facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old May 29, 2017, 04:15 AM
tiger1000's Avatar
tiger1000 tiger1000 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 23, 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 3,516

Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon
I don't understand this. Suddenly one player one day plays gem of an innings against Bangladesh and all supporters think we need one of those? What's about NZ who couldn't score in the death overs in the final against Bangladesh? See this is a kind of hit-or-miss situation. Mosaddek, Mushy and Mamadola are good enough ... even though they all could fail on a certain day.
It's not suddenly is it, I've been saying it for ages and many agreed

New Zealand have Jimmy neesham, munro, Anderson

They all failed, but they had the opportunity to go big

Since you bring up nz, where was it that new zealand lost that game? Am pretty sure it was their finish

Mossadek mahmadullah go at 6 most of the time, same width mushfiq,

mossadek sometimes can make 20 off 10,but not consistently or bigger scores than that

Mushfiq won't last towards the end most of the time

Mahmadullah can, plays for himself though

Am hoping mahmadullah doesn't, as if he does, it'll hopefully be the last time he plays for Bangladesh

Him vs SL last ball not running, sums him fully

Saying that I love watching him in full flow, second best to watch for me behind Sarkar
__________________
Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much- Oscar Wilde.


Reply With Quote

  #27  
Old May 29, 2017, 05:00 AM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 11,100

Btw something interesting going on in another forum atm, it's about the best ODI finishers of all time and Kohli is mentioned as a finisher despite being a top order bat. Just food for thought, you don't have to bat 6/7 to be a finisher.
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Miller 9 Procter 10 Imran 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old May 29, 2017, 05:05 AM
Habib's Avatar
Habib Habib is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: August 30, 2007
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Favorite Player: A few
Posts: 9,916

True. But in the context of BD we need a big hitter/finisher lower down the order as we lack a top order batsman who can stay until the end.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old May 29, 2017, 05:25 AM
tiger1000's Avatar
tiger1000 tiger1000 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 23, 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 3,516

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Btw something interesting going on in another forum atm, it's about the best ODI finishers of all time and Kohli is mentioned as a finisher despite being a top order bat. Just food for thought, you don't have to bat 6/7 to be a finisher.
No you don't, shame we don't have a kholi... Position isn't important it's overs, Sabbir should be batting after 35 overs, if he comes in after 10, I doubt he'll face more than 75 balls

Kohli can come in at 10 overs and be there after 35 overs, for sure... But again giving examples of world class players, one of the greatest limited overs players in this case, doesn't prove a point because it can't apply it to our team
__________________
Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much- Oscar Wilde.


Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old May 29, 2017, 05:54 AM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 11,100

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000
No you don't, shame we don't have a kholi... Position isn't important it's overs, Sabbir should be batting after 35 overs, if he comes in after 10, I doubt he'll face more than 75 balls

Kohli can come in at 10 overs and be there after 35 overs, for sure... But again giving examples of world class players, one of the greatest limited overs players in this case, doesn't prove a point because it can't apply it to our team
Calm down, wasn't trying to prove anything, it's just a perspective I found interesting.
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Miller 9 Procter 10 Imran 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old May 29, 2017, 06:43 AM
BengaliPagol's Avatar
BengaliPagol BengaliPagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 4, 2012
Location: Meherpur, Kushtia
Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes
Posts: 7,209

Imagine soumya playing those cameo innings that he did in the t20s v SL but down the order for BD in ODIs.

Let the inform imrul and tamim open. Put mushfiq at 3. Riyad at 4. Solid foundation in the batting order with sabbir and soumya for some firepower later in the innings. Make Mosaddek play mehedi's role in this CT tournament only.

Not many would agree to putting soumya down the order including myself but i think its good food for thought. And everytime soumya has batted down the order even for T20s he had actually done well so i dont think its a bad idea.

Mosaddek down the order will give that extra cushion to the batting if we do happen to collapse especially with the nature of how soumya and sabbir bat.

I dont see the value of mehedi in the team since he struggles to finish off games and also with the fact that mosaddek has so far bowled better than mehedi in odis.

1. Tamim
2. Imrul
3. Mushfiq
4. Riyad
5. Shakib
6. Soumya
7. Sabbir
8. Mosaddek
9. Mashrafe
10. Rubel
11. Mustafizur
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old May 29, 2017, 06:58 AM
tiger1000's Avatar
tiger1000 tiger1000 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 23, 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 3,516

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Imagine soumya playing those cameo innings that he did in the t20s v SL but down the order for BD in ODIs.

