless you have a fizz in your bag) from the domestics or hunts or U-19s.
Old April 12, 2017, 09:02 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mo Chowdhury MoC

Hhhmmmm...Shetai
Ghotonata ki, tai niye bhabchi...
Ki hotey parey bujhey uthtey ektu koshto hocchey.