facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Who will lift the trophy?
Australia 5 21.74%
Bangladesh 5 21.74%
England 7 30.43%
India 3 13.04%
New Zealand 0 0%
Pakistan 0 0%
South Africa 3 13.04%
Sri Lanka 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 1, 2017, 01:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Kagisoooo & Saif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
yeah!..if your 1st team players come back WI will be the dark horse in this tournament
Have to face reality though. We don't deserve to be in the tournament.

Old May 1, 2017, 02:24 PM
Banned for 3 months

Favorite Player: Sachin Tendulkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
India? Hah Hah Ha...
What Hah Hah Ha? We won this trophy twice and are current champions. You guys only qualified for the first time. Arrogance like you have won this trophy many times.

First win something...then laugh about India. Pehle ek Asia cup jeet ke dikhao...Champions trophy is too much for your team.

#FACT
Old May 1, 2017, 03:36 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
India? Hah Hah Ha...
Hardy har har yuck yuck chuckle chuckle. Had to join in the laugh 😀

How can you consider a team champion when they are almost certain to forfeit.

Money and power is more important than playing the game.
Old May 1, 2017, 03:44 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Jacques Kallis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin 3:!6
Pehle ek Asia cup jeet ke dikhao...
??? Care to translate?
Old May 1, 2017, 06:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

SL might be the dark horse if Linga is back on form and fitness. He may have lost his sharpness by a fair bit but he can still win them games. They have a promising group of young stars and they have a habit of silently winning games while no one is noticing.

NZ have a deadly team with in form Guptil, Williamson, Neil, Santner, Southee, McClenaghan, Boult. In English conditions, they have all the skills and combinations to beat any and every team
Old May 1, 2017, 07:42 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

With India sitting out, I would have to go with Australia as favorites
Old May 1, 2017, 09:50 PM
Cricket Legend

India will sit out this time.. no power no money and off course no honey lol
Old May 2, 2017, 02:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by fush_montor
??? Care to translate?
I think he says he is the craziest looney in Asia
Old May 2, 2017, 06:53 AM
Banned for 3 months

Quote:
??? Care to translate?
Meaning Bangladesh has no chance of winning Champions Trophy. Your team is yet to win an Asia cup let alone winning a world title. Couldn't win a single game in last T20 WC in Asian condition, so I don't see any chance of winning anything in England. Yesterday some local county team almost chased down the total until rain saved you. I Know I may sound upfront but I call spade a spade. Like I said India has no chance of winning the trophy either as we do not have required arsenal to do so.

Of-course its cricket and anything can happen. But chances of BD winning is very dim.

Having said all that, BD is a very improved team. No one should consider it as a walkover. If I were Haturasinghe, my immediate goal would be to win the 2018 Asia Cup. Then try to reach at-least semi finals of the 2019 WC in England. And the ultimate (main) goal which you all should be targeting is to win the 2023 WC in India. You have 6 years to develop a team and the tournament will be played in Asian conditions. Now that is a realistic target.

Your team in right track...All the best
Old May 2, 2017, 07:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:
Meaning Bangladesh has no chance of winning Champions Trophy. Your team is yet to win an Asia cup let alone winning a world title. Couldn't win a single game in last T20 WC in Asian condition, so I don't see any chance of winning anything in England. Yesterday some local county team almost chased down the total until rain saved you. I Know I may sound upfront but I call spade a spade. Like I said India has no chance of winning the trophy either as we do not have required arsenal to do so.

Of-course its cricket and anything can happen. But chances of BD winning is very dim.

Having said all that, BD is a very improved team. No one should consider it as a walkover. If I were Haturasinghe, my immediate goal would be to win the 2018 Asia Cup. Then try to reach at-least semi finals of the 2019 WC in England. And the ultimate (main) goal which you all should be targeting is to win the 2023 WC in India. You have 6 years to develop a team and the tournament will be played in Asian conditions. Now that is a realistic target.