Let the inform imrul and tamim open. Put mushfiq at 3. Riyad at 4. Solid foundation in the batting order with sabbir and soumya for some firepower later in the innings. Make Mosaddek play mehedi's role in this CT tournament only.

Not many would agree to putting soumya down the order including myself but i think its good food for thought. And everytime soumya has batted down the order even for T20s he had actually done well so i dont think its a bad idea.

Mosaddek down the order will give that extra cushion to the batting if we do happen to collapse especially with the nature of how soumya and sabbir bat.

I dont see the value of mehedi in the team since he struggles to finish off games and also with the fact that mosaddek has so far bowled better than mehedi in odis.

1. Tamim
2. Imrul
3. Mushfiq
4. Riyad
5. Shakib
6. Soumya
7. Sabbir
8. Mosaddek
9. Mashrafe
10. Rubel
11. Mustafizur
Nah Sarkar has ability to bat long, he came make 80+ on the regular, he's a new ball player too, I'd definitely have him top order and I'll have opening because he slices lots of balls but his power carries it to the boundary
__________________
Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much- Oscar Wilde.


Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old May 29, 2017, 07:21 AM
MHRAM's Avatar
MHRAM MHRAM is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 30, 2013
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey
Posts: 7,324

Soumya can definitely be a great no. 6. He can bat long. But so can Buttler Dhoni Duminy but those guys could find the boundaries and muscle the ball.

Infact if Imrul plays we should have the following lineup:

Tamim
Imrul
Mushy
Shakib
Riad
Soumya
Sabbir
Mosaddek
Mash
Rubel
Fizz

This is ofcourse for the sake of the team.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old May 29, 2017, 07:40 AM
tiger1000's Avatar
tiger1000 tiger1000 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 23, 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 3,516

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
Soumya can definitely be a great no. 6. He can bat long. But so can Buttler Dhoni Duminy but those guys could find the boundaries and muscle the ball.

Infact if Imrul plays we should have the following lineup:

Tamim
Imrul
Mushy
Shakib
Riad
Soumya
Sabbir
Mosaddek
Mash
Rubel
Fizz

This is ofcourse for the sake of the team.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
No actually, Dhoni can bat at 4 yes and bat fairly long

Buttler duminy can't bat long, they struggle and give wickets away easily when they try to

Sarkar likes to face the hard ball, its evident that as soon as it softens up he starts slowing down, his style of batsman needs to bat at top order

Even if he can play well there, You create a problem if you take Sarkar out of top order, even if you fix one

You need firepower at the top and you need fire power at the bottom

right now with high sabbir and Sarkar at the top, we are tip heavy and got a problem at the bottom

Take both down and you get a bottom heavy team and you have acceleration problems at the top, we will always be behind 8 ball

We need one of Sarkar or sabbir at the top and one and the bottom

For me Sarkar goes top sabbir at the bottom

Tamim
Sarkar
Imrul
Mushfiq
Shakib
Ullah
Sabbir
Mehedi or mossadek (at 5)
Mash
Rubel/taskin
Mustafizur
__________________
Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much- Oscar Wilde.


Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old May 29, 2017, 08:58 AM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 11,100

Keep Soumya up at the top, he's doing well up there and gets the team off to a great start, as said he can bat for awhile and hit some big innings, pretty much if Soumya plays well the team posts a big score. You know what's really interesting? All of his scores over 80 have come in chases and 3 out of the those 4 scores were not out.
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Miller 9 Procter 10 Imran 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old May 29, 2017, 10:19 AM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Kagisoooo & Saif
Posts: 17,804

I think Sangakkara has said it the best, 'other teams have evolved and are playing a different brand of cricket, and we (Sri Lanka ) have stuck with the old, tried, and test formula that saw success for us in the past"
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old May 29, 2017, 10:36 AM
NoName's Avatar
NoName NoName is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: April 9, 2011
Location: Sauga
Posts: 8,102

Such a drastic move making Soumya bat down the order when he's doing alright at the top. Has the potential to screw up his career when he's finally finding form
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old May 29, 2017, 01:34 PM
R0ssei's Avatar
R0ssei R0ssei is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 29, 2016
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Posts: 515

Sabbir and Maruf are the biggest hitters as far I've seen.

Maruf should have debuted in T20i first. If he did weil, he could have easily introduced to ODI later. But this is not going to happen with Bangladesh selectors.

I like the idea of grooming Sabbir into a No. 3 batsman. But he hasn't showed much potential so far and should be dropped at No. 7 for a major tournament like CT. Ideally, this is how the batting line-up should look like:

1. Tamim
2. SS
3. Mushy
4. Mullah
5. Shakib
6. Mosa
7. Sabbir
8. Mash
9. Taskin/Mehedi
10. Rubel
11. Fizz

When Mash retires (which he should b4 WC' 2019), consider Md. Saifuddin. In modern cricket, you cannot have 4 tale-enders who cannot bat. You can have max 2 (no. 10 & 11). If our no. 8 & 9 cannot hit big, they should at least practice in order to stay at the death overs and make some runs.

I happen to believe in power hitting (not just 6's) in last 10 overs. There is a huge difference between scoring 65 and making 100 in last 60 balls.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old May 29, 2017, 01:58 PM
Vepu Vepu is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: December 25, 2012
Location: Savar
Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD
Posts: 3,357

Shaifuddin is must after mash's retirement
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old May 29, 2017, 02:53 PM
tiger1000's Avatar
tiger1000 tiger1000 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 23, 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 3,516

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0ssei
Sabbir and Maruf are the biggest hitters as far I've seen.

Maruf should have debuted in T20i first. If he did weil, he could have easily introduced to ODI later. But this is not going to happen with Bangladesh selectors.

I like the idea of grooming Sabbir into a No. 3 batsman. But he hasn't showed much potential so far and should be dropped at No. 7 for a major tournament like CT. Ideally, this is how the batting line-up should look like:

1. Tamim
2. SS
3. Mushy
4. Mullah
5. Shakib
6. Mosa
7. Sabbir
8. Mash
9. Taskin/Mehedi
10. Rubel
11. Fizz

When Mash retires (which he should b4 WC' 2019), consider Md. Saifuddin. In modern cricket, you cannot have 4 tale-enders who cannot bat. You can have max 2 (no. 10 & 11). If our no. 8 & 9 cannot hit big, they should at least practice in order to stay at the death overs and make some runs.

I happen to believe in power hitting (not just 6's) in last 10 overs. There is a huge difference between scoring 65 and making 100 in last 60 balls.
Yh good post

Not only that, if chasing, we are still in the game if we've got sabbir in chasing 90-100 in last 10, with Ullah mossadek we'll fall 15-20 short every time

Our tail is very weak, mash is getting worse, only person who's making strides is taskin, in my opinion he's gone from a lock on 11,to a decent number 10 in past 6 months, Mehedi isn't suited for lower order hitting in odis

He needs to develop scoops and paddles to become successful with the way he hits in odis and t20s

As far as line up is concerned if you go with that set of players, I'll swap Ullah at 6 and mossadek at 4, he can't do anything at 6 because he doesn't hit that clean, these 25 off 15 or 35 off 40 is not good enough in the situation he plays them in, apart from they SL innings

If Mehedi plays, I'll drop mossadek and put imrul at 3
__________________
Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much- Oscar Wilde.


Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old May 30, 2017, 01:47 AM
cricket_king's Avatar
cricket_king cricket_king is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 10, 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,506

Two words, one name: Abul Hasan.

He's all you need.
__________________
A friend in need is a friend indeed; a friend with weed is better.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old May 30, 2017, 01:52 AM
DinRaat. DinRaat. is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 30, 2017
Location: Sydney Australia
Favorite Player: AirBus A340
Posts: 3,308

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000
Nah Sarkar has ability to bat long, he came make 80+ on the regular, he's a new ball player too, I'd definitely have him top order and I'll have opening because he slices lots of balls but his power carries it to the boundary
1 match, scores 63 against Pakistanis in short boundary, and Imrul becomes inform. Hairey Bengali.
__________________
"No replacement,for displacement"
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old May 30, 2017, 04:06 AM
Vepu Vepu is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: December 25, 2012
Location: Savar
Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD
Posts: 3,357

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
1 match, scores 63 against Pakistanis in short boundary, and Imrul becomes inform. Hairey Bengali.
Not really. Hes been in form for last 6 months and hv scored heavily every time he got a chance
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket