facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old May 27, 2017, 11:40 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
They r our citizens too. They need to be heard also. Some of us here r acting as if hefazot workers have come from some other country.

This is their country too. If they find anything offensive in front of the highest court of Bangladesh, they have every right to voice their concern to the proper authority.

Then the responsible authority in this case govt will decide whether their demand should be met or not.
This is their country but they are a product of an education system derived from middle age middle east. And we do not have to agree or give in to their middle age uncivilized demands.

Old May 27, 2017, 09:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Surprised AL allowed it
Old May 28, 2017, 10:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Surprised AL allowed it
Me too. Didn't realize a ragtag bunch of half-educated mollahs had so much political clout that they could force a "secular" government to surrender to their will so ignominiously. Disheartening indeed.
Old May 28, 2017, 01:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: ATM - No One.

Good. It looked bad anyway. Have to remember, just like minorities, seculars want rights and push for things. BD is muslims majority and no human on earth will be able to deny the fact. So, this statue was offensive, they were in the rights to oppose it and rightly so it's removed. Well done AL. It's not like this group demanded all none muslims be gone from Dhaka or BD. So what's the seculars big fuss, do they want everything their ways? Not happening, Bangladesh is proudly a Muslim majority nation and the gov did the correct thing.
Old May 29, 2017, 12:33 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Wish we could ship these fanatics back to 6th century where they belong
Old May 29, 2017, 06:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

So statue is back, moderatism ans secularism wins the day?

Edit: its been moved to a different location

Wahabism needs to crushed, its a danger to Bangladesh​, as Nazism was to Germany.
Old May 29, 2017, 06:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
Good. It looked bad anyway. Have to remember, just like minorities, seculars want rights and push for things. BD is muslims majority and no human on earth will be able to deny the fact. So, this statue was offensive, they were in the rights to oppose it and rightly so it's removed.
Wrong. BD extremists and wahabists opposed it, not moderate muslims.

Bangladesh is not a wahabi majority.
Old May 29, 2017, 09:07 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Good. It looked bad anyway. Have to remember, just like minorities, seculars want rights and push for things. BD is muslims majority and no human on earth will be able to deny the fact. So, this statue was offensive, they were in the rights to oppose it and rightly so it's removed. Well done AL. It's not like this group demanded all none muslims be gone from Dhaka or BD. So what's the seculars big fuss, do they want everything their ways? Not happening, Bangladesh is proudly a Muslim majority nation and the gov did the correct thing.
Tell me something... why is a statue of a women on a saree be so offensive to anyone (irrespective of race and religion)? Just because it is visible from Eidgah does not make it an idol worship, and the decision was to cover it during prayers if that was a problem.

Statue of liberty is visible from all corners of Manhattan, so u cannot say your prayers in Manhattan? Or the rules of prayers are different in different parts of the world for the same people?

I am sure there might be other bilboards near some Eidgah, what should we do about them, do we remove them too, or does the holy book allow bilboards?

During the time of the prophet, Pagans also used to worship the sun , fire (some still do), moon etc. So do we only pray after sunset when there is no full moon?

What I asked above is called critical thinking... try it sometimes, you will find your answer.
Old May 29, 2017, 10:49 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Not happening, Bangladesh is proudly a Muslim majority nation and the gov did the correct thing.
That sort of thinking is dangerous. Right wing Christians say the US is a proud Christian country, so would it be alright if they start saying something Islamic offends them such as a building of a mosque?
Old May 29, 2017, 10:55 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

I feel like for many religion just became a set of rituals and symbols. Rather than improving one's own self, we are too busy in finding fault with everything else. We get into hour long about whether or not to say Ameen aloud or where to fold hands but barely talk about how to improve character and led an honest and truthful life.

This is an example of this. Thousands of hujurs marching down the streets and going such length of demonstrating and petitioning to remove the statue. At the end the statue was removed and the rationale was that now our iman is intact. They can use their numbers and effort to address real social vices such as bribery, corruption, child marriage etc.

I also don't like the name - "hefajot e Islam". Allah doesn't need this group or any group to 'protect Islam'.
Old May 29, 2017, 01:08 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mo Chowdhury MoC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
I feel like for many religion just became a set of rituals and symbols. Rather than improving one's own self, we are too busy in finding fault with everything else. We get into hour long about whether or not to say Ameen aloud or where to fold hands but barely talk about how to improve character and led an honest and truthful life.

This is an example of this. Thousands of hujurs marching down the streets and going such length of demonstrating and petitioning to remove the statue. At the end the statue was removed and the rationale was that now our iman is intact. They can use their numbers and effort to address real social vices such as bribery, corruption, child marriage etc.

I also don't like the name - "hefajot e Islam". Allah doesn't need this group or any group to 'protect Islam'.

There you go, Mufi. You said it and this is one fo the many reasons I love and admire your mind. You are one of the smaretest, most inteligent people that I am fortunate to meet in my life.

Do you see how many morons just come out of the woodworks like a bunch of savages, 'living deads' - in real life or in crap massage boards, "to protect Al-Islam?
Al-Islam, the Deen of Allah, the Creator of everything known and unknown, the most merciful and protector of all his creations, does NOT need some morons to protect his words and beauty.
Old May 29, 2017, 01:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonmoy.dhaka
Tell me something... why is a statue of a women on a saree be so offensive to anyone (irrespective of race and religion)? Just because it is visible from Eidgah does not make it an idol worship, and the decision was to cover it during prayers if that was a problem.

Statue of liberty is visible from all corners of Manhattan, so u cannot say your prayers in Manhattan? Or the rules of prayers are different in different parts of the world for the same people?

I am sure there might be other bilboards near some Eidgah, what should we do about them, do we remove them too, or does the holy book allow bilboards?

During the time of the prophet, Pagans also used to worship the sun , fire (some still do), moon etc. So do we only pray after sunset when there is no full moon?

What I asked above is called critical thinking... try it sometimes, you will find your answer.
I don't trust any modern so called Groups proclaiming to be representing Islam. I feel like these guys are playing on people's emotions and taking advantage of religion to make money and earn their living. If you see, some of the respected and old scholars of Bangladesh stayed away from politics, they benefited people genuinely. Anyway it's hard to say if any country has any group etc that fully represents Islam to stand up for good of people, it all seems to be related to their benefits.
Old May 29, 2017, 02:21 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib al hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Wish we could ship these fanatics back to 6th century where they belong
Yah man defo! Its just sad to see this country going in a backward direction and that too in 2017.
Old May 29, 2017, 02:24 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib al hasan

Theres a huge difference between worshipping a statue and creating a statue as it represents a symbol of something good. Whats realy sad is that these uneducated people from the streets dont know the difference. Good luck to the government chagols on your money hungry missions on taking this country in the bacward direction.
Old May 29, 2017, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moh899
Theres a huge difference between worshipping a statue and creating a statue as it represents a symbol of something good. Whats realy sad is that these uneducated people from the streets dont know the difference.
I think they absolutely understand the difference, in fact they fear the spiritual power that any art work, structure or symbol can represent. They dont want such existence so that people can not unite behind such spirit and become a counter power. This is why historically, all over the world, art works, historical structures or symbols become the target and been destroyed in the name of 'worshiping'.
Old May 29, 2017, 07:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Hefazat is probably offended at the fact that its a woman.