facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #151  
Old May 2, 2017, 10:35 PM
Eclipse's Avatar
Eclipse Eclipse is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: July 15, 2013
Posts: 1,814

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Then why does a lot of people question your citizenship? And don't say because you say the hard truth.
U've requested me not to give that particular reason. But I think that might be the only reason buddy.
__________________
Drink formalin free orange juice.
Reply With Quote

  #152  
Old May 2, 2017, 11:43 PM
Eclipse's Avatar
Eclipse Eclipse is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: July 15, 2013
Posts: 1,814

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
The last match BD played. Check the Scorecard. I saw this match live, and noticed how intelligently Mustafizur was using his change of pace. It proved to be a difference in this match.
Excellent post aklemalp. Honestly I never disregarded the fact that he bowled brilliantly in the last t20 match against srilanka and played an important role in our Victory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
I can criticize when a player requires criticizing, but I can support a player 100% because I know that he's a match-winner. I'm a glass half-full kinda person.

So, I am gonna criticize Mustafizur for not having the it-factor to convince the many millions of BD fans who expect him to give them the world of success.

He is a professional who just recovered from surgery. Can't you at least see it in your heart and have some compassion. That's all I'm asking. From one cricket fan to another..
Yes his shoulder injury has indeed forced him to make a Slight change in his bowling action and he's still recovering from the injury.

But if u watched him closely u would've known that he has been struggling from the mid point of last year's IPL and his struggle is still continuing. Now it could be due to his injury, it could be due to his changed bowling action or it also could be due to the fact that he has finally been found out. But for now we've to accept that he's not the same bowler he used to be which is why he's currently getting thrashed around.


Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
We in the West Indies can thank the gods if we have someone like Mustafizur in our team. He's a special player. I like him. The cricket world likes him.
I respectfully disagree with this particular point. We still haven't managed to produce a single bowler in our cricket history who's in the league of F. Edwards or kemar Roach. U don't need fizz, bowler like Bravo can do everything that fizz can do if not better. His supreme batting talent is just a bonus. Do u honestly believe any single ipl team will prefer fizz over D Bravo?


Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp

Now, back to the scorecard...Kusal Janith Perera is not a rookie. Upul Tharanga is definitely not a rookie. Chamara Kapugedera is no rookie. He dismissed two rookies, Asela Gunaratne and Milinda Siriwardana for golden ducks. That is cold 'hard facts' right there, which I just stated.

So, you see. There is a steady progress to get back to the norm of where he was. It takes a lot of effort and commitment. Perseverance.
I m not so sure about his steady progress. I'm not totally ignoring it though. Some of my friends here r trying to make him the hero for our test victory against Lanka out of sheer desperation when the fact is that Victory was the reasult of a collective effort. Fizz's performance was decent, not anywhere near as extraordinary as some ppl r trying to portray it.

Fizz, had an economy of 7 and 8 in the first two Odis against Lanka which suggests he got annihilated by the rookie Lankans. Got the similar treatment in the first t20 as well. I don't wanna even mention the thrashing he got in ipl.

I m not saying he should be dropped or anything like that. I just can't get the hype behind him. He's just a better version of our very own Sayed Russel.
__________________
Drink formalin free orange juice.
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old May 3, 2017, 12:04 AM
ReZ_1's Avatar
ReZ_1 ReZ_1 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 31, 2012
Location: Where heart touches mind
Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler
Posts: 2,917

^^ I like how eclipse quotes every post regarding his reply patiently and again reply back to them.
Good luck
__________________
"- O Allah, forgive our sins and have mercy on us ! Help us through worst times and bless us with good ones, you are the ONE the only one to guide us to right path and save us from disasters.."
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old May 3, 2017, 04:39 AM
zman's Avatar
zman zman is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 20, 2005
Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla
Posts: 3,289

Folks I also have a secret to share. I'm actually Caucasian. I know this may come as a surprise to many of you. You must be thinking, it seems like this guy can speak, read and write Bangla. How can he be Caucasian? My story is quite similar to Aklemalp's. Only difference is when I found myself enamored with Bangla cricket I couldn't help myself but go all the way and teach myself the language too.
__________________
Few things inspire us to soar quite like being really f***ed if we don't
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old May 3, 2017, 04:47 AM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Favorite Player: Mash
Posts: 17,556

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse

I respectfully disagree with this particular point. We still haven't managed to produce a single bowler in our cricket history who's in the league of F. Edwards or kemar Roach. U don't need fizz, bowler like Bravo can do everything that fizz can do if not better. His supreme batting talent is just a bonus. Do u honestly believe any single ipl team will prefer fizz over D Bravo?
when did IPL become a benchmark for a player?
__________________
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old May 3, 2017, 05:17 AM
adamnsu adamnsu is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: December 12, 2005
Location: Surrey
Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim
Posts: 8,179

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
when did IPL become a benchmark for a player?
I thought Indians were the only people who mainly use IPL as the only bench mark for a player.
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old May 3, 2017, 06:59 AM
Vepu Vepu is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: December 25, 2012
Location: Savar
Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD
Posts: 3,357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
It's easy to maintain decency when everyone agrees with ur own view and shares the similar thought bud. But the real struggle comes when someone says something which u do not agree with.

I'm not forcing u to agree with me. U r entitled to ur own view. But what's the point of taking part in an open forum if u can't tolerate opposite views. Pls Keep an open mind buddy.
Stop posing as a Bangladeshi and reveal your true identity, I will debate with u nicely like I do with other decent Indian posters. Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old May 3, 2017, 07:04 AM
Vepu Vepu is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: December 25, 2012
Location: Savar
Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD
Posts: 3,357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
when did IPL become a benchmark for a player?
To Indians, its always been the true benchmark
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old May 3, 2017, 11:45 AM
ReZ_1's Avatar
ReZ_1 ReZ_1 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 31, 2012
Location: Where heart touches mind
Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler
Posts: 2,917

The discussion of this thread made such a remarkable change from its topic. I started to feel like reading sherlock and slowly but surely we are decrypting the true identity of a virtual account. The best part is we only have some LA-LA piece of writing as the source of evidence. And I assume now that length of writing will also shrink with more cautious steps.
__________________
"- O Allah, forgive our sins and have mercy on us ! Help us through worst times and bless us with good ones, you are the ONE the only one to guide us to right path and save us from disasters.."
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:49 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket