facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 27, 2017, 11:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

Nasir >> Miraz in ODIs atm

Old May 28, 2017, 12:03 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
We have a lot of issues. Infact we had them for years but they don't get Addressed. When will the management realize you need big hitters down the order

Posted via BC Mobile Edition UA
Yet we are consistently moving up in the ranking. Our inconstant team performance is getting more consistent day by day.

You cannot address and fix all the problems at the same time. If you try to do it, then there is a great chance that everything messes up.
Old May 28, 2017, 12:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Yet we are consistently moving up in the ranking. Our inconstant team performance is getting more consistent day by day.

You cannot address and fix all the problems at the same time. If you try to do it, then there is a great chance that everything messes up.
It's not only us getting better but others getting worse. Lanka WI and Pakistan have declined

We should not be complacent anymore. We need to focus on a strong finishing unit. These days a strong lower order can win you more matches than couple of quality batsman in the top order. England had the added edge of Ali Woakes and Buttler at the bottom half of the order who scored runs. Lots of them at quick rate.

In modern era you don't have time to adjust. And what did we do? We made our ideal finisher bat at no. 3.

Yes we are improving but the negligence on lower order is shocking. We have lost so many matches due to our lower order.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old May 28, 2017, 12:28 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
It's not only us getting better but others getting worse. Lanka WI and Pakistan have declined

We should not be complacent anymore. We need to focus on a strong finishing unit. These days a strong lower order can win you more matches than couple of quality batsman in the top order. England had the added edge of Ali Woakes and Buttler at the bottom half of the order who scored runs. Lots of them at quick rate.

In modern era you don't have time to adjust. And what did we do? We made our ideal finisher bat at no. 3.

Yes we are improving but the negligence on lower order is shocking. We have lost so many matches due to our lower order.

Have you seen the changes we had in last 3 years? We are the top team in the world in terms of positive changes.

Do you have any experience in management and sustainable changes? It's not about being complacent. It's about planning phase by phase and executing them one by one. This is a continuous process. There is no overnight solution.

Try to understand the process of building a team which will sustain rather than complaining about every single thing.
Old May 28, 2017, 12:46 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Have you seen the changes we had in last 3 years? We are the top team in the world in terms of positive changes.

Do you have any experience in management and sustainable changes? It's not about being complacent. It's about planning phase by phase and executing them one by one. This is a continuous process. There is no overnight solution.

Try to understand the process of building a team which will sustain rather than complaining about every single thing.
I am inclined to agree and this dude MHRAM always finds a fault even when there aint even in perfect game.. BUT...

...just cuz we reached 6th we can't pat ourselves on the back and move on. It's all part of growth mindset. Problems like these need to be highlighted and cannot be swept under the rug.

It may look like making mountain out of a molehill, but it is a necessary one at that lest that same molehill becomes anthill and it gets out of hand with red ants from Masai area and you'd be needing anteater to drive them out... tf.... lol okay I deviated a bit from the main line, but you get my point.
Old May 28, 2017, 12:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

I have been religiously following Bangladesh cricket for the last 7 years.

Our success has less to do with positive batting. It has to do with immense fitness and a successful pace bowling unit.
How many times did we chase 300+? Only once in the last 3 years

We are improving in that aspect, but we are missing a key element and that is a strong finishing unit. That's why Bangladesh haven't been able to chase 300+ scores. It's psychological too, our top order feels lower order can't take the pressure and this tries to be over aggressive at times.

I just feel that our lower order batting is the difference between us chasing/setting 270 and 300.

We are being let down not because of collapses/poor fielding/loose bowling but simply some lackluster effort in the death overs with the bat. We muster 50-70 runs in the death. Other teams easily score 80 odd. Now scoring big in the death not only gives some bonus runs but also shifts the momentum to your side.

I feel we are too worried about our no. 3 and middle order and wasting too much effort. There. Our top order and middle order have been decent.

Old May 28, 2017, 12:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReZ_1
Agreed.....
Old May 28, 2017, 02:39 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
I am inclined to agree and this dude MHRAM always finds a fault even when there aint even in perfect game.. BUT...

...just cuz we reached 6th we can't pat ourselves on the back and move on. It's all part of growth mindset. Problems like these need to be highlighted and cannot be swept under the rug.

It may look like making mountain out of a molehill, but it is a necessary one at that lest that same molehill becomes anthill and it gets out of hand with red ants from Masai area and you'd be needing anteater to drive them out... tf.... lol okay I deviated a bit from the main line, but you get my point.
I understand your point clearly. Constant improvement is the key.

But you probably understood the point I tried to make. Criticism can be done in both positive and negative ways. Consistent negativity sometimes makes it boring.
Old May 28, 2017, 03:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

I am happy we lost this practice match cause it has given plenty of remarks in our weak point where we need to improve, good it was not real match. Now our boys will be more focus rather then get carried away.

few remarks from me:
- Taskin shouldn't play a game before he really is able to control his line and length.
. Rubel should be in out of Taskin.
- fielding has to improve otherwise we will lose many more matches.
- we should look for replacement of Mash(all rounder who can bat: Saifuddin, Abul) after this trophy. Mash has to probe nothing he is legend he will be loved by all of us, but age, injury has all over on him. Unfortunately, you can't do much about it.
- we need tail ender hard hitters.
Old May 28, 2017, 04:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaan
I am happy we lost this practice match cause it has given plenty of remarks in our weak point where we need to improve, good it was not real match. Now our boys will be more focus rather then get carried away.