Mate, it took you 50 years to win world cup, we will come back after 50 years and see what bangladesh has won, but in that time just shut your mouth.
Old May 2, 2017, 07:40 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:

WOW! Who knew that a single hindi sentence can hold so much meaning that it requires a mini essay to explain! #respect
Old May 2, 2017, 07:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:
WOW! Who knew that a single hindi sentence can hold so much meaning that it requires a mini essay to explain! #respect
Just a typical indian, flexing his chest muscles like King Kong, to show who his boss, Don`t worry all talk, no bite.
Old May 2, 2017, 08:03 AM
Test Cricketer

http://indianexpress.com/article/spo...vents-4636230/

There you go. Now happy?
Old May 2, 2017, 08:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

Quote:
??? Care to translate?
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
I think he says he is the craziest looney in Asia

I am glad he is still here working hard to give us the entertainment...
Old May 2, 2017, 08:15 AM
Banned for 3 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
Mate, it took you 50 years to win world cup, we will come back after 50 years and see what bangladesh has won, but in that time just shut your mouth.
Eh...sorry what?? ODI cricket started in 1971 and we won World Cup in 83 and World Series in 85.

50 Years???
Old May 2, 2017, 08:24 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Eh...sorry what?? ODI cricket started in 1971 and we won World Cup in 83 and World Series in 85.

50 Years???
India was a very strong team in mid eighties (then I was a little boy). There is no doubt in that. Although that aura of grandeur declined after 87 World Cup loss in semi final, they were always been a batting powerhouse teemed with charismatic players. Only bowling had failed them in nineties and after that MSD had rejuvenated this side to an invincible one.

Last edited by Bonglababu; May 2, 2017 at 08:59 AM..
Old May 2, 2017, 08:28 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:

50 Years???

After Australia India is the 2nd best limited overs side in the history of cricket. Bangladesh is yet to go a long long way to get compared to a team like India. Stop this futile comparison.
Old May 2, 2017, 08:34 AM
Test Cricketer

I'll be more than happy with couple of '' Shommanjonk Porajoys' in the upcoming Champions trophy.

Our group is too tough.
Old May 2, 2017, 08:58 AM
Test Cricketer

"Shommanjonok Porajoy" is a phrase which will soon become obsolete in our discourse in this forum. Please come out of this dooms mongering attitude.
Old May 2, 2017, 09:08 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
After Australia India is the 2nd best limited overs side in the history of cricket. Bangladesh is yet to go a long long way to get compared to a team like India. Stop this futile comparison.
Who here is comparing India with Bangladesh?
Old May 2, 2017, 09:30 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonglababu
http://indianexpress.com/article/spo...vents-4636230/

There you go. Now happy?
Hmm, tough days are ahead for cricket, all it needs is some backdoor diplomacy and a little flexibility from both the sides, but since Manohar is acting like a stubborn SOB and using his ICC position as a shield to settle past scores we may very well end up boycotting the Champions Trophy.
Old May 2, 2017, 09:39 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Looks like England are firm favourites to lift the cup. They almost won the tournament back in 04 – made it to the finals I believe.

I disagree that India are the 2nd greatest ODI side of all time: that title belongs to South Africa. India are probably 3rd.

I'd be happy if Bangladesh can beat Australia – we only beat them once before back in 05. Actually, Bangladesh struggles against Australia more than any other side for some reason. Bangladesh has the toughest group – unarguably!

Rankings state that South Africa are the best ODI side in the world, yet many are not rating them to lift the trophy, and I'm not surprised because South Africa have never won a major tournament as of yet.
Old May 2, 2017, 10:41 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSports

I disagree that India are the 2nd greatest ODI side of all time: that title belongs to South Africa. India are probably 3rd.
Don't wanna derail this thread, couldn't help but respond, care to explain how is SA is the 2nd greatest ODI side? How many ICC trophies have they won so far? Perpetual Chokers is what they are, heck Pakistan and WI should be ahead of SA in this regard in their own rights. Now if you are counting meaningless bilaterals and paan masala chaap try serieses then I got nothing to say though,
Old May 2, 2017, 11:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: ATM - No One.

England, big favourite to win and I believe this New England side at home, especially, even better. It will be hard to stop England. Least one of my teams will win it. So all good!