facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 2, 2017, 05:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Thanks you mentioned. Tamim's innings was good, but far from perfect, specially when its a batting friendly pitch and opponent can easy score 330+ in this pitch. Too many dot balls, very very few singles, too slow RR in first power play, and finally not taking care of his RR after staying for so long i,e. not accelerating his RR for the later part of his innings.
Tamim played knowing our team

He knew if he gets out we won't get 250, if he can repeat his performance am more than fine with it

Rest should score 200 off 160 balls easily, that's 330 right there, when he got out, rahim made a bad bad mistake getting out

Old June 2, 2017, 09:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohli_Sox
As I said earlier people are happy with scoring 300 so cricket will never improve in our country.
So much oath to this. Here in sydney i was talking to bd fans and when i dissected tamim's innings and saying he got 63 dots in his innings out of like 140 balls and these are areas we need to improve on i get hurled the good ol "be happy we scored 300 v eng" and "we have come so far from the old days" and "why u criticising tamim after scoring 100" etc etc.

Complete inferiority complex and just happy with being the lesser team out of all the other international teams. We will never improve with such mentality and i hope to God that the players dont think the same way.
Old June 3, 2017, 12:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Thanks you mentioned. Tamim's innings was good, but far from perfect, specially when its a batting friendly pitch and opponent can easy score 330+ in this pitch. Too many dot balls, very very few singles, too slow RR in first power play, and finally not taking care of his RR after staying for so long i,e. not accelerating his RR for the later part of his innings.
Right! Damn, you took far lesser words that I did on explaining my thoughts. "Not accelerating his RR in the latter part of his innings" Exactly. Sums it up perfectly. And it cost us big time.
Old June 3, 2017, 12:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
So much oath to this. Here in sydney i was talking to bd fans and when i dissected tamim's innings and saying he got 63 dots in his innings out of like 140 balls and these are areas we need to improve on i get hurled the good ol "be happy we scored 300 v eng" and "we have come so far from the old days" and "why u criticising tamim after scoring 100" etc etc.

Complete inferiority complex and just happy with being the lesser team out of all the other international teams. We will never improve with such mentality and i hope to God that the players dont think the same way.
Yeah, this is true. I think it's a generational gap thing. Though I do watch cricket from 1997, and I went through all of Bd's abysmal years. And yet I am not complacent after coming to this level as some are.

The fans have gotten it to Mushfiqur's head that he is world class. And now you just look at his attitude,celebrating dead rubber matches, mocking the opponent. As if he is an ATG (all time great). When he doesn't have the skill, let alone humility to carry the great ones' shoes.
Old June 3, 2017, 03:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: ATM - No One.

Need the 5th bowler, with no questions asked. Miraz adds genuine off spin. If Mushy (take if for the team, will ya?!) bats at 3 it gives BD so much balance, then could play another AR or Part time bowler like Mossa who can bat few positions higher. I think Mahmudullah is better for late order hitting, he proved in Asia cup last year, he needs some time though. Sabbir is technically suited enough to bat from 5-7, Ideally Sabbir would be good number 4-5 but those positions are crowded atm.

Mashrafe needs to finish his qouta before 42nd over. Not that he did terrible but his best bowling comes in when he bowls in the first 20overs especially first 10! And need him to seam it, hold the seam more straight trying to swing, ladt game saw him bowl cutters and scramble seam too much even early on. He should allow fiz few overs first 10 because batsmen come at you hard first 10 which helps the fizz who is better when the play at him aggressively theb his cutters can come to work much better and FiZ need to bowl few near or over 140s mix up the pace then the cutters!

Tamim and Sarkar have to go bang bang after few overs, next game. Now that they've got a taste of Champions trophy. No excuses of nerves or anything. Sarkar FGS stop getting out cheaply after all the promising starts, will ya?!

Here's my team.
Tamim
Sarkar
Mushy
Mossadekk
Shakib
Sabbir
Mahmudullah
Miraz
Mortaza (cpt)
Taskin
Fizz

Yes, I'm bring taskin back. No matter what others think, he is a wicket taker. And we have fizz who is more of a older ball bowler so is Rubel, we don't need that. We need a new ball tall pacer! Taskin just needs to be groomed or should've for the opening role but grear haturu has not done that. Even though Rubels death bowling has improved, I feel BD got enough older ball bowlers in the side already. Miraz also gives you the options to bowl with the new ball.