few remarks from me:
- Taskin shouldn't play a game before he really is able to control his line and length.
. Rubel should be in out of Taskin.
- fielding has to improve otherwise we will lose many more matches.
- we should look for replacement of Mash(all rounder who can bat: Saifuddin, Abul) after this trophy. Mash has to probe nothing he is legend he will be loved by all of us, but age, injury has all over on him. Unfortunately, you can't do much about it.
- we need tail ender hard hitters.
Taskin always is poor first game of the series and comes back, am sure he'll do better next time out

Rubel should play first game I'll play both vs India

Fully agree on fielding

Mash last 2 odis 2-52, 2-18, he was never going to do well at the death, especially given the 40 yard boundary given that his cutters are skied 50 yards usually

We don't need hard hitting tail, we could do with it, what we need is a strong Lower order, I.e. Sabbir

Old May 28, 2017, 06:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: ATM - No One.

Quote:
And T20s. Rather have, Nasirs good few overs, but a far better experienced, secured batsman, batting in the top 5 (and not 7-8 because I don't think he is a big hitter straight away but some one can play quickly given time). Shakib can bat 6, MAHMUDULLAH 7, in T20. Sabbir 3. Or change positions with Sakib and Sabbir.
Old May 28, 2017, 03:04 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Not sold on Nasir either. He isn't a clean hitter that we currently lack. His competition is Mosaddek and not Miraz.

8 batsmen is too much anyway. There should be 7 batsmen and 4 bowlers.
Old May 28, 2017, 05:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Not sold on Nasir either. He isn't a clean hitter that we currently lack. His competition is Mosaddek and not Miraz.

8 batsmen is too much anyway. There should be 7 batsmen and 4 bowlers.
Tell that to the England team.
Old May 28, 2017, 06:54 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
Tell that to the England team.
England do have a 7/4 combination. Their last 4 in this ongoing series are Rashid, Plunkett, Wood, and Ball. They are all pure bowlers but Rashid can bat a bit too.
Old May 28, 2017, 09:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
That is definitely true, I think management have some new found confidence in Nasir's abilities, but he still needs to find form with the bat.

This was the same guy who blasted Murali outta the park.
Old May 28, 2017, 10:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
England do have a 7/4 combination. Their last 4 in this ongoing series are Rashid, Plunkett, Wood, and Ball. They are all pure bowlers but Rashid can bat a bit too.
England has rested Woakes for the CT. But their number 8 is Woakes, Number 9 is Rashid and then Plunkett, Wood. Check their number 10 and 11 stats, Plunkett has over 4000 first class runs in County with average of 25. Only ball is shyte
Old May 28, 2017, 10:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Again, not only are you looking at a seriously capable lower order who can muscle the ball, use the long handle but remember their top order is full of hitters. Sam Billings, Jason Roy, Ben Duckett, Hales, Morgan, Root, Buttler all are attacking batsmen. They don't have one accumulator. It is just attack attack attack. This is the modern day cricket we should be playing. We can't take a backstep. They have faith in their batting order to go big because of the depth in their batting, look at their number 8 and 9. That shows you their hitting power. Woakes actually opens in Counties and for England he is number 8.
Old May 29, 2017, 12:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

songbad maddomee khobor anujayi amader shonar chelera catch dropp korechen osonkhobar er modde fahim hasan ali jutir duibar, soaib maliker duibar. tahole apni match jitben kemne??
Old May 29, 2017, 03:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
Again, not only are you looking at a seriously capable lower order who can muscle the ball, use the long handle but remember their top order is full of hitters. Sam Billings, Jason Roy, Ben Duckett, Hales, Morgan, Root, Buttler all are attacking batsmen. They don't have one accumulator. It is just attack attack attack. This is the modern day cricket we should be playing. We can't take a backstep. They have faith in their batting order to go big because of the depth in their batting, look at their number 8 and 9. That shows you their hitting power. Woakes actually opens in Counties and for England he is number 8.
We have 7 quality batsman in the side, such that talents like Anamul, Litton are not even in the picture. Inform Imrul doesn't get picked. Everyone plays an aggressive brand of cricket with the exception of Tamim at times. Shakib has been sub-par.

Some fans are like - why do you need no. 8 and 9? Why can't the top order do the job? This mode of thinking is for the 80s and 90s. These days not only does a strong tail plays a good hand, it also provides the top order with immense confidence. If you know your no. 8/9 will score 20-30 runs if needed, it gives you license.

Miraz can provide a bit of cushion. We know he can't muscle the ball and he did not grow up to be a finisher. So one can excuse him. But Mashrafe's batting has been comical and criminal. He is not adding anything at all. He played one good innings against England and that was it. A so-called bowling allrounder needs to come up with better performances with the bat surely.
Old May 29, 2017, 05:10 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

^Mashrafe is not an allrounder. He is just a slogger. Miraz is supposed to be an allrounder- the next Shakib. He can be excused not because he isn't groomed up to be a finisher but because he has been picked despite being not ready for ODIs.
Old May 29, 2017, 07:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
Root is an accumulator, far from attack attack attack

Also we must play to our strengths, same way they can't rely on a Shakib or a mustafizur in with the ball, we complain about taskin going for runs, compare his stats to English bowlers stats, England's strength is based on their batting, ours is on team balance and bowling