facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 4, 2017, 06:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Let's make Eclipse's India happy. On top of the extra $100 million that Manohar has promised the BCCI, the ICC should give the BCCI yet another $100 million while reducing Pakistan's share to $32 million. That way Eclipse's India gets $500 million total. PCB don't need the money.

Old May 4, 2017, 06:10 AM

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
We r somewhat responsible for the current mess bro. If we had supported bcci then it would've influenced boards like WICB or SLCB not to vote in favor of the proposal.

If I m not wrong BCCI needed only 3 votes in favor of them to stop the proposed financial model.
yeah right, we are so important that our vote would have made other boards change their decision
Old May 4, 2017, 06:12 AM

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho
Let's make Eclipse's India happy. On top of the extra $100 million that Manohar has promised the BCCI, the ICC should give the BCCI yet another $100 million while reducing Pakistan's share to $32 million. That way Eclipse's India gets $500 million total. PCB don't need the money.
ak eclipse e jan otistho and you are baiting his counterpart Anik SH to come and vomit pak jinidabad posts
Old May 4, 2017, 06:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
ak eclipse e jan otistho and you are baiting his counterpart Anik SH to come and vomit pak jinidabad posts
Anik & Eclipse posting at the same time will be too much for BanglaCricket server. We should be Thankful to Allah for not allowing that to happen.
Old May 4, 2017, 06:34 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin 3:!6
You are still not getting the point. Its not about whether ICC governing body should decide how funds are distributed but how will ICC get the funds in 1st place without India? What part of it you are not understanding that India generates more than 80% revenue for ICC? why should they get only 10% of the profit?

With the news of India pulling out, ICC official broadcaster Star India already wrote a stern letter to ICC that without India this tournament in meaningless. If Star pulls out which is very likely bcoz they will go for loss without India participation,who will broadcast it? Your GaziTV? PTV Sports? LMAO

Even PCB needed an Indian broadcaster to host PSL. LOL

Meet our demands....ELSE.....
I don't understand this 80% revenue generation logic. Appreciate if you could share the details. Do you guys work and raise funds for ICC? Does BCCI raise funds for ICC? Or does ICC sell its viewership rights and you guys bring in an overwhelming number of eye balls that drive up the ratings making it commercially lucrative? This is what i understand but do correct me if i am wrong. To me these are all indirect benefits of having a massive population obsessed with cricket and a robust private sector that wants to sponsor cricket events. You make it sound like the Indian public is working hard day in and day out to bring funds to ICC. What is happening in reality is pure business generated from games between competitive teams. If India stayed in Champions Trophy but the rest of us pulled out how much would ICC generate? A big fat zero.

Now regarding the distribution set by ICC, BCCI is still getting double the amount compared to the second highest receiver of funds ECB + another 100 million offered by Monohar. So ultimately it doesn't seem like it is about the money but more about a bruised ego for not being able to bully anymore.

If the rest of the world wither and die without the all mighty BCCI then so be it. However if the rest of the boards do survive then it will be better for the game as a whole. Frankly we do not need a board so consumed by greed and self interest to lead the sport because ultimately the end result will be the same for the game.

Regarding your "or else" remark, instead of empty threats how about you guys take a break for 2 years, form 10 teams and play yourselves and see how much revenue you generate. There is no doubt the Indians are the most passionate fans of the sport but I am not sure if they are willing to watch IPL mega edition all year long. I think most people will just switch to other sports over time. Quite frankly it might even be good for Indian Football, Hockey teams to break the shackles of cricket monopoly. I feel sorry for football forum fans though if you take interest in it
Old May 4, 2017, 07:05 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
Anik & Eclipse posting at the same time will be too much for BanglaCricket server. We should be Thankful to Allah for not allowing that to happen.
I think we need those two jokers to amuse us Bangladeshis. We get an idea of how some people from Pakistan and India are so pathetic and ridicolous that they need to camaflouge themselves to troll us lolz.

Reminds me of the Rajakar chamchas during our 1971 War of independence
Old May 4, 2017, 07:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

We need dilscoop, to balance out the disturbance in space and time.
Old May 4, 2017, 07:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
I think we need those two jokers to amuse us Bangladeshis. We get an idea of how some people from Pakistan and India are so pathetic and ridicolous that they need to camaflouge themselves to troll us lolz.

Reminds me of the Rajakar chamchas during our 1971 War of independence
No thank you. We don't want BanglaCricket server to go down due to uncontrollable traffic. Plus, with Champions Trophy around who knows how slow BC will become, the less of the Indians/Pakistanis fighting here, the more chance we will have a smooth BC operating.
Old May 4, 2017, 07:46 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
No thank you. We don't want BanglaCricket server to go down due to uncontrollable traffic. Plus, with Champions Trophy around who knows how slow BC will become, the less of the Indians/Pakistanis fighting here, the more chance we will have a smooth BC operating.
You mean trolling not fighting
Old May 4, 2017, 08:55 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Dear Eclipse,
You like my posts and find your posts very interesting. Example 1:
Quote:
Without India the quality of all the ICC events will go down to such a low level that even aussie or English supporters won't bother watching it.
Wow!!! To a new level.
Quote:
It feels as if BCCI is getting penalized for being a competent board and they r somehow getting forced to sort out the mess of other incompetent corrupt boards.
Really? BCCI Competent board or corrupt board? When does Supreme court has to interfere? Competent or corrupt time? I am not even talking about the IPL mess they are dealing with. Jaipur, Mohali, Kochi, Chennai. The amount of black market betting, spot fixing..... Competent is not the word.
Quote:
We r somewhat responsible for the current mess bro. If we had supported bcci then it would've influenced boards like WICB or SLCB not to vote in favor of the proposal.

If I m not wrong BCCI needed only 3 votes in favor of them to stop the proposed financial model.
Big 3 model, we were going to get 76 Mill till 2023. New model, we will be getting 132 mill if all gets approved. An increase of 50 Mill+. You want the big 3 model to comeback?

I told you, very interesting takes you have.
Old May 4, 2017, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Without India the quality of all the ICC events will go down to such a low level that even aussie or English supporters won't bother watching it.

If bcci's demands were illegal or illogical I would've been the first person to voice my opinion against it.

But it's needless to say that BCCI is correct here while all the other 9 boards r trying to gang up on BCCI by exploiting bcci's current weak position. There shouldn’t be any doubt about the fact that It's a PLOY by ECB and CA to regain their POWER by creating division among the Asian boards.
Ah! Sorry my highness!! We misunderstand you!!! If you think ICC is doing an injustice to BCCI by not giving it's share of $570 million, ICC must doing wrong here and we must banned ICC immediately. Pathetic ICC indeed!
Old May 4, 2017, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu

I am for ECB and CricAus to curbing India's power on the other hand.
Well, ECB and CA did their "BCCI" thing back then....about thirty years ago...

We should NOT support any of them if any one of them continues the dirty politics ...
Old May 4, 2017, 10:24 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:

If bcci's demands were illegal or illogical I would've been the first person to voice my opinion against it.

But it's needless to say that BCCI is correct here while all the other 9 boards r trying to gang up on BCCI by exploiting bcci's current weak position. There shouldn’t be any doubt about the fact that It's a PLOY by ECB and CA to regain their POWER by creating division among the Asian boards.
Seriously?? Who cares about the Indian team apart from the Indians. If India doesn't participate in the tournament, the stadiums will still be full. Bangladeshis, Srilankans and Pakistanis will still watch their matches on tv plus people of other countries. The tournament will still be successful. Only thing is the revenue will be significantly less because Indian audience at home won't watch that much on tv which is massive I admit.
Old May 4, 2017, 10:26 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Well, ECB and CA did their "BCCI" thing back then....about thirty years ago...

We should NOT support any of them if any one of them continues the dirty politics ...
I don't think ECB and CA were as bad as BCCI. They didn't produce a Srini.
Old May 4, 2017, 11:00 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tonne
Seriously?? Who cares about the Indian team apart from the Indians. If India doesn't participate in the tournament, the stadiums will still be full. Bangladeshis, Srilankans and Pakistanis will still watch their matches on tv plus people of other countries. The tournament will still be successful. Only thing is the revenue will be significantly less because Indian audience at home won't watch that much on tv which is massive I admit.
This discussion is almost pointless now since gutless COA have instructed BCCI to announce Indian squad for the upcoming CT.

But still I wanna make couple of points here. Indian supporters generally outnumbers the home team's supporters by a big margin no matter where the Mach gets played. India will have more supporters in an ODI match against Australia even if that match takes place in MCG or SCG.

Majority of the England supporters don't even care about Odis. But here u r dreaming about a full house in a match between teams like West Indies and Newzealand in England when majority of the English supporters don't even care about their own odi team let alone supporting some other teams lol. Ur point couldn't be any more wrong.

If u don't believe me go to the website that is currently selling the tickets of all the matches of the upcoming CT. If u go there u'll see that tickets of all the matches involving India have been sold out but if u want to buy the tickets of any other match u'll easily be able to get one. This just further illustrates the point that Indian team and it's supporters r the reason why cricket is still surviving as a global sport.
Old May 4, 2017, 12:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon
What will you do if they ask for more in 2023?

FYI, Zimbabwe is getting bailed out or helped in their corruption -
http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news...aises-eyebrows
You do make a good point. They will come back and demand for more and same exact situation all over again. This is literally one of those situation where there is no good solution. One has to cave in. Will it be ICC or BCCI is yet to be seen.
Old May 5, 2017, 03:15 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

No country/board is bigger than the game.
That Big 3 idea was pure insult to this beautiful old game of cricket. I almost quit ( personal disapproval) when that happened 2 years ago. By the way, I follow cricket (seriously) over 25+ years now ( since 1991 - 6th grade). So know the finance / board politics etc a little bit.
Old May 5, 2017, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
You do make a good point. They will come back and demand for more and same exact situation all over again. This is literally one of those situation where there is no good solution. One has to cave in. Will it be ICC or BCCI is yet to be seen.
There is no good solution but there is a better way to approach this. Try to build a formula and let everyone adhere to it rather than bargaining on an arbitrary number.
Old May 6, 2017, 01:09 AM
Cricket Legend

The meeting is on Sunday,so we will not know until then if they are playing,anything else is fake news.
Question what happens if India says No, to their itinneries afterwards.
And if it goes on 12 months what happens to the IPL?
Old May 6, 2017, 02:15 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockley
The meeting is on Sunday,so we will not know until then if they are playing,anything else is fake news.
Question what happens if India says No, to their itinneries afterwards.
And if it goes on 12 months what happens to the IPL?
Don't worry brother, ICC will bend backward to make India happy. They r too important for world cricket. Without India international cricket will become absolutely meaningless.
Old May 6, 2017, 08:19 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Don't worry brother, ICC will bend backward to make India happy. They r too important for world cricket. Without India international cricket will become absolutely meaningless.

Maybe to Indians it might become meaningless